The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

The Powers of Real Angels ?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby bionic » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:03 am

Angels amke me think of all the stories you hear of an "Angel" saving someone form death.

I had an experience, but don't know if it was an Angel..didn't feel angelic, more spirit guidish..intuitivish... but it saved me.

A long time ago I was driving on a strip of highway that was coated in i ce and snow. A raccoon ran into the highway right in front of me and I instinctively..STUPIDLY..slammed my breaks. I went spinning through the divider into oncoming traffic..highway traffic.
My car was stalled.
A voice in my head told me to start it up..QUICKLY. So I did and drove over to the side of the freeway, as soon as I was at the shoulder..the car stalled again..

The car wouldn't start again after that. (I did three sixties over a medium and a ditch seperating the sides of the freeway..it messed with the car a bit)

I barely avoided a cluster of oncoming cars. (actually, a young couple in one of those cars pulled over to help me (this was before cell phones were wildly popular..like 91/92..I guess)

I LOVE those stories on tv and in books of Anjelic intervention..too cool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6zBjYIyz-0
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby malai5 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:18 am

What are commonly understood as "Angels", or "Guardian Angels" we understand as your Higher Self.

This is the "Self" that is the go between your 3D entity form and your True Self (Soul Self).
The Higher Self is the heard and unheard "voice" of your intuition.
The Higher Self is the part of you that "saves" you when you can't.

CHeers

Malai5
THE FURTHER YOU GO, THE LESS YOU KNOW!
http://www.mam3.com.au
malai5

Postby sheye » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:26 am

Bionic wrote:
The car wouldn't start again after that. (I did three sixties over a medium and a ditch seperating the sides of the freeway..it messed with the car a bit)

thanks for sharing this story....^^^...has to make you wonder...where and how..the angels help..just at the right moment.

`I wish I could see one...or know that I have seen one...(maybe I have,and was unawares of the type of being :?
sheye

Postby qmark » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:01 am

malai5 wrote:What are commonly understood as "Angels", or "Guardian Angels" we understand as your Higher Self.

This is the "Self" that is the go between your 3D entity form and your True Self (Soul Self).
The Higher Self is the heard and unheard "voice" of your intuition.
The Higher Self is the part of you that "saves" you when you can't.

CHeers

Malai5

BULLCRAP!

Back when I was eight years old I used to spend a lot of time at my grandmothers during the summer. Well, this particular summer she decided to sign me up for summer Bible school. Needless to say I wasn't very happy about this. I could think of a million things better to do than spend my summer vacation time sitting in a church. Even if it was only for a half a day.

To make matters worse, my grandmother was on first name basis with the pastor (this was a Methodist church). Unfortunately for me, this meant that the bus, which the church owned and the pastor drove, picked me up first going to school and dropped me off last coming home. This meant to me that I was missing out on additional play time. This is a big deal when you are eight years old and Bible school was three weeks long. Oh the horror of it all. It seemed like an eternity.

Well, my grandmother lived on a pretty busy road, and this one particular day the pastor drove up to the house in the opposite direction. As I got off the bus the pastor was saying something but I wasn't listening because it was a beautiful day and there was a lot of playing to do. As I got off the bus, I ran around the front of the bus as fast as I could run. As I reached the edge of the bus I slammed into a wall. I hit this invisible wall so hard that it hurt, and just as I did so, a car drove by so fast that all I saw was a blur of color. If I had stuck out my tongue, I would have given this car a bath. As I stood there, I looked cautiously for any more cars then continued across the street. Once I reached the curb I proceded to cry my eyes out uncontrollably. I knew, even at age eight, I should be dead. I also knew, at that moment, God was real.

That was not my inner self that I ran into.
qmark

Postby nightwolf » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:04 am

I have a different take on angels then probably most people here! There are some that are spiritual but I believe some beings were misinterpreted in the ancient past as angels since they 'come down from heaven.' People need to look at the Nephilim in Genesis and then go from there. Here's some of the meanings of the Nephilim:

Fallen angels
The Targum Jonathan states that the Nephilim were given this name because they were descended from fallen angels.[11]

The New American Bible commentary draws a parallel to the Epistle of Jude and the statements set forth in Genesis, suggesting that the Epistle refers implicitly to the paternity of Nephilim as heavenly beings who came to earth and had sexual intercourse with women.[12] The footnotes of the Jerusalem Bible suggest that the Biblical author intended the Nephilim to be an "anecdote of a superhuman race".[13] Genesis 6:4 implies that the Nephilim have inhabited the earth in at least two different time periods—in antediluvian times "and afterward." If the Nephilim were supernatural beings themselves, or at least the progeny of supernatural beings, it is possible that the "giants of Canaan" in Book of Numbers 13:33 were the direct descendants of the antediluvian Nephilim, or were fathered by the same supernatural parents.

In Aramaic culture, the term Nephila specifically referred to the constellation of Orion, and thus Nephilim to Orion's semi-divine descendants (cf. Anakim from Anak);[14] the implication being that this also is the origin of the Biblical Nephilim.

Some Christian commentators have argued against this view[15], citing Jesus' statement that angels do not marry.[16] Others believe that Jesus was only referring to angels in heaven.[17]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nephilim

Keep in mind that it states from different cultures that the Nephilim are an “anecdote of a superhuman race,” and then in the Aramaic culture they are described as being from Orion! Most people here should be able to draw the conclusion from that.
nightwolf

Postby nightwolf » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:10 am

Sheye, or anyone else interested in this subject might want to check out the Book of Enoch! This book talk about Enoch and his work that involves heaven, hell, and his description of the angels. One reason I don't trust the current teachings of religion is that the Bible was created to make Jesus look divine and not human. That topic will derail this thread so sorry if it goes off-topic! Here's the link for the Book of Enoch:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/boe/index.htm
nightwolf

Postby sheye » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:26 am

end part of qmark's post:
That was not my inner self that I ran into.

Nope..I'd say NOT....very interesting story qmark..thank you for sharing that...(its mystifying, yet very inspiring ,and makes a person wonder about "higher" realms of protection,and such)

nightwolf wrote:
Sheye, or anyone else interested in this subject might want to check out the Book of Enoch! This book talk about Enoch and his work that involves heaven, hell, and his description of the angels. One reason I don't trust the current teachings of religion is that the Bible was created to make Jesus look divine and not human. That topic will derail this thread so sorry if it goes off-topic! Here's the link for the Book of Enoch:

do not even be concerned for one second about derailing this thread....

all comments are welcome,and that was a very insightful post...with the direction to the where the wisdom was taken from...

I will save the link on Enoch..thank you....very much for the information you choose to share. :D :D
sheye

Postby at1with0 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:36 am

How can it be bullcrap to merely choose a different appellation for the same thing?
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby sheye » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:11 pm

:) at1with0 wrote:
How can it be bullcrap to merely choose a different appellation for the same thing?

are you so sure its the "same" thing... :?

and by appellation you mean???...are you so sure it falls into the catagory of appellation???

I thought qmark's BULLCRAP comment on your views..was pretty spot on meself...(though I do want to stay open minded to your thoughts and viewpoints at1with0)

But obviously, you feel you are talking about the "same thing"...but with different appellations as well ????

I think you are talking about entirely two different things...qmark is stating there is a "reality", that does exist, outside of our own reality, the latter , not being the be all and end all, of truth or reality.
(we did not even create ourselves at1with0...how can we possibly find ALL the answers to truth and reality within ourselves?) Something we did not not even have a hand in engineering ?< (for the most part...besides maintenance)

laterz....thank you for all comments and replies,
just me
sheye

Postby at1with0 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:31 pm

sheye wrote::) at1with0 wrote:

are you so sure its the "same" thing... :?

I drew that from Malai's post. Quote:What are commonly understood as "Angels", or "Guardian Angels" we understand as your Higher Self. End Quote. Malai is making that connection.

and by appellation you mean???...are you so sure it falls into the catagory of appellation???

Name. It appears that Malai and qmark (et al) have different names for the same thing, unless I have misunderstood what Malai meant by "angels we understand as higher self."

I thought qmark's BULLCRAP comment on your views..was pretty spot on meself...(though I do want to stay open minded to your thoughts and viewpoints at1with0)

He was criticizing Malai's post, not mine. I personally have little interest on the label and the baggage that label carries, whether it is 'angel' or 'higher self'. His article on Higher Self in this section that he recently posted spells out "his" view and I can read that entire document replacing HIGHER SELF with ANGEL and it makes the same amount of sense. For examples, angels are go-betweens between the "little self" and the soul ("True self"). You can couch everything in different terms but the resulting perspective is essentially no more different than a different coat of paint on a house: the house is the same regardless of how you color it. The terms are not what the concept depends on.

I think you are talking about entirely two different things...qmark is stating there is a "reality", that does exist, outside of our own reality, the latter , not being the be all and end all, of truth or reality.
(we did not even create ourselves at1with0...how can we possibly find ALL the answers to truth and reality within ourselves?) Something we did not not even have a hand in engineering ?< (for the most part...besides maintenance)

My goal isn't to get ALL the answers. I'm interested in the questions that pertain to my evolution, reality as a whole and my role or lack thereof in it, and whatever it is that I need to know. I don't want to know all the answers. I only want to know what I need to know. This is knowledge that pertains to myself. And the higher self and angels as messengers between me and something "bigger" than my(little)self, provides that automatically.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts