The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Questions that make you think...

CERN WILL PROVE THE ATHEISTS HAVE BEEN RIGHT ALL ALONG

In this forum, questions are asked which are really tough to answer. Some philosophical, some regarding morality and many others. Have fun, and post your own personal tough questions!

Postby shadowcass » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:16 am

Or WILL it? Last time I checked it is taking a team of scientists (about 6500 from over five hundred universities in 80 different countries) plus one hell of a big and insanely expensive machine to CREATE the mini black hole that is supposed to prove that the universe could exist without a CREATOR.
shadowcass

Postby at1with0 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:17 am

There is more to reality than the physical universe.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:01 am

And it will take a CREATOR to get 6500 scientists, and 500 Universities to agreed on the results. I'm actually serious, they will never all agree, so if they don't, a concencous will never be considered proof positive.
greeney2

Postby Halfabo » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:21 pm

How exactly would creating a mini-black hole prove there is no creator?
Halfabo

Postby frrostedman » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:22 pm

The only way a team of scientists could prove no Creator is necessary is to build a giant space; a self-contained vacuum with nothing inside; and document while a universe spontaneously appears within it.

In the context of this thread, all they are doing by creating a black hole is proving that a black hole requires a creator. Or in this case, creators.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby The_Joker » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:04 pm

Man is the creator of God not the other way around. It is because man has always had the need to believe in a power greater than himself when he can't explain things. As time progressed it gave him hope, which in turn turned into faith in that greater power he named God.

Religion is the culmination of the belief, religion is controlled by man not by God.
Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...
The_Joker

Postby gudskepteacal » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:36 pm

Boy, I hope so shadowcass. That way I can stop 'clinging to my Bible' as our fearless leader put it.

at1with0 wrote:There is more to reality than the physical universe.

Why at1; I am shocked :shock: . We do agree on something.

greeney2 wrote:And it will take a CREATOR to get 6500 scientists, and 500 Universities to agreed on the results. I'm actually serious, they will never all agree, so if they don't, a concencous will never be considered proof positive.

As usual, huh greeney?

Halfabo wrote:How exactly would creating a mini-black hole prove there is no creator?

Way over my pay grade Halfabo. :oops:

frrostedman wrote:The only way a team of scientists could prove no Creator is necessary is to build a giant space; a self-contained vacuum with nothing inside; and document while a universe spontaneously appears within it.

In the context of this thread, all they are doing by creating a black hole is proving that a black hole requires a creator. Or in this case, creators.

STOP frosty, Stop; head is spinning...

The_Joker wrote:religion is controlled by man not by God.

Quite right Joker; isn't it written somewhere that Satan was given dominion over the earth...?
"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." - James Madison
gudskepteacal

Postby Wing-Zero » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:42 pm

quote="gudskepteacal"]Quite right Joker; isn't it written somewhere that Satan was given dominion over the earth...?[/quote]

Really? If I may ask so boldly, could you cite the references for that?
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby gudskepteacal » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:29 pm

Nice call Wing. At the time, I really had no reference, per se, to the words, "Satan was given dominion over the earth". I don't recall those words being in the Bible and was kind of asking the question if anybody knew of that phrase being in any other religious texts. As far as the Bible having mention of it, the following passages could be construed as evidence for that phrase.

Matthew 4:8 and 9 - 8'Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;'
9'And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou will fall down and worship me.'

II Corinthians 4:4 - 'In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine upon them.'

Luke 4:5 thru 4:8 - 5'And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.'
6'And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.'
7'If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.'
8'And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thy serve.'

Does it mean the same thing as "Satan was given dominion over the earth"? You all are more than capable of deciding that for yourselves.
"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." - James Madison
gudskepteacal

Postby sandra » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:22 am

"The Man of Lawlessness
1Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers, 2not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the day of the Lord has already come. 3Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for (that day will not come) until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.
5Don't you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 8And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 9The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders, 10and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness."
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Next

Return to Questions that make you think...

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts