The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

What is God?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby nightwolf » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:15 pm

I'd like to start a debate to find out what people believe God is. There's so many believers and non-believers on the site, that it'd be interesting to find out exactly what people believe. I personally believe God is an energy form that created this universe and I believe that this universe is infinite. And yes there is proof in the Bible:

Numbers 23:19. God is not a man

1 John 1:5. This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Clearly in the bible it says God isn't a man and he is a light based entity. Then we get to one of the more controversial and my personal favorite passages in the Bible:

Matthew 6:22. The light of the body is the eye: if therefore your eye be single, your whole body shall be full of light.

This is what I can't understand about modern religion. Is it not clear for what's being taught by Jesus? I've always viewed Jesus as being more Eastern than Western in his teachings. But yet instead of being a great teacher and person, he has to be viewed as a God. I'd like to get a debate going and find out what people believe what God is, anyone else?
nightwolf

Postby qmark » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:30 pm

nightwolf wrote: I've always viewed Jesus as being more Eastern than Western in his teachings. But yet instead of being a great teacher and person, he has to be viewed as a God. I'd like to get a debate going and find out what people believe what God is, anyone else?

Jesus said Himself that He was God.

John 8:58
Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am."

Jesus knew exactly what He was saying and so did the Jews which is why they wanted to stone Him after He said it.
qmark

Postby qmark » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:39 pm

Also, God is our heavenly Father. A Father isn't a "what".
qmark

Postby Dark-Samus » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:25 am

God is no match for the power of darkness.
And I'm not talking about evil or stupid Satan.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby greeney2 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:46 am

God is no match for the power of darkness.

Qmark, this makes me sorry I said a thing about Born Agains! :lol: Can you ever forgive me? :oops:
greeney2

Postby Halfabo » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:16 am

God is the creator and controls all things. He is the author of our destiny and the final outcome for the entire universe. God is LOVE.
Halfabo

Postby Halfabo » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:17 am

Dark-Samus wrote:God is no match for the power of darkness.

On the contrary, darkness is no match for His light.
Halfabo

Postby Dark-Samus » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:59 am

Over 90% of the universe is dark.
Light has no power whatsoever.
The only known fact about the universe is that it will always be dark.
Light is only temporary.

But of course, God for most of you means everything. :roll:
Dark-Samus

Postby Dark-Samus » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:06 am

Qmark, this makes me sorry I said a thing about Born Agains! Can you ever forgive me?

See, already brought you guys together with this and not with the help of your God or any other God. :lol: :roll:
Dark-Samus

Postby greeney2 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:12 am

Dark, you don;t understand God is why we are united, and you only see darkness becasue you turn away from the light. Light is life, and one only has to watch every simple flower in the morning open and turn to the light. Every single flower does it everyday, and they don;t even have a brain like you do, to know its life to them. You do the same thing in the morning. Light is infinate and shines through the darkness by the way, hence the term light years. Do you gaze at the stars, or do you gaze at the darks? The Stars and the light are what makes wonder.

I asked Q to forgive me because as misguided as I think the born agains I talked about were, they are on the right track.

Bottom line is you may pay attention to how many jump "on board your ideas, and how many try to help you see the light. I mean that in the most serious way, come out and enjoy life a little, its short.
greeney2

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts