The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

What is God?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby nightwolf » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:21 pm

Qmark, I thought Jesus was the son of God, preaching God's word to the world? That's what he's saying in the passages that lead up to John 5: 58. It clearly says in the Bible and in the book of John, that Jesus is not God.
nightwolf

Postby qmark » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:15 pm

nightwolf wrote:Qmark, I thought Jesus was the son of God, preaching God's word to the world? That's what he's saying in the passages that lead up to John 5: 58. It clearly says in the Bible and in the book of John, that Jesus is not God.

It clearly says both. Jesus said He was God and He is clearly the Son of God. How can that be possible nightwolf?
qmark

Postby qmark » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:22 pm

greeney2 wrote:
God is no match for the power of darkness.
And I'm not talking about evil or stupid Satan.

Qmark, this makes me sorry I said a thing about Born Agains! :lol: Can you ever forgive me? :oops:

No apology needed greeney. I realize there are a few things we will always disagree on but that doesn't mean we can't be friends.
qmark

Postby qmark » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:30 pm

greeney2 wrote:I asked Q to forgive me because as misguided as I think the born agains I talked about were, they are on the right track.

greeney,

I just wish you wouldn't lump all "born agains" into the same box. Just as we shouldn't lump all priests into the same child molesting box. Are there bad ones of each? Absolutely.
qmark

Postby sandra » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:46 pm

Dark-Samus wrote:Over 90% of the universe is dark.
Light has no power whatsoever.
The only known fact about the universe is that it will always be dark.
Light is only temporary.

But of course, God for most of you means everything. :roll:

You are such a contrary. :lol:
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby nightwolf » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:23 pm

qmark wrote:
nightwolf wrote:Qmark, I thought Jesus was the son of God, preaching God's word to the world? That's what he's saying in the passages that lead up to John 5: 58. It clearly says in the Bible and in the book of John, that Jesus is not God.

It clearly says both. Jesus said He was God and He is clearly the Son of God. How can that be possible nightwolf?

Well, I don't see how someone could be the father of themselves, I'm confused on that one. I could start a pretty sick and twisted joke, but too many people would find it offensive. Am I going to have to turn this thread into a Dan Brown discussion?
nightwolf

Postby greeney2 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:00 pm

You are right Qmark becasue I;ve argued that same thing over the Pedifile Priest stories, grouping all them to represent all Catholic priests. They are a very very small few, and Its my beleif the long lines of lawsuits are mostly fabicated. Of course thats a serious criminal matter, and even those born agains I talked about, were not in any remote comparison to that.

Point is taken about grouping them all togather, and you are right, we are always friends.
greeney2

Postby greeney2 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:11 pm

I'm confused on that one. I could start a pretty sick and twisted joke, but too many people would find it offensive.

Only imagining, it would definatly be blasfamous as well as sacreligious, which would be offensive for sure. As you know some religions have issued death warrents and killed people for far less of a comment.
greeney2

Postby sheye » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:49 pm

You are right Qmark because I;ve argued that same thing over the Pedifile Priest stories, grouping all them to represent all Catholic priests. They are a very very small few, and Its my beleif the long lines of lawsuits are mostly fabricated. Of course thats a serious criminal matter, and even those born agains I talked about, were not in any remote comparison to that.

I think we should wait on the "final" jury, to decide how big ,the number is, of a very very small few.....and I think your belief, of long lines of lawsuits that have been fabricated, is actually much ,much shorter, than the lines, of the victims of sexual abuse,and other horrid abuse as well, that will never get their day in an "earthly" court.

I'll fight this one ,to the grave ,with you greeney, and even after I'm in my grave,I know I'll be able to prove you wrong some day...

sadly I wish I could say you were right...I want you to be right...

but I know you are not....history will reveal itself at some point...all the deep "hidden" sin within the catholic church..from the past...up to the last moment of "time".....

there also have been great miracles within the church...but I doubt that the mother of Jesus would tell the faithful catholics (in an apparition)
to pray very very much for the priests and nuns...

"for many are on the road to hell...pray ..pray..pray..for their conversion"

If the virgin Mary can see it..why can't you greeney?

but then of course you will ask to verify the apparition..which is a lil tough to do...but its in a book..I believe this apparition might have been to a priest?...She has had many appearances in the last 3 decades..?

Holograms?? perhaps..?..but it is a world wide phenomenon
as to the extent of Marion apparitions in the past 3 decades.
sheye

Postby nightwolf » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:07 pm

greeney2 wrote:
I'm confused on that one. I could start a pretty sick and twisted joke, but too many people would find it offensive.

Only imagining, it would definatly be blasfamous as well as sacreligious, which would be offensive for sure. As you know some religions have issued death warrents and killed people for far less of a comment.

At least you got the dark humor Greeney!

But back to the subject matter, it is fun to find out what people do believe. For myself, there's no doubt that God exists in this world. I've said it many times over and will always believe in him, even if it's a love/hate relationship at times. Even though I believe the Church has misinterpreted Jesus's message for their own purpose. But, I will give them credit, at least the Catholic Church has come out and said that ET life won't affect faith in God nor should it, it should only enhance it.
nightwolf

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts