The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Many Crowns

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby sandra » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:01 pm

Revelations:

19:12 His eyes are a flame of fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has names written and a name written which no one knows but he himself.

Are there any other references to this?

Of many crowns? I'm looking to see, and any help would be appreciated.
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby qmark » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:45 pm

The New Testament mentions a crown of righteousness, a crown of glory, and a crown of life. A crown generally represents power, authority, and royalty. In my opinion, these crowns represent all these things.
qmark

Postby sheye » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:17 pm

The New Testament mentions a crown of righteousness, a crown of glory, and a crown of life. A crown generally represents power, authority, and royalty. In my opinion, these crowns represent all these things.

Like the "crown of thorns " represents them all,in some strange mystical way to me.. :? ..not sure I even understand that myself. :? ..but it does seem a befitting crown to throw in the basket, as a "worthy" crown.

Just a little thought I thought I'd throw in :|
sheye

Postby sandra » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:59 pm

qmark wrote:The New Testament mentions a crown of righteousness, a crown of glory, and a crown of life. A crown generally represents power, authority, and royalty. In my opinion, these crowns represent all these things.

Thank you qmark, yes I know those are few that are mentioned, however I'm still looking for the scripture of it.

I'm also looking through the scripture that
speaks of christ being the head of all men.
If you come accross any of that please add something.
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby qmark » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:12 pm

sandra wrote:
qmark wrote:The New Testament mentions a crown of righteousness, a crown of glory, and a crown of life. A crown generally represents power, authority, and royalty. In my opinion, these crowns represent all these things.

Thank you qmark, yes I know those are few that are mentioned, however I'm still looking for the scripture of it.

I'm also looking through the scripture that
speaks of christ being the head of all men.
If you come accross any of that please add something.

I Cor 11:3
But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ.
qmark

Postby sandra » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:18 pm

*Isn't it interesting that the crown of thorns was made of a jujube fruit tree.

Ephesians 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, …

17 "Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
18 "A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.
19 "Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
20 "Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
Matthew 7:17-20

John 15, verses 1-3:
"I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.
2 "Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
3 "You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you."

Jujube tree....just some more thoughts on this subject.

sheye, to throw in the basket- :lol: like how you explained that.
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby sandra » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:59 pm

sheye wrote:Like the "crown of thorns " represents them all,in some strange mystical way to me.. :? ..not sure I even understand that myself. :? ..but it does seem a befitting crown to throw in the basket, as a "worthy" crown.

Just a little thought I thought I'd throw in :|

I'd say thats more then a little thought, and thats one of the reasons why I created this thread, its another thing you will not hear the church speak of.

Still though- because of how I understand the crown of thorns, being a crown of creation and all fruition of love, when you said :

but it does seem a befitting crown to throw in the basket, as a "worthy" crown.

Not sure I have laughed that hard in a long time, because what you said made perfect sense to me, and I believe it is one of the crowns.....'in the basket'.
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby sheye » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:50 pm

I sometimes explain things in an irreverent way to some..but as soon as I saw the mention of the crowns in heaven in revelations, my mind went immediately to the "crown of thorns".

I did not mean to put it such a way as to say "toss in the basket",but to me that crown held all the power in the world..all the grace..and glory ..thats it was worn for.

that would be the crown I would want...it would be a sacred object today..much like the "shroud of turin",,or the "Holy Grail."

(thanks for understanding me sandra...and if I made you smile..I'm happy for that) :)
sheye

Postby sandra » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:47 pm

Crowns for believers

12James
aBlessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has 1been approved, he will receive bthe crownof life which the Lord chas promised to those who dlove Him.

Revelations 2-10
`Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to cast some of you into prison, so that you will be atested, and you will have tribulation bfor ten days. 1Be cfaithful until death, and I will give you dthe crown of life.

Peter 1-4
1Therefore, I exhort the elders among you, as your bfellow elder and cwitness of the sufferings of Christ, and a dpartaker also of the glory that is to be revealed,

4And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the unfading 1 crownof glory.

Now I would like to find just any crown rerences would be good in this thread, it would be nice to see their relations and purposes. Sometimes I get tired flipping through things when I know where a verse is -I end up reading everything and anything inbetween.
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby sheye » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:47 am

Sometimes I get tired flipping through things when I know where a verse is -I end up reading everything and anything inbetween.

:lol: :lol: you sound so much like me sandra..I wish i could stamp the chapter ,and vrses of everything from the bible into my head...some have that great gift

using the storage files of their brains,to automatically remember whwere q uote is from the bible.

I've heard of people that you can just refer to any number of verses in their "numerical reference",and they can pull that verse out of their head,and tell you what it is...(maybe its focus ,and perserverence.).(sighs)

I sure wish i had that kind of memory,and I totally get distracted by other "interesting" info when I do start trying to reseach something,so I understand the point you make in the above quote very well.

But you still manage to learn through it,as well as make available what you felt you have read,and understood it to be.

I presonally enjoy what you bring to the table in "spirituality " sandra...and though I might most definately disagree with you on some points you make....I love that you are willing to share..and accept others for where they are at.

sorry to mess up this thread,if content is off topic, but just wanted to say that....

Sandra..I would love to know if you know of any teachings or native legends on the "talking stick" I mentioned in another thread as well

I feel you would be the one here with that kind of knowledge,considering it is an old "native" custom,that worked very well for "council" meetings,and such.

Top of the rest of the day to ya all :D :D
sheye

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts