The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The Obama Administration & US Politics

Obama & media - "off-the-record"

As the 2012 election is now over, Barack Obama has won a second term. Many wonder how his policies, his administration, and how the entire political arena, will change our future.

Postby qmark » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:36 am

Geeez, the New York Times, which is a progressive leftist organization in the administrations pocket, had the good sense to not take part in the "off-the-record" gathering. Good grief!
Hows that transparency workin out for ya?

Reporters wouldn't say Thursday who joined President Obama for an off-the-record lunch at the White House.

The Upshot noted the irony that news organizations have been at the forefront of the fight to make White House visitor logs public. Not to mention the fact that the names of those who visit the White House in August will be made available to the public by November anyway.

But who wants to wait until November? The Upshot has now learned which White House beat reporters attended the off-the-record meeting.

Here's the lineup: Ben Feller (Associated Press), Jonathan Weisman and Laura Meckler (Wall Street Journal), Michael Shear and Scott Wilson (Washington Post), Caren Bohan (Reuters), David Jackson (USA Today), Carol Lee (Politico), Peter Nicholas (Tribune Co.), Margaret Talev (McClatchy) and Julianna Goldman (Bloomberg).

Several reporters on this list gave "no comments" to The Upshot on Thursday.

The New York Times was invited but did not attend. White House reporter Peter Baker told The Upshot that the paper "politely declined because we'd like very much to talk on the record."

(John Cook contributed to this report.)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20 ... with-obama
qmark

Postby frrostedman » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:03 pm

This administration has had such a LACK of transparency it just screams of unmitigated hypocrisy from Obama.

He did it. He's the one that promised open books and open meetings, complete transparency with C-Span looking at all the time. And then he slams the door shut and huddles together with only those liberals who agree with him.

What a horse's ass he is.

Has he kept any of the campaign promises and timetables? ANY of them?

How could it be that George Bush Sr. was never-endingly lambasted by the entire nation for saying, "Read my lips. No new taxes!" during his campaign. That was just one thing he promised and didn't do. There are probably a dozen, maybe even 2 dozen campaign promises from Obama that were broken.

And they say there's no liberal media bias. HA! :roll:
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby Nesaie » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:56 pm

Everything obummer said on the campaign trail was a lie, I mean EVERYTHING. I've tried to point that out to some dems, but they couldn't carry on a rational discussion and they hate the Constitution.

Bush sr. lied too, maybe not to the extent of obummer (I mean honestly, he has got to be the biggest lying supposed prez so far) but he did lie. We as Americans seem to think its OK for politicians to lie. That sucks! I don't care how many lies or how big of lies they claim, a lie is a lie is a lie! Why do you vote for these liars?

And Frosty, it isn't about left/right in the news. Remember the "Dean scream"? They're corporately controlled propaganda. The teleprompter readers are told what to say and you can find the same exact words across all the tv AKA propaganda machines, "news" stations including fox. I think "news" papers are slightly better, but the internet is the best yet for real news. Oh yeah, that's why they want to kill the internet too.
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby Halfabo » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:55 am

Nesaie wrote:Everything obummer said on the campaign trail was a lie, I mean EVERYTHING. I've tried to point that out to some dems, but they couldn't carry on a rational discussion and they hate the Constitution.

Bush sr. lied too, maybe not to the extent of obummer (I mean honestly, he has got to be the biggest lying supposed prez so far) but he did lie. We as Americans seem to think its OK for politicians to lie. That sucks! I don't care how many lies or how big of lies they claim, a lie is a lie is a lie! Why do you vote for these liars?

And Frosty, it isn't about left/right in the news. Remember the "Dean scream"? They're corporately controlled propaganda. The teleprompter readers are told what to say and you can find the same exact words across all the tv AKA propaganda machines, "news" stations including fox. I think "news" papers are slightly better, but the internet is the best yet for real news. Oh yeah, that's why they want to kill the internet too.

In all fairness Nesaie, has there been a president in the last fifty years who did not lie? It's just that the lies get worse with each new one. Each one trying to out lie the one before. I don't think it will get better anytime soon. At least not till we take our country back.
Halfabo

Postby Cole_Trickle » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:14 pm

It's because they are puppets--I keep trying to educate you guys in that regard and you keep refusing to think about it. He's not much of a man because he doesn't have to be. Telling lies comes with the territory everyone in office does it, why should a guy who is basically an INFANT in political terms be any different?

If he told the truth as promised---WELL surely you can figure that out!

Bring Em All Home Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby frrostedman » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:45 pm

Cole_Trickle wrote:I keep trying to educate you guys

The more you keep saying that the more arrogant you seem and the more you turn people off.

Use some common sense. Quit trying to sound like you have superior knowledge and intellect. Even if you did, which I can assure you you don't, it's just a terrible way to start off a conversation.

Also, if you truly want to educate folks, it would help if you at least occasionally use fact-based arguments with legitimate sources--instead of submitting 95% opinion (mostly borrowed) and 5% links and pictures from opinionated websites with political agendas.
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby Halfabo » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:10 pm

frrostedman wrote:
Cole_Trickle wrote:I keep trying to educate you guys

The more you keep saying that the more arrogant you seem and the more you turn people off.

Use some common sense. Quit trying to sound like you have superior knowledge and intellect. Even if you did, which I can assure you you don't, it's just a terrible way to start off a conversation.

Also, if you truly want to educate folks, it would help if you at least occasionally use fact-based arguments with legitimate sources--instead of submitting 95% opinion (mostly borrowed) and 5% links and pictures from opinionated websites with political agendas.

It's o.k. Tom, I think most of us knew someone like that when we were in school. The kid that claimed he was smarter than everyone else. The kid that claimed everyone else was wrong and only he was right. Of course he usually shouted those things over his shoulder as he was climbing into the short school bus. :)
Halfabo

Postby Nesaie » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:33 am

Halfabo wrote:In all fairness Nesaie, has there been a president in the last fifty years who did not lie? It's just that the lies get worse with each new one. Each one trying to out lie the one before. I don't think it will get better anytime soon. At least not till we take our country back.

That's my point! They ALL lie! Kennedy may have been an exception, that may be why he was murdered. But, the thing is, why in the heck do we put up with these bloody lies?! Yeah, they get worse and worse and we all assume all politicians lie, but, "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore".

BTW, you live in my state. I hope you checked out and voted for Sanders. I have to check how he did in the primaries...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, "I like Ike". I don't like the Korean war. However, of the presidents not murdered in the 20th century, I believe he was the best.
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby greeney2 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:39 am

Bush sr. lied too, maybe not to the extent of obummer (I mean honestly, he has got to be the biggest lying supposed prez so far) but he did lie.

People voted for change, and now people are seeing the difference between someone who was no nonsense, and someone willing to sell out everyone with apologies, all over the world. Now you are seeing the Democrats in complete control, with noone else to blame, but they are still crying Bush, Bush, Bush. They own everything they have done from the wars, to the Health Care fiasco, to the economic disaster, and the Nationl Debt that grew at a faster rate than Bush.

Now what do you all think about the billboard, "Miss me Yet"?
greeney2

Postby frrostedman » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:03 pm

greeney2 wrote:
Bush sr. lied too, maybe not to the extent of obummer (I mean honestly, he has got to be the biggest lying supposed prez so far) but he did lie.

People voted for change, and now people are seeing the difference between someone who was no nonsense, and someone willing to sell out everyone with apologies, all over the world. Now you are seeing the Democrats in complete control, with noone else to blame, but they are still crying Bush, Bush, Bush. They own everything they have done from the wars, to the Health Care fiasco, to the economic disaster, and the Nationl Debt that grew at a faster rate than Bush.

Now what do you all think about the billboard, "Miss me Yet"?

It's actually dishonest for the Dems to blame Bush for any of the war effort. He couldn't have done it without their support.
frrostedman

Next

Return to The Obama Administration & US Politics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts