The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

The Pirate Bay

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby _Billy_ » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:37 pm

I download all my programs from Pirate's Bay.
"Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez" Let the Good Times Roll
_Billy_

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:48 am

I haven't been keeping up with it but I got a threatening letter from my ISP. Of course the game they're accusing me of downloading is one that I have a legal retail copy of, registered and all. I don't share my games, guess that makes me stingy or something.

Postby Tairaa » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:40 am

Uploading is a bigger pot with hotter water then downloading is anyway, Rykuss.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Lashmar » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:48 am

Little boys throwing their toys out again.

They charge so much for these things you can’t blame people for it. Some games in the UK are fifty pound (about seventy-five dollars). :shock:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Dark-Samus » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:52 am

Yup...specially games...they cost way too much...
And todays games aren´t that good compared to the games from the last decade...
To me anyway...
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Tairaa » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:54 am

No Saturos, they are not! BUT! They take a LOT more people to make.

No 3d artist is happy about the fact that it's a hi-def world now, and neither are the game studios. Because now it takes longer to do everything, and so they have to have 10x the amount of people working, to make half the duration of the old games.

So while games are expensive, there is a reason, because in the game you're playing that had 100 full time workers working for 2 years, cost the studio a LOT of money to produce. These guys don't work cheap. ;)
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Dark-Samus » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:57 am

Ok to be fair not all games.
But have you played recent modern games?
And I`m mostly talking about console games.
Specially for the Wii.
Most games take 1 hour to finish, and they barely got any good things on it and it surely doesn´t make up for all that money.
Not even half the price...

Of course some games deserve the price they have.
Like Starcraft.
Best game ever... :mrgreen:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Tairaa » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:00 am

Starcraft pretty much is the best game ever, I agree.

Yeah! Wii games are a bit different, they aren't high definition, so I guess they get their prices because all the other games are expensive.

But PC games and ps3/xbox360 games typically are hi-def.
Tairaa

Postby Lashmar » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:02 am

GTA San Andreas anyone? 8-)
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Tairaa » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:05 am

San Andreas was decent. That was the one where you're able to upgrade your character for the first time right?
Tairaa

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts