The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

Guilt

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby The_Joker » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:54 am

.....Is for the guilty.

I recently celebrated a couple of major milestones in my life, retirement and my 50th Birthday strangely, people who attended my Birthday Party were few in numbers which demonstrated who my REAL friends were and many of those invited did not R.S.V.P and many who said they were attending didn't, nor did they take the time of a couple of minutes out of their lives bother to even pick up the phone and say they couldn't after all.

It comes down to respect, these people have little or no respect for me as a person it would appear. Even though I went out of my way to do things for them over the years.

As a result I am very disheartened and somewhat annoyed that I invested myself into these people and their lives, yet the feedback I have been getting is that they are somehow annoyed at me because word has gotten back to them about how pissed off at them I am.

These are the people who let me down and they are casting guilt upon me? Strange isn't it the guilty blaming everyone else instead of themselves.

As for my retirement party, many of the people I served with were not invited as the party was held in the Officer's club. don't get me wrong, it was a great night but I feel guilty about not being able to have those who were subordinate to me attend, they understood but it does not lessen my guilt over that, but I do not blame that on others or expect them to change.

The point, don't throw stones when you live in glass houses because if you do you will be homeless. ;)
Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...
The_Joker

Postby BloodStone » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:04 am

Congrats on you're retirement !!!!

enjoy the new lifestyle.... :)

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby chiselray » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:20 am

nice stuff joker...i can also relate but in the opposite..

i didnt go to 2 recent birthdays of my so called freinds ...because i dont think much of them as good friends..just users and mf's that want hsit to go their way...
Well kf that,i put me foot on the brake there :mrgreen:

It comes down to respect, these people have little or no respect for me as a person it would appear. Even though I went out of my way to do things for them over the years.

As a result I am very disheartened and somewhat annoyed that I invested myself into these people and their lives, yet the feedback I have been getting is that they are somehow annoyed at me because word has gotten back to them about how pissed off at them I am.

users ? forget them .....you got me and rath mate 8-) real aussies ... your welcome down my way anytime..in fact if you come soon,you can see the new spray booth ive just built (dodgy as) to spray the torana in.. :geek:
chiselray

Postby The_Joker » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:22 pm

lol about Rath ( that's gonna happen .. NOT!) :lol: :lol: ... What year Torana? Is it the Brock edition?

I am personally more your 1970 XW GTHO fan myself.

You are a Holden man ...me I am a Ford man we are on opposite sides of the spectrum here...could be interesting though. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Should ever be forgot...
The_Joker

Postby greeney2 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:44 pm

Congratulations on your retirement and on being 50. 2 milestones in life we all hope to see. I'm sure the ones who are really your friends were the ones who attended, but don't be too hard on those who couldn;t come. Sometimes people have other committments so don;t jump to conclusions as to why they couldn;t be there. They have other family things they have to do, and sometimes they come up last minute. People can be a real letdown sometimes, and we expect to much from them.

As for your retiring, thats really great, and if its a military retirement, thats probably why you were able to do it by age 50. Now you get to say "eat your heart out", to all those who scoffed at you staying in the military. The end of the rainbow is early retirement with a military career. Now you get to call your own shots everyday, and answer to nobody. If you want to work in another career for a few years, you can do it on your own terms, do something that really ingtriges you, or just say screw it, "I'm going Fishing". :lol:
greeney2

Postby Wing-Zero » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:02 pm

The_Joker wrote:people who attended my Birthday Party were few in numbers which demonstrated who my REAL friends were and many of those invited did not R.S.V.P and many who said they were attending didn't, nor did they take the time of a couple of minutes out of their lives bother to even pick up the phone and say they couldn't after all.

It happens, dude.

Sometimes things come up that can't be avoided. No need to write them off just because they couldn't show up. Just have a few brews with them and it'll be good.

For what it's worth, I would'a come to your party, ol' timer. :D
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby The_Joker » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:32 am

greeney2, indeed it is a military retirement .. thank you for you kind thoughts.

Wing-Zero, yes it does, I am not moaning about it I have dealt with the issues and because I have dealt with the issues the way in which I did the guilty are now feeling it in a big way .. what I am pissed off about in reality is their immature attitude, in that they are trying to shift the blame on to me when clearly it was they who decided not to call or RSVP. It is not hard to pick up a phone, for God's sake we have more mobile phones (Cell Phones) than people in Australia and Australia has the highest per capita of mobile phones for our population than every other country in the world last I heard.

They are saying what exactly? That I should not be 50 or have had my party or even advertised the fact?

I don't feel bad about turning 50 or indeed my early retirement but I guess in some way they are the jealous ones ..I pretty much have it all as greeney2 suggests in his response, maybe that is indeed the problem.

As your Marines say: "Improvise, Adapt, Overcome" I guess they will have to do that because as Rhett Butler said, "Frankly my dear I, don't give a damn" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Should ever be forgot...
The_Joker

Postby chiselray » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:37 am

The_Joker wrote:lol about Rath ( that's gonna happen .. NOT!) :lol: :lol: ... What year Torana? Is it the Brock edition?

I am personally more your 1970 XW GTHO fan myself.

You are a Holden man ...me I am a Ford man we are on opposite sides of the spectrum here...could be interesting though. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:geek:
it's a 76 LX coupe...with a 5.0 ltr stroker,it's now a 383 cube engine...and psychotically fast for a hatchback.

Big fan of Gts Hos myself....i love those things..the super roo...a few look alikes here in town,one is on my drag list when im back on the road.. :lol:
chiselray

Postby The_Joker » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:33 pm

For what it's worth, I would'a come to your party, ol' timer.

Hey! Who you calling old!

Get outta here! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Should ever be forgot...
The_Joker

Postby Halfabo » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:26 pm

The_Joker wrote:.....Is for the guilty.

I recently celebrated a couple of major milestones in my life, retirement and my 50th Birthday

Happy birthday kid. And congratulations on your retirement.

Unfortunately I took my retirement when I was in my 20s. I hitch hiked around the country while I was still young and dumb enough to enjoy it. Now, I have to keep working until I die. Oh well, it was worth it. I had a lot of great experiences and a lot of great memories.
Halfabo

Next

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts