The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

Big Brother

Discuss the War on Terrorism, Homeland Security, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea and other global terrorist concerns.

Postby Cole_Trickle » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:05 am

Looks as if someone has caught Big Brother with both feet out of bounds " AGAIN. Will it ever end? I doubt that is in their playbook, further I doubt that they care.

Data collection has been a key element in security for decades, only now they are using it in conjunction with the office of " HOMELAND SECURITY It's a literal joke if you ask me. Who reads and deciphers the collected data? A computer programmed with a set of protocols, or some pencil necked geek who will make a decision based on his/her ability to " Break it all down This is just one of many examples where Big Brother is over stepping it's intended bounds and you can bet your butt that it ain't ever gonna change.

You can thank the warmongering Bush administration for all of this crap! I doubt Obama will do anything about it since those running the show will always highlight the pros vs the cons of such a program.

What do we call this stuff: Preventative terrorism! :lol:

Code: Select all
N.S.A.’s Intercepts Exceed Limits Set by Congress

WASHINGTON — The National Security Agency intercepted private e-mail messages and phone calls of Americans in recent months on a scale that went beyond the broad legal limits established by Congress last year, government officials said in recent interviews.Several intelligence officials, as well as lawyers briefed about the matter, said the N.S.A. had been engaged in “overcollection” of domestic communications of Americans. They described the practice as significant and systemic, although one official said it was believed to have been unintentional.

L@@KS LIKE THEY ARE SPINNING THE OBAMA ADMIN AS THE PRESSURE BEHIND THE STORY :lol: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~Right

The legal and operational problems surrounding the N.S.A.’s surveillance activities have come under scrutiny from the Obama administration, Congressional intelligence committees and a secret national security court, said the intelligence officials, who spoke only on the condition of anonymity because N.S.A. activities are classified. Classified government briefings have been held in recent weeks in response to a brewing controversy that some officials worry could damage the credibility of legitimate intelligence-gathering efforts.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/16/us/16nsa.html?_r=1

Lots and lots of KICKING THE CAN where all of this classified material is concerned. We'll see how much real light gets shed on this BS.

Cole
Last edited by Cole_Trickle on Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cole_Trickle

Postby Rob72 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:11 pm

It's the never ending dance... One administration opens the door for the next administration. All the fools that were more than happy to see their civil liberties raped, and called everyone who had a problem with it nuts, are now crying about Obama taking advantage of it... I personally think it's beautiful to watch.
Rob72

Postby Nesaie » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:37 pm

Yah think Rob? I was complaining about the last federal administration and now I'm complaining about this one. They're both scary and anti-American!

As far as I'm concerned the "neo-cons" are just commies/fascists. Any who supported them would have supported Stalin. I think this administration is going to be more totalitarian. They're going to try to make all law abiding gun owners federally register their guns. They can go to hell. My state allows me to open carry without registering. Tagging guns, then taking them is what all good totalitarian regimes do before they start slaughtering their own people. But these guys will save it for the republicans to start the slaughter so stupid people will believe Obama was the "good guy".

I want my Republic back. I'd also like to try capitalism too. But, I'll start with a real Representative government first. :)

These traitors all need to be punished to the full extent of the law for treason!
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby Dark-Samus » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:46 am

Right on the spot Nesaie :mrgreen:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Cole_Trickle » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:20 am

Nesaie wrote:Yah think Rob? I was complaining about the last federal administration and now I'm complaining about this one. They're both scary and anti-American!

As far as I'm concerned the "neo-cons" are just commies/fascists. Any who supported them would have supported Stalin. I think this administration is going to be more totalitarian. They're going to try to make all law abiding gun owners federally register their guns. They can go to hell. My state allows me to open carry without registering. Tagging guns, then taking them is what all good totalitarian regimes do before they start slaughtering their own people. But these guys will save it for the republicans to start the slaughter so stupid people will believe Obama was the "good guy".

I want my Republic back. I'd also like to try capitalism too. But, I'll start with a real Representative government first. :)

These traitors all need to be punished to the full extent of the law for treason!

I'm pretty sure that you're overreacting in a most obvious way. I'm not trying to be an ass here, just saying you're taking the "Chicken little approach and based on what I read it's toward most things in general when it comes to certain aspects of your rights, or those you claim to have.

I hate a lot of what is going on but I'm also not interested in breaking any laws. Can I assume that you understood the post in regard to the CIA, or are you just guessing about it's real intent?

Rob is more so on the ball here, and I have to agree " It's simply beautiful to watch" :lol: :lol:

Now if only he'll release the documents currently being used to L@@K into the previous administrations legal, " so called legal activities " involving all things " WAR CRIME "

Anyone seen or heard from Rummy lately ;) :lol:

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby Nesaie » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:14 pm

Cole_Trickle wrote:

I'm pretty sure that you're overreacting in a most obvious way. I'm not trying to be an ass here, just saying you're taking the "Chicken little approach and based on what I read it's toward most things in general when it comes to certain aspects of your rights, or those you claim to have.

I hate a lot of what is going on but I'm also not interested in breaking any laws. Can I assume that you understood the post in regard to the CIA, or are you just guessing about it's real intent?

Maybe it's an overreaction. I think it is more because after reading a few different things, I tend to get heated up and combine them into one or two posts.

As far as "perceived" rights, I just want the ones I was told I had.
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby Jaack » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:38 pm

How patently false is your assumption nesaie, and Robs erudite assertion.

First you folks need to actually read the Constitution and the amendments. Collecting information is specifically allowed in the constitution.
What?
Jaack

Postby Tairaa » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:38 pm

The constitution allows for the government to forcibly read private mail between your citizens?

Sounds like a nice place to live, there bud. ;)

Edit:

Yes, Rob, but in a sad kind of way.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Jaack » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:02 pm

Tairaa wrote:The constitution allows for the government to forcibly read private mail between your citizens?

Sounds like a nice place to live, there bud. ;)

Edit:

Yes, Rob, but in a sad kind of way.

Again your inability to read and comprehend what is written are not surprising to me at all anymore. You are really special.

where did I ever write mail, as in postal mail?
What?
Jaack

Postby Tairaa » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:12 pm

No, email.

And likewise your inability to connect the does doesn't phase me in the slightest. On the one hand you claim to know me well enough to not be surprised at my responce, yet in your responce you clearly demonstrate that in fact you don't understand me as well as you think.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Next

Return to The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts