The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

The Bible ~ spiritually inspired?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby rath » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:26 am

SmokinJoe wrote:You aren't arquing with me, Rath. You are arquing with Buddha's own words.


Common SmokinJoe .......... you know me better than that .........

Ill argue with anybody, ... even a dead buddha.
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby SmokinJoe » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:47 am

:lol: That's right, how could I forget. lol...NOW I'm officially caught up. :D

I almost had coffee coming out my nose. I was drinking some good ole Irish coffee as I was reading your post..good stuff.
Dawkins thinks belief in God is an excuse to evade thinking in the scientific world. Sadly, he is ignorant to the list of christian scientists who have contributed & founded many of the sciences he himself believes in. How ironic.
User avatar
SmokinJoe
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am
Location: OHIO

Postby rath » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:48 pm

at1with0 wrote:
rath wrote:Riddle me this .......

If reincarnation is the rebirth of the soul ...... Well lets face it .... When mankind evolved 400,000 odd years ago ...... there where around 50,000 people on earth .....

Today it's more like 6 Billion people.

Now remember ..... one soul per person.

So if 400,000 years ago there where only 50,000 souls on earth ...... & each soul is reborn to a body meaning one soul per body ....


Then there is still only 50,000 or less now .... & yet we now have 6 billion body's on earth.

What do you think buddha would make of that.???



Why would you think reincarnation precludes the birth of new souls?


Hmmm ...... let me get back to you on that.

1st up ...... it would all depend if God or whatever it was created us all .... is still around or not.
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby rath » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:48 pm

SmokinJoe wrote::lol: That's right, how could I forget. lol...NOW I'm officially caught up. :D

I almost had coffee coming out my nose. I was drinking some good ole Irish coffee as I was reading your post..good stuff.



:D
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby at1with0 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:25 am

rath wrote:Hmmm ...... let me get back to you on that.

1st up ...... it would all depend if God or whatever it was created us all .... is still around or not.



Personally, I'm on the fence when it comes to reincarnation and karma.

If (some?) people are reincarnated, I would think that it wouldn't be that only the original set of humans (which is a very vaguely defined set since there are various levels of human-ness) get reincarnated...more likely that people are reincarnated along with the birth of new souls.

What I do believe, though can't conclusively prove, is that there are parallel universes (as they are called--which I think is a misnomer). I believe that it is quite possible that a single soul has many incarnations across parallels, some of which resemble this universe perfectly but in what would be for us the past, thus giving the impression of there being reincarnation.

I think existence in parallels is more plausible than strictly one-universe reincarnation.

Just my opinion since I can't prove anything.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
User avatar
at1with0
 
Posts: 9183
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: the coproduct of the amalgam of all structures

Postby rath » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:15 am

at1with0 wrote:
rath wrote:Hmmm ...... let me get back to you on that.

1st up ...... it would all depend if God or whatever it was created us all .... is still around or not.



Personally, I'm on the fence when it comes to reincarnation and karma.

If (some?) people are reincarnated, I would think that it wouldn't be that only the original set of humans (which is a very vaguely defined set since there are various levels of human-ness) get reincarnated...more likely that people are reincarnated along with the birth of new souls.

What I do believe, though can't conclusively prove, is that there are parallel universes (as they are called--which I think is a misnomer). I believe that it is quite possible that a single soul has many incarnations across parallels, some of which resemble this universe perfectly but in what would be for us the past, thus giving the impression of there being reincarnation.

I think existence in parallels is more plausible than strictly one-universe reincarnation.

Just my opinion since I can't prove anything.



So you think the witches & the Wickens have it right.

All living things have a soul ....... humans, trees, ... frogs ( all animal life ) rocks, sticks.

& so if everything has a spirit ........ then reincarnation can take any for.

you could be re born as a frog or a twig.



Tell me this .... ???

can one pick what when an where one is reincarnated ,,,,,, or do you get what your given, depending on weather you where good or bad in life.

In the words of the Dali lama (Sydney 2008) .........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbC-TXNGK1M
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby at1with0 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:18 pm

rath wrote:
at1with0 wrote:
rath wrote:Hmmm ...... let me get back to you on that.

1st up ...... it would all depend if God or whatever it was created us all .... is still around or not.



Personally, I'm on the fence when it comes to reincarnation and karma.

If (some?) people are reincarnated, I would think that it wouldn't be that only the original set of humans (which is a very vaguely defined set since there are various levels of human-ness) get reincarnated...more likely that people are reincarnated along with the birth of new souls.

What I do believe, though can't conclusively prove, is that there are parallel universes (as they are called--which I think is a misnomer). I believe that it is quite possible that a single soul has many incarnations across parallels, some of which resemble this universe perfectly but in what would be for us the past, thus giving the impression of there being reincarnation.

I think existence in parallels is more plausible than strictly one-universe reincarnation.

Just my opinion since I can't prove anything.



So you think the witches & the Wickens have it right.

All living things have a soul ....... humans, trees, ... frogs ( all animal life ) rocks, sticks.

& so if everything has a spirit ........ then reincarnation can take any for.

you could be re born as a frog or a twig.



Tell me this .... ???

can one pick what when an where one is reincarnated ,,,,,, or do you get what your given, depending on weather you where good or bad in life.

In the words of the Dali lama (Sydney 2008) .........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbC-TXNGK1M


I don't know what other people believe but I have clearly stated what my suspicions are. Anything else is extrapolation on your part.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
User avatar
at1with0
 
Posts: 9183
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: the coproduct of the amalgam of all structures

Postby sandra » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:05 pm

at1with0 wrote:
rath wrote:Hmmm ...... let me get back to you on that.

1st up ...... it would all depend if God or whatever it was created us all .... is still around or not.



Personally, I'm on the fence when it comes to reincarnation and karma.

If (some?) people are reincarnated, I would think that it wouldn't be that only the original set of humans (which is a very vaguely defined set since there are various levels of human-ness) get reincarnated...more likely that people are reincarnated along with the birth of new souls.

What I do believe, though can't conclusively prove, is that there are parallel universes (as they are called--which I think is a misnomer). I believe that it is quite possible that a single soul has many incarnations across parallels, some of which resemble this universe perfectly but in what would be for us the past, thus giving the impression of there being reincarnation.

I think existence in parallels is more plausible than strictly one-universe reincarnation.

Just my opinion since I can't prove anything.


Yeah its a theory I've spent time in thinking, however what difference is there in this and being a multidimensional being? As well as, who is to say these other multidimensional beings of ourself are in some Universe in which is similar to ours, maybe this is our Universe in its entirety, this is our place in its entirety, here on earth. What is space and time in these theories? Who is to say that another Universe out there is not another Universe right here, a mind upon earth. We measure time, years to us is a long time, we feel and see the changes in such slow motion, that is not the time in which life actually moves nor the distance between change, tell me, how long does it take for you to move from one thought to the next? What is the space between that? Our physical changes as well are subtle many times, things are not subtle when you become more aware of thought to physical movement etc., we can experience time much faster. How do we know that in fields such as astronomy etc, science is not physically observing another space and time in which is not seperate from anything or anyone here. These multidimensionals or parallels of ourselves could exist in space and time right here, not excluding other humans.
What truly is an asteroid, or collision in space, etc. I like to think of all those things. If everything is one, then at times what is really being observed in these other fields. What is not a reflection of the human mind that would have nothing to do with it?
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
User avatar
sandra
 
Posts: 3704
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:27 pm
Location: Minnesota US

Postby at1with0 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:12 pm

sandra wrote:Yeah its a theory I've spent time in thinking, however what difference is there in this and being a multidimensional being? As well as, who is to say these other multidimensional beings of ourself are in some Universe in which is similar to ours, maybe this is our Universe in its entirety, this is our place in its entirety, here on earth.


Image


8-)
"it is easy to grow crazy"
User avatar
at1with0
 
Posts: 9183
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: the coproduct of the amalgam of all structures

Postby sandra » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:39 pm

Nice timing. Never seen the symbolism before, or the card.
Interesting information though.
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
User avatar
sandra
 
Posts: 3704
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:27 pm
Location: Minnesota US

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 292 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:19 pm
  • Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest