The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Other Paranormal and Occult

The Wendigo

The paranormal and occult have many sides, discuss all other paranormal/occult topics that don't fit anywhere else.

Postby sandra » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:56 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh my there.
Thats about all I should say on that, or I might
just say too much.

That was one odd vid there as well.
Here ealier I was planning on making a Unicorn thread.
Those looked like horns they had growing, deadly corrosive
looking things.
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby Aquatank » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:10 am

My neice has fallen prey to the Twilight saga, and I've noticed that vampire tales have been increasingly leaving their roots to become some kind of necrophiliac romance genre. Sorry just can't help gagging on it. I'm not immune to it either considering whats happened to european style dragons over the years. I'm glad wendigos are still scary though.
Aquatank

Postby sandra » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Yeah my neices like the series too, and I didn't mind Twilight...but you're right, it started turning into something of romance, kind of twisted lol My sister also gets into the TV series Vampire diaries. I've never watched it.

I've been searching for some information regarding the Blue Jays association with the Winter Medicine Ceremonies of a tribe in North Eastern Washington. As I know the Blue Jay is very much associated as a trickster, and has close ties with the Thunderbird Legends, and Windigo/Mide Society Ceremonies of the Northern Plains Tribes...like the Ojibwe. I cannot even count the stories and myths that Blue Jay is in, and is almost always tied in with death/being a pest/noisey/scavenger/ etc etc- so I want to know more of why blue jay was an important part of these peoples ceremonies.- Not having much luck in looking for this specific info.

There is also a couple other things I'd like to add to this thread about the Windigo at Sun Dance Ceremony. On the last days of the ceremony when the Windigokans come out, people leave red tobacco ties out along with any other kind of offering for the Windigokan people, so that when the Windigokans venture around camp, if they see your offerings they will not steal from you or terrorize any of your belongings, but instead they will take your gifts- If you don't have an offering out for them, they assume anything may be theres, to take or do whatever with. Collapse your teepee/tent/etc etc.

The last time I went to Sun Dance at Turtle Mountain, the Windigokans of that Sun Dance, did not even visit my families camp, yet we witnessed them harrassing the camp down from us. Most likely because they knew my family. The elder of the Windigokan of the ceremony invited my father and I along with my cousin to sweat with him at the end of the ceremony, it was just the four of us. The elder (John) was very old and had not sweat in few years, he had to crawl into the lodge in his depends type thing, the humility without shame was just awesome, thats who he was. A real old school kind. The elder told me in years to come that my father would have alot of help from the Canadian provinces, along with many other things, which have all turned out to be true. My father ended up gifting the elder with his Windigokan regalia that was made beautifully, we kept in touch with the elder and not much time went by and he passed, but he was an amasing person and I was honored to know him.

And I have to share a quick story- I shared a tent with my cousin, the first night we were there she had a dream about an elder woman, that told her she needed to sleep on a specific side of the tent, as my cousin told me the dream, I thought ah whatever. The next night my cousin told me I should sleep on that side with her, and I told her nah all my stuff is right over here, I don't feel like moving it- That morning, (somehow I did not wake in the night) I woke in a puddle of water, every last thing of mine was soaked- my cousin and her things were dry as dry. I couldn't believe it, I laughed like crazy about it....we never forgot that time and her dream of that elder woman. My dad said he couldn't believe either one of us did not wake up- because he even had to add extra stakes to keep our tent down. :lol:
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Previous

Return to Other Paranormal and Occult

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts