The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

World Politics

Australian Republicans have no idea what a republic is!

This section is designed for foreign politics, outside the United States. The Black Vault serves many different countries, and this forum will hold threads regarding world politics, events, etc.

Postby The_Joker » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:16 am

The following is a letter I have sent to the Australian Republican Party after reading their policy which immediately follows the letter. I am posting this information to demonstrate what I believe to be either a deception of the PTB in Australia who may or may not be controlling the Republican debate or what seems to be the complete the ineptness of the people who THINK they are republicans.

None of the major Parties, Labour, LNP, Greens, Dems have released any policy on Australia becoming a Republic and have not done so since John Howard was our P.M.

Dear Sir/Madam

I believe Australia should move to a republic as soon as is practicable however, I find it impossible to support any Republic which, does not guarantee a Bill of Rights to the citizens.

My understanding of your Policy is only to replace references to the Queen with The Australian Head of State and the system of government, and laws will continue to operate as normal. This is not a Republic as defined below.

The term "Republic" is defined 5 ways:
a state in which the supreme power rests in the body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by representatives chosen directly or indirectly by them.
any body of persons viewed as a commonwealth.
a state in which the head of government is not a monarch or other hereditary head of state.
( initial capital letter ) any of the five periods of republican government in France. Compare First Republic, Second Republic, Third Republic, Fourth Republic, Fifth Republic.
( initial capital letter, italics ) a philosophical dialogue (4th century b.c.) by Plato dealing with the composition and structure of the ideal state.

What your organization is suggesting therefore is not even close to a republic.

My question is why can't/won't the Republican Party and the Movement actually push for a proper Republic and adopt an amended version (to fit the needs of Australia) of the US Constitution in the following parts Articles 1 to 7 and the first Ten Amendments only?

I await your reply with interest,

My signature

THE POLICY
See the info directly on the site at: http://www.republic.org.au/page/australian-republican-movement-policy

The Australian Republican Movement Policy
An Australian Republic: Framework, Selection Methods and Process

Why a Republic?

An Australian republic is about Australia’s future. It’s about our shared identity and place in the world. It will have a constitution that reflects the sovereignty of the Australian people, so that any Australian citizen can aspire to the highest office in the land.

An Australian republic will embrace our egalitarianism and the concept of a fair go. It will acknowledge our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage and respect its culture, with its timeless connection to the Australian land and sea. It will recognise and build upon our British heritage and acknowledge its gifts, including our political and legal institutions. An Australian republic will celebrate our immigrant heritage of opportunity and endeavour and its contribution to our national identity. It will unite all Australians behind an Australian Head of State.

The Framework

Much of the discussion about an Australian republic over the last fifteen years has been about selection methods for the Head of State and this has often overlooked the important framework that would support the final preferred selection method. The Australian Republican Movement (ARM) recommends the following framework for an Australian republic.

1. Australia’s Head of State to be an Australian citizen.
2. Australia’s Head of State to be a non-executive Head of State and to have powers like those of the current Governor-General.
3. Australia’s constitution to have all references to the Queen and the Monarchy removed and replaced with references to Australia’s Head of State.
4. Australia’s Head of State to be dismissed only by a significant majority vote of the Federal Parliament.

The above framework will ensure that our existing parliamentary and federal system of government will continue to flourish regardless of the selection method. The ARM fully supports Australia remaining in the Commonwealth as a republic, as are the majority of Commonwealth nations.

Selection Methods

The ARM supports the Australian people deciding on the appropriate selection method for Australia’s Head of State. Any of the following selection methods would work with the ARM’s recommended framework. These are methods that have featured in public debate over the last decade.

1. Elected by the Australian people from a list of candidates nominated by the community.
2. Elected by the Australian people from a list of candidates nominated by the Federal Parliament.
3. Appointed by a two thirds majority of a joint sitting of both houses of the Federal Parliament.
4. Appointed by a constitutional council of eminent Australians such as former Governors and/or Governors-General.

At present, polls indicate that a vast majority of Australians support the direct election of the Head of State in a republic. A number of options, including direct election, should be considered in the process leading up to the referendum. The ARM will support the selection method preferred by the Australian people and will campaign for it.

How to get to a Republic - The Process

The ARM recommends the following process for achieving an Australian republic. Each of the following steps should be combined with the public consultation and education necessary to ensure that Australians are fully informed and involved in this important decision about our nation’s future.

1. A non-binding plebiscite on the threshold question of do you want Australia to become a republic with an Australian Head of State?
A second plebiscite on the form of a republic including the selection method (following the full development of forms of a republic, including the selection method, by experts).
3. A referendum offering a choice between adopting the form of republic approved by the second plebiscite or remaining a constitutional monarchy.

Our Republic - The People’s Choice

Our republic must reflect the sovereignty of the Australian people. The framework, options for selection methods and process outlined above will achieve this aim. The ARM stands ready to work with the Australian people on this important national journey.

ENDORSED BY THE ARM NATIONAL COMMITTEE FEBRUARY 2010
Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...
The_Joker

Postby The_Joker » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:08 pm

Truth must hurt, because they to date have not replied to my letter, when or if they grow a pair enough to answer the questions I asked them I will post the reply.
Should ever be forgot...
The_Joker

Postby rath » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:59 am

The_Joker wrote:The following is a letter I have sent to the Australian Republican Party after reading their policy which immediately follows the letter.

the Australian Republican Party

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:roll: :roll: :roll:
:oops: :oops:
:oops:

There is no such political Party in Australia.

Why do you keep making stuf up Joker .......

If you where an Australian you would know these things.

:oops:

We just had an Election TODAY 21\08\2010 ......

No Republican Party anywhere.

Current Register of Political Parties

http://www.aec.gov.au/Parties_and_Repre ... /index.htm
rath

Postby rath » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:03 am

Here is another example you have NO IDEA what your talking about.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4453

Vietnam veterans remembered

20 Aug, 2010 09:05 AM

Yesterday marked the 44th anniversary of “The Battle of Long Tan” or Vietnam Veteran’s Day.
The Valley’s ex-servicemen and women attended a wreath-laying ceremony at the Nambucca Heads RSL cenotaph to remember all those who lost their lives at war.

Celebrated on August 18 each year, Vietnam Veteran’s Day is a day set aside to remember another long battle that saw Australian troops risk their lives on foreign soil.

The Vietnam War was the longest major conflict in which Australians have been involved; it lasted 10 years, from 1962 to 1972, and involved some 60,000 personnel.

Guest speaker for the service was Gumbaynggirr elder and former RAAF Squadron 9 serviceman Joseph Bryant.

Mr Bryant served from 1970 to 1971 in South Veitnam during the Vietnam War.

He spoke of his memories of Vietnam and how the iconic ‘Australian meat pie’ was valuable currency for trading. The morning service was followed by a luncheon provided by the Nambucca Heads RSL which played host for the day.

http://www.nambuccaguardian.com.au/news ... 18772.aspx
rath

Postby BloodStone » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:55 am

Don't fret my Aussie friends ...

Our whole country forgot what it's like to be a republic !!!!!

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby The_Joker » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:11 pm

http://www.republic.org.au/page/austral ... ent-policy

http://www.therepublicans.com.au/

No such party eh? Accuse me of lying eh? Shown your true colours again eh rath.

Once again you have been caught out by your misrepresentation of pertinent facts when a link to the policy was provided in the original post.

The Australian Republican Party is still very much a Political Party but they had no-one standing in the 2010 Election and THAT is why the Australian Electoral Commission does not have them listed on their website. But if you were a 30 year old man and not a imature 15 year old kid who thinks he knows everything you would understand how the AEC and politics in Australia works.

:idea: :!: rath = No credibility :!:

Anyway, back to the land of Ignore for you rath.
Should ever be forgot...
The_Joker

Postby Nesaie » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:04 pm

Wow Joker! I'm impressed! It's a darned start!

OK, so, kick out your monarchy. Don't buy their products and dump them in the waterways. Get some eloquent writers to post common sense (anyone get that one? Common Sense by Thomas Paine? Oh nvm) articles on doors. Help another country, closer to England, who hates them, with their war against England. We in the states used France.

Then, though this country doesn't follow them, check out the Bill of Rights. I love them and believe they apply to all Humans in all countries. See if you want to try a few of them out, after you kick out the bitch...ahem, the monarchy. ;)

Oh, and be nice to New Zealanders, they ain't that bad. ;)
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby Nesaie » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:08 pm

Oh, and I wish Canada would do what you're doing!

Also, don't pay attention to rath, we don't either. ;)
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby The_Joker » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:34 pm

Thanks Nesaie, I have seen the Thomas Paine vids on YouTube( I like him) but the costume is a bit over the top for me. I too am not a fan of the B.. er, I mean Queen or the Monarchy as a system of government.

Not only that she is these days just a drain on our country' revenue as she is our head of state and does sweet bugger all for us in reality other than sitting around in Buckingham Palace and castles and doing some stuff for the tourists by coming out in all of her Royal Garb and "Officiating" over bridge opening and giving knighthoods to pop and Rock Stars like Paul MacCartney and Elton John etc.

As for being nice to Kiwi's, I have to be to some extent, I am engaged to a Mauri girl.

As for that other person you mention in your response, he has no credibility whatsoever and has been caught out several times since I have been a member, I can't speak for earlier times but I could only guess based on recent history.
Should ever be forgot...
The_Joker

Postby The_Joker » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:52 am

The following is the reply of the letter I sent to the ARM (Australian Republican Movement). My response is below the reply.

The email address for Mike Keating is chair@replic.org.au

Hello and thanks for your comments.
You are probably aware of the recent quite separate push for a Bill of
Rights in Australia.
The fundamentals and options for an Australian republic , as we see them,
are spelled out on our website at http://www.republic.org.au.
We do not envisage Australia ever being a USA style executive president
republic.
Best wishes,
Mike Keating
National Chair
ARM

Mike,
Thank you for your reply.

I am aware of the Bill however a republic such as you are suggesting is NOT
a republic at all.