The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

Clarity of perception

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby chiselray » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:49 am

Interpretation is so wide between listener and song writer sometimes..
Even between writer and Co- writer believe or not..

The song i was listening to today or what i am making reference to is Bryan Adams

"The summer of 69"

Adams say it's a song about making love in the summer time and has nothing to do with the year 69,according to wiki ... ?
His co- Writer say it's not :? The guy who wrote the lyrics with him and he disagree on it's meaning..Isnt that strange ?

It's funny,two people wrote this song which is not uncommon, but both assumed a different grass route from the lyrics..Jim Valance says it was written in reference to a year.The summer of 69..

But looking at the lyrics youd think it was about a man who reminisced the year 69..Probably agreeing more so with Valance than the guy who sung it and also wrote the lyrics.

so who gives a :D ..although many listeners will disagree to a songs lyrics and meaning,but few writers disagree and have different perceptions which is unusual.
Just interesting thats all.
chiselray

Postby pandasex » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:17 pm

i thought it was a remembering a good time song.

Your right though about the perception part. Its why we cant agree with anyone else most of the time. Also i think its where that whole "soul mate" dream came from. Someone that thinks like them and can sleep with what a concept. Do i believe in it? Not with my understanding of difference in perception. But it has its good points we never get bored with one another.
BURNING MAN, burning man, BuRnInG mAn,
pandasex

Postby Slade » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:28 am

Firstly that is an awesome air guitar track.

Secondly, perception is an interesting thing, Of course 69 is a sexual reference but then if you've no idea that the 69 is a sexual reference then the song is innocent, and yet some lines could imply a filthier side to a good song.
"The Wheel is spining but the hamster is dead"
Slade

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts