The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

my experiment

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby chiselray » Mon May 03, 2010 3:49 am

I tried to see just how long i could go today without thinking a sware word or without saying one...

Now i failed at thinking one,so im working on that...but i was going ok till i was looking for a parking spot at the super market....there was this umm camper truck parked in two places....basically that was my downfall..one of the spots could have been Mine,.,,

What is it that really gets to you....??
chiselray

Postby greeney2 » Mon May 03, 2010 9:55 am

I'm guilty of saying a few choice words. Making no excuses, but I worked 40 years in 2 industies where men are men, and very few men don't curse in some form at work. Mechanics, machinists, welders, construction workers, they all have a tough enviorment and tough work. You make a mistake or bang yourself, you get cut or burned everyday, you just say F^%$# and keep on truckin. Maybe its a product of a military hitch, where foul language is mandotory in that culture.(at least in my time) Unfortunatly, bad habits stick, and thats one of them. When you don;t have to watch your P's & Q's (old saying that should change to F's & Damn's) you usually don;t until your Mother is within a ear away. :lol: Nowadays, that doesn;t even matter. :roll:

I worked with a few men over the years, who never cursed and were from a different generation where even the most tame of curse words were never said in the company of women and children. Thats a standard, nearly extinct.

We seem to have evolved into a society where the F-word to many is as common as it comes, and nobody is spared hearing it.

2 things that get me going is drive in fast foods that can't get your order right but rattle off 5 things to try selling you. and people laying on horns when traffic can't possibly move.
greeney2

Postby shadowfx » Mon May 03, 2010 11:08 am

I started swearing as soon as I read this thread and realized that I just wasted 2 mins of mine time on it. :D
shadowfx

Postby chiselray » Tue May 04, 2010 6:11 pm

greeney2 wrote:
2 things that get me going is drive in fast foods that can't get your order right but rattle off 5 things to try selling you. and people laying on horns when traffic can't possibly move.

dont even get me started on drive through fast food ....its always starts after you order a simple meal.."would you like _ with that ? " nup then i ignore them and drive through to pay...simple..!>>!!>!

Shadow...thats 2 minutes you will never get back... :twisted:
chiselray

Postby bionic » Wed May 05, 2010 9:12 pm

I swear way too much, especially for a female.(Mom calls me a "trucker mouth"..not proud of it, but I am what I am)
Just get me in traffic and the swearing will start at some point.
Recently my H was driving with my son, some guy cut him off in traffic and he lost it a bit, at this point my son turned to him and says something like, "daddy yells in the car too..just like mommy"
H got great joy in relating this story to me
A proud moment for me, let me tell yah
:?
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts