The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

Pirates

Discuss the War on Terrorism, Homeland Security, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea and other global terrorist concerns.

Postby Cole_Trickle » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:33 am

These are the normal ebbs and flows of the great propaganda machine. Try not to do any extra work for these people or their Ilk. The fault always lies with someone else, does it not?

Is that why they didn't kill the Captain and make an example of him? They just wanted to send a message. Well if that's the case they should have stowed those weapons!

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby Dark-Samus » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:49 am

Can we at-least be reasonably compassionate as a nation for once?

I think that´s one of the biggest problems the US has right now.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Aquarian » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:10 am

Cole, these pirates were around the ages of 16-19; teenagers for goodness sake. The use of weapons was clearly for theater and coercion...I don't recall any incident involving any Somalian pirates actually killing hostages.
The Few assume to be the deputies, but they are often only the despoilers of the Many.
Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
Aquarian

Postby Cole_Trickle » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:19 am

Aquarian wrote:Cole, these pirates were around the ages of 16-19; teenagers for goodness sake. The use of weapons was clearly for theater and coercion...I don't recall any incident involving any Somalian pirates actually killing hostages.

You're not serious! Are you delusional? Why not wave the white flag and release the Captain? Your line of thought here is ridiculous. I side with the Shooters on this one because it's cut and dried.

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby Aquarian » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:35 am

Did you also take into consideration the reasons WHY they are engaging in piracy? Or do you think this just came out of a black hole or a general LIKE to do such things?

We don't need to address this issue anymore militaristically as we have already. This issue demands a redress of obvious grievances from a highly impoverished nation with a wartorn history and current drought/refugee crisis.
The Few assume to be the deputies, but they are often only the despoilers of the Many.
Aquarian

Postby Cole_Trickle » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:48 am

Aquarian wrote:Did you also take into consideration the reasons WHY they are engaging in piracy? Or do you think this just came out of a black hole or a general LIKE to do such things?

We don't need to address this issue anymore militaristically as we have already. This issue demands a redress of obvious grievances from a highly impoverished nation with a wartorn history and current drought/refugee crisis.

Why are they not taking the diplomatic approach then! I'm telling you 16-19 year olds can kill as easily as 25 or 45 year old seasoned mercenaries. WTF. Your point, albeit well founded, falls on it's face when they have ak-47's pointed at your skull.

Where the hell is Jaack when I need him? :lol:

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby Jaack » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:59 pm

Aquarian wrote:Cole, these pirates were around the ages of 16-19; teenagers for goodness sake. The use of weapons was clearly for theater and coercion...I don't recall any incident involving any Somalian pirates actually killing hostages.

Yess here it is. LOL
What?
Jaack

Postby Jaack » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:30 pm

Aquarian wrote:Did you also take into consideration the reasons WHY they are engaging in piracy? Or do you think this just came out of a black hole or a general LIKE to do such things?

Here ya go, go whine about it here.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=304
What?
Jaack

Postby Aquarian » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:36 pm

Jaack, if only your sarcasm was not really sarcasm in that thread.

Cole, I also think it is perhaps a reflection of the desperateness of their situation. It is a well-established fact that extreme distress that a nation like Somalia is experiencing breeds violence and misery. Diplomacy, perhaps an attractive option to us, is something that has not been considered by these individuals mainly because they are being reactionary and that is something we must be cognizant of. But I do understand what you mean with the AK-47s, coercion, etc. Instead of being reactionary ourselves though we should be more proactively rational.
Aquarian

Postby jwebb » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:23 am

Dark-Samus wrote:
Can we at-least be reasonably compassionate as a nation for once?

I think that´s one of the biggest problems the US has right now.

Yes it is..

By the way what happened to all the old members?
There can be no faith in government if our highest offices are excused from scrutiny - they should be setting the example of transparency.
jwebb

PreviousNext

Return to The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts