The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

What is God?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby qmark » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:43 pm

nightwolf wrote:
qmark wrote:It clearly says both. Jesus said He was God and He is clearly the Son of God. How can that be possible nightwolf?


Well, I don't see how someone could be the father of themselves, I'm confused on that one.


Are you not familiar with the trinity?
qmark
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby sheye » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:43 pm

Are you not familiar with the trinity?


I'm glad you mentioned that qmark

How I was taught about the trinity,was to imagine God as an egg.

Look at the EGG..it is an EGG,simply....

but it made up of 3 parts..the shell..the white...and the yolk.

I know it might not fit in here well, but I found it helped me understand the concept of the Holy Trinity.

Just a thought,
sheye
 
Posts: 1676
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:23 am

Postby greeney2 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:37 am

At least you got the dark humor Greeney!


I just saw where you were going, I didn;t find it humorous, it reminded me of the debate we had over the picture of Mary and Joseph in Bed, where I said to some it was Blasfamous and to others it was humor and a joke. The Muslims found nothing humorous about the Cartoon from the Neitherlands, and the Muslims burned down 22 Christian Churches in a riot spurred by a new comentary that said "certain beauty pagent girls would even please Mohammad", and it resulted in riots, deaths, and burning churches. I'm glad you left the thoughts unsaid.
greeney2
 
Posts: 9532
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby greeney2 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:47 am

I'll fight this one ,to the grave ,with you greeney, and even after I'm in my grave,I know I'll be able to prove you wrong some day...

sadly I wish I could say you were right...I want you to be right...

but I know you are not....history will reveal itself at some point...all the deep "hidden" sin within the catholic church..from the past...up to the last moment of "time".....


Your feelings and opinions, or you dislike for the Catholic Church, doesn't mean a thing. Come up with some actual statistics which should be a matter of public record. How many Priests have been convicted of pedifile crimes so far to date worldwide?

No opinions--no ranting and raving--find me acutal convictions, and tell us the total number of priests who have been prosocuted and convicted.

Do some research for once and come up with an actual number.
greeney2
 
Posts: 9532
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby Dark-Samus » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:17 am

Dark, you don;t understand God is why we are united, and you only see darkness becasue you turn away from the light. Light is life, and one only has to watch every simple flower in the morning open and turn to the light. Every single flower does it everyday, and they don;t even have a brain like you do, to know its life to them. You do the same thing in the morning. Light is infinate and shines through the darkness by the way, hence the term light years. Do you gaze at the stars, or do you gaze at the darks? The Stars and the light are what makes wonder.

I asked Q to forgive me because as misguided as I think the born agains I talked about were, they are on the right track.

Bottom line is you may pay attention to how many jump "on board your ideas, and how many try to help you see the light. I mean that in the most serious way, come out and enjoy life a little, its short.


First of all if humans were united like you say, I would never even have thought the way I do today.
Second I look at both sides.
Darkness is the majority of the universe.
Darkness does not mean evil or blindness.
If you look beyond the darkness, the real truth is behind it and it is not light.
Light IS temporary and so is God.
Or have you not learned anything about history of humans and the universe at all?

The reason to why I do not see the light is because I have taken one step further.
Otherwise I would be stuck in the same stupid reason most people have today.
And you mentioned flowers, yes I might do the same thing they do, but like me they do not move to destroy other flowers so that they can rule nature alone.
They sit quietly in their own little corner enjoying their short lives.
Which I will do the minute...Something...
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
User avatar
Dark-Samus
 
Posts: 2584
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby Dark-Samus » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:18 am

You are such a contrary.


How?
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
User avatar
Dark-Samus
 
Posts: 2584
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby nightwolf » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:22 am

qmark wrote:
nightwolf wrote:
qmark wrote:It clearly says both. Jesus said He was God and He is clearly the Son of God. How can that be possible nightwolf?


Well, I don't see how someone could be the father of themselves, I'm confused on that one.


Are you not familiar with the trinity?


Yes, the father, son and holy spirit. But out of curiosity are you Catholic, Qmark? I was raised as a Lutheran, but view religion differently.
nightwolf
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:09 am

Postby qmark » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:05 am

nightwolf wrote:Yes, the father, son and holy spirit. But out of curiosity are you Catholic, Qmark? I was raised as a Lutheran, but view religion differently.



No, I'm not. However, I did go to a service once at a Lutheran church and my oldest son was married in one.
qmark
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby sheye » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:57 am

Your feelings and opinions, or you dislike for the Catholic Church, doesn't mean a thing. Come up with some actual statistics which should be a matter of public record. How many Priests have been convicted of pedifile crimes so far to date worldwide?



and my question and statement to you greeney is this.

How many have not been convicted??, but the heavenly father knows..

HE knows ALL of them...
sheye
 
Posts: 1676
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:23 am

Postby greeney2 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:28 am

Meaning no offence sheye, but last night I found a credible link is less than 5 minutes. You must be the lazyist poster on this board, who comes up with wild ideas with no basis but your blabbing, when you could produce facts, in a few minutes.

I found links that give numbers and results, and the amount of cases vs actual convictions, and actual numbers of jail sentences. It gave the actual number of cases not pursued due to the deaths of the priests, guess what, they were probably half the civil suits. You may be surprized to hear that within those statistics were other statistics and they showed the Catholic Priests were in no way higher, in sexual abuse cases than other religious demominations. They were about the same.

Considering the fact there are approx 400,000 priests worldwide, the number of cases is not that widespread as you think. It gets a lot of news, becasue people want to hear this kind of news, but it is in fact a very small percentage of total priests. When have you herd about pedifile pasters in other religions, or pedifile rabbi's? Statistics show this happens in all religions.

Look it up and learn something for a change. This is just another one you are sure and convinced about like Canadian Soldiers and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Your Author that I found fraud links about!!!
greeney2
 
Posts: 9532
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

cron
  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 292 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:19 pm
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest