The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The Obama Administration & US Politics

Obama is the man

As the 2012 election is now over, Barack Obama has won a second term. Many wonder how his policies, his administration, and how the entire political arena, will change our future.

Postby Aquatank » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:58 pm

Being President means leaving morality at the door. From the moment a president is in office s/he is making decisions that cost many people their lives and others their livelihoods. No president anywhere is saint. All you can hope to do is elect a 10 on foreign and a 10 on domestic at the same time and hope s/he keeps casualties to a minimum. I certainly don't want the job.
Aquatank

Postby Lightwolf » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:20 pm

MurpheysLawyer wrote:I think Obama is the best President since George W. Bush. What do you think? Comments, concerns.

Apparently...you're an idiot. A relative of the Super Idiot Bush perhaps... It is, however, painfully obvious that your grasp on reality is tenuous at best...look around you dipshit. This country is falling apart BECAUSE of Obambam. How old are you anyway? 4?

have a nice day
When I die...I want to go peacefully in my sleep...like my Grandfather did...not screaming like the passengers in his car.
Lightwolf

Postby frrostedman » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:42 pm

Lightwolf, did you not see the sarcasm in the original post. At least it could be read that way. I took it as a sarcastic, humorous statement. Read it again. :D

And by the way it's GREAT seeing you here!!! Where have you been????
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby Lightwolf » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:55 pm

frrostedman wrote:Lightwolf, did you not see the sarcasm in the original post. At least it could be read that way. I took it as a sarcastic, humorous statement. Read it again. :D

And by the way it's GREAT seeing you here!!! Where have you been????

Oops! I goofed...
As usual Frost, I didn't read all the posts..I DO detect the sarcasam...I guess my feelings for the WORST President this country has EVER had, got in the way So I must *choke! gag!* apologise to *SPEW!* MurphysLawyer for making an accurate statement *wink wink*....and thank you SO much for your hello! *laughs* been working on my website! (The one you'll probably never see cause I SUCK at sales!!! HowEVER...I'm still trying....) Murphy...buddy ..really my friend...read the news...watch what's happening on TV...it's frightening...When was the last time you saw a puppet move on it's own?
Last edited by Lightwolf on Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
When I die...I want to go peacefully in my sleep...like my Grandfather did...not screaming like the passengers in his car.
Lightwolf

Postby Lightwolf » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:00 am

It's really a good feeling to see and be welcomed by old friends...thanks Frost! :D
Lightwolf

Postby greeney2 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:15 am

Glad you are back too Lightwolf, hope you stick around.

It appears Murphy ran out of gas after 4 posts, hope he/she returns, we didn't get to say welcome. Come back Murphy, give us your thoughts why you like Obama.

Aquatank, I'm sure many think Jimmy was the best if you don;t remember the times he was President. Nixon was forced to Resign after Spiro T. Agnew, so Gerald Ford became President to finish the term, having been appointed to VP. Inflation began with Ford, but it was 4 years of double digit inflation in a row with Jimmy. The housing market went nuts, and the price of housing skyrocketed, where nobody could afford a house. He weakened our Military Strength to a point of embarrasment. His direction of the failed Embassy rescue in Iran was his lowest point. Military readyness was at an all time low, he had cancelled the B1 bomber. After Vietnam the draft was ended, and enlistments were low. Jimmy has done much greater things after his Presidency IMHO in terms of his Humanitarian projects. He also was lucky, in that he was a Peacetime President.
greeney2

Postby Lightwolf » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:57 am

greeney2 wrote:Glad you are back too Lightwolf, hope you stick around.

Thanks greeny! I plan to be here for quite sometime yet...as for Murphy....Well....children must fill the sandbox *laughs*
Lightwolf

Postby Aquatank » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:04 am

Greeney2 everything you mentioned is the failed domestic policy I mentioned except the rescue op. As you know that failed due to a sandstorm not the president.

The economy that was downturned by War & the Oil Embargo wasn't turned around until post Reagan, so you have Ford, Carter, and Reagan who could do nothing about it. And don't sy it wasn't so because I remember all the farmers that were in trouble during Reagan.
Aquatank

Postby Aquarian » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:28 am

Aquatank, I am amazed that you are giving Jimmy Carter any credit for anything he has done. I think Carter was used as a benevolent face for US aggression in the Middle-East, and I think he bears at-least some responsibility for paving the way for direct US imperialism in the Middle-East. Nothing was accomplished in regards to the talks Egypt-Israeli talks, which, like the talks today, only serve to strangle the prospect for Palestinian liberation. The talks during his time like the talks that are occuring now are being used as a catalyst for aggression against other countries (back then it was Syria, now its Iran).

Remember Carter also supported the overthrow of USSR-backed regime in Afghanistan in favor of Islamic Radical Fundamentalists- the "beginning" of the arms race could be traced with this action, some of them even ending up in the arms of CIA-favorite Osama Bin Laden. This "venture" costed almost 2 million lives :!:

Let's not forget the Carter Doctrine, which was preemptive in and of itself.

Twenty-nine years ago, President Jimmy Carter adopted the radical and dangerous policy of using military force to ensure U.S. access to Middle Eastern oil. "Let our position be absolutely he clear," he said in his State of the Union address on January 23, 1980. "An attempt by any outside force to gain control of the Persian Gulf region [and thereby endanger the flow of oil] will be regarded as an assault on the vital interests of the United States of America, and such an assault will be repelled by any means necessary, including military force."

http://www.fpif.org/articles/repudiate_ ... r_doctrine
The Few assume to be the deputies, but they are often only the despoilers of the Many.
Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
Aquarian

Postby Aquatank » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:32 am

On the contrary regarding the Middle East Carters moves between Egypt and Israel kept the Suez Canal open to traffic which was its main goal after the devastating oil embargo. And yes it meant force but lets look back in the 1970s electric cars were not a viable option and the USA had just reached peak oil meaning it had to import substantial amount of oil. Thats strategic national importance. Today we have the opportunity to reverse that policy, an opportunity Carter did not have.
Aquatank

PreviousNext

Return to The Obama Administration & US Politics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts