The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

I read this somewhere

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby bionic » Thu May 12, 2011 9:59 pm

The life of a soul is like traveling up the trunk of an endless tree...
Sometimes, you can vear off onto a branch, thinking it is the trunk..but it's not..you reach the end of the branch and are like, "That's it?".
Not realizing that now you have to backtrack and , humble yourself, and get back to the main trunk, so you can start rising again.

The tree metaphore is how I learned it, but some see life as a river
soul life is an endess river leading to the ocean.. you can go off on an appealing fork that eventually pitters out and then you realize you have to humble yourself and find your way back to the main river that leads to the ocean again.

Thoughts?
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby sandra » Sun May 15, 2011 8:59 pm

I like the tree metaphor.
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby bionic » Mon May 16, 2011 5:03 am

You are the only person who was kind enough to respond. (everybody else was like..whateveah!! crazy beyatch!! But not you)
This is more of why you are a wonderful, blessed soul..
:)
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby greeney2 » Mon May 16, 2011 9:57 am

My Brother in Law officated my Father in Laws funeral, and read from a book about a river Metophor, which is wish I could remember. It equated life to a river with the flowing water, and rocks on the riverbed, all having a meaning related to life. It was something on the same line as the tree trunk and branches. Correct me if I'm wrong Sandra, but it seems like many Native American metophors about life, are related to earthy examples. Of all the worlds religions, I think Native American expression of these kind of things, like tree branchs/rivers/mountians have much more sprituality to them. I think we can all relate to God when you think of God in natural terms about our earth, rather than a church on the corner or even great cathedrals.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Mon May 16, 2011 11:04 am

A metaphor about metaphors:
They are like rafts used to cross a river. Once the river is crossed, the raft is no longer needed or even desirable.

So, on the other side of the river, in the analogy, is a way of being that isn't so haphazard like trial and error can be. Not everyone's journey needs to be like that. Which is not to say that trial and error isn't a valid method of growth.

Just my opinion. :D
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Mon May 16, 2011 11:17 am

Crossing a river is one senerio or metophor, being part of the river and flowing with it is another. One great mystery is why Salmon remember very river they were born in, return to swim up stream to spawn and die. The river can be a complete cycle of life to death. Its both symbolic and reality in some cases.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Mon May 16, 2011 11:36 am

Going with the flow is not always the best way to go, imho.
at1with0

Postby inja » Mon May 16, 2011 12:56 pm

bionic wrote:The life of a soul is like traveling up the trunk of an endless tree...
Sometimes, you can vear off onto a branch, thinking it is the trunk..but it's not..you reach the end of the branch and are like, "That's it?".
Not realizing that now you have to backtrack and , humble yourself, and get back to the main trunk, so you can start rising again.

The tree metaphore is how I learned it, but some see life as a river
soul life is an endess river leading to the ocean.. you can go off on an appealing fork that eventually pitters out and then you realize you have to humble yourself and find your way back to the main river that leads to the ocean again.

Thoughts?

If the tree metaphor speaks to you, you may be interested in learning a bit about the Kabbalistic Tree of Life. Those branches serve quite a purpose. No dead ends there.

Metaphores are great but it is up to the indivdual to dig a bit deeper to find the secrets it is hiding from you.
Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make sense.
inja

Postby bionic » Mon May 16, 2011 4:18 pm

I love Kabbalah
:thumbup:

you guys are cool
8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL893RIp3gg
(this song is not for AT1, who is already at some next level, I realize..maybe for him too, anyway)
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby at1with0 » Mon May 16, 2011 4:52 pm

I liked the song. My wife was here when I played it and she knew the song and loves it. Just as a side note. "It's the kind of thing that makes you want to change your life."
at1with0

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts