The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

The Why Behind the "Why"

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby Halfabo » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:50 pm

qmark wrote:Halfabo, I agree with that completely. Would you agree that, as a whole, the church (Catholic & Protestant) has some issues?

Absolutely. We are living in the end times, and the apostate church is growing by leaps and bounds. Just as was prophesied a big part of the church is falling away from the truth and is following the desires of the flesh.
Halfabo

Postby qmark » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:59 pm

greeney2 wrote:When I said "born again bullshit" I was not referring to disbelieving any scripture, I was referring to the way overzelous new born agains behave, act like a bunch of blinded nutcases, who just discoved an Amyway meeting. They carry it off to a degree of being so judgmental to a point of being ludicras about it, not to mention condesending and insulting to other religions.

Going off the deep end of not understanding why a Catholic calls a priest "Father", is a good example, twisting that around the only Father being the one in Heaven. Just like they twisted a legitimate use of Hypnosis, and Hypnothearapy, being something equaliant to the occult was just outrageaous. More outraqgeous was attacking someone in public and not having the decency to listen to what they had to say. Some go so far as to consider any Icon depicting God, as worshiping false idols. Like the Principle who somehow was threatened by a necklace made from a quartz crystal, my wife was not worshiping a Crystal. Why would you think a rock could replace God, anbd be threatened by it at all. All they do, and say, is to use only their own belief as the yardstick for everyone else. If you differ at all, you are a threat. They are as misguided as any radical muslim clerics in their own narrowminded ways.

I also worked with someone who all of a sudden discovered God and was "saved", and all he could do was badmouth Catholics. Ranting about the Pope and ranting about Catholic theology, he ranted about astrologers, and false prophets, and the occult, never once thinking Catholics are Baptised at birth and Confirmed at adolesent age, but they still need to be saved. Another coworker thought the haunted house at Disneyland was the occult, and the parade with Fantasia, was the work of the Devil and the occult. The odasity to judge that a Billion Catholics do not meet their criteria of being saved, is pretty darned insulting to me.

You don't see Catholic Priest badmouthing other religions, but to my perspective all the Born agains do nothing but judge everyone else.

I guess I can assume then that my apology on behalf of Christians who truly are born again and led by the Holy Spirit was rejected. I guess we're all the same, right?
qmark

Postby qmark » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:09 pm

Halfabo wrote:
qmark wrote:Halfabo, I agree with that completely. Would you agree that, as a whole, the church (Catholic & Protestant) has some issues?

Absolutely. We are living in the end times, and the apostate church is growing by leaps and bounds. Just as was prophesied a big part of the church is falling away from the truth and is following the desires of the flesh.

Again, I agree with you whole heartedly. In fact, I believe it is later than most people think. The stuff that is out there today being passed off as Christianity has really concerned me lately.
qmark

Postby sheye » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:59 pm

Again, I agree with you whole heartedly. In fact, I believe it is later than most people think. The stuff that is out there today being passed off as Christianity has really concerned me lately.

Having just been brought back into the arms of faith,after a long hard battle,with despair,bitternes at the world,and myself (the last 9 years have not been easy ones ),but finding grace,and love, in a pit of despair,can be a healing process.

I thankyou for all those who do sincerely pray to Jesus,and trust that His Holy Spirit is powerful in its gentleness,as well as strength.

There have always been very deceiving, manipulative, powers that be that wish to take away the power of Jesus over the human soul.....before the first testament was even written.

I was once told,that the reason Lucifer ,and the others that followed him ,were cast out of heaven,was the following.

Lucifer would not bow down to God in the form of JESUS...and thought that because they were angels,they were superior to what they considered a "human" form of God...Jesus being one of the 3 figureheads in God ..the father..God..the son...God..the holy spirit.

Since that day..the WAR has been on so to speak....for both the destruction of mankind,and the salvation of mankind.

Ok..Imma gonna shuddup now.....But I would say..there are definate clear lines being drawn,and prayer is important,sincere prayer.

Lucifer is the prince of thieves, the great deceiver.
Does that mean a christian should fear him?
No..Jesus Has the power to fight evil with the love and grace he extends to us everyday....no matter how far down you are in the"pits" of a sinful life.

I apoligize if I sound too Christian, but quite frankly feel I shouldn't have to apologize for it at all...just grateful that I know which "crown" paid the price for me.

and tired of having to apologize for that belief, in the outside world.
sheye

Postby sandra » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:12 am

Halfabo wrote:I agree with you Greeney. Unfortunately the "born again" movement has given true Christians a bad name. The born again movement that began in the 70s isn't much different than the new age movement, both require the same type of mentality. If any of these people were actually born again, that is born of the Spirit of God, they wouldn't act the way they do. To them the born again is just a label that sets them apart from other Christians, or somehow makes them better than others. They proudly display their prejudices and assumed superiority over others, while totally ignoring the teachings of Christ.

While there are Christians who are actually born again, you won't find them acting like those you describe. And most of the time they won't be using the label either. They might tell you they are born again if the subject comes up, but they don't wear it as a badge of identification.

Amen to that. Nice to see you around Halfabo
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby greeney2 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:19 am

Thanks Halfabo and Sandra, I'm glad I;m not alone in my thinking, and what we have experieced. I don't follow or agree with very much new age stuff at all, but what I object to is when the "born again" mentality, decides all new age stuff is satanistic and they brand them such. Crystals are evil--well I hate to tell you but people collect rocks, gems, and fossils, and make jewerly out of precious and semiprecious stones. The entire world does it, but when someone in a new age shop sells jewelry, its somthing sinister and its worshiping rocks and crystals. That is some perception that is totally false. Nobody ever thought birthstones were an evil thing, nobody ever branded wedding anniversary traditional things, many of which are stones! God forbid if you were to meditate, or like my wife, practiced clinical Hypnosis, that opens the mind for Satan to enter, if you listen to a born agains. These things are fotune telling and dealing with the occult. I'd like to know how helping old people with terminal Cancer deal with pain using self hypnosis is the work of the Devil. I might also add it was totally volunteer work, for no money. Lets not leave out any talk about pyramids something new age people talk about having certain powers--born agains say thatgs all evil too. Nobody ever branded the the Egyptians and the Great Pyramids in the thousands of years studying them. Alone comes a new age store that talks about them and its the occult.

I'm not saying you are anything like these people I talked about Q, I don;t think you are, however when you just said "New Age Crap", than refused to change your opinion, maybe you do think along those lines too. Like any religion you have moderates and you have orthodox and fundmentalists that are rigid and one sided. I guess in a word intolerant of anyone. Not saying thats you Q, but the born agains you offer to appologize for are.

Sheye, I was responding to Qmark about the behavior of born agains, this was not about your problems with the Catholic Church. That is a different subject in which you have several ongoing discussions about.
greeney2

Postby sheye » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:20 am

Sheye, I was responding to Qmark about the behavior of born agains, this was not about your problems with the Catholic Church. That is a different subject in which you have several ongoing discussions about.

Okie Dokie greeney, point taken.

so there is a thread that discusses the behavior of catholics as well as the born again??... ;) :? :lol: whew!!!!

happy to see equal opportunity for total dissection of every religious organization....
sheye

Postby qmark » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:37 am

greeney2 wrote:I'm not saying you are anything like these people I talked about Q, I don;t think you are, however when you just said "New Age Crap", than refused to change your opinion, maybe you do think along those lines too. Like any religion you have moderates and you have orthodox and fundmentalists that are rigid and one sided. I guess in a word intolerant of anyone. Not saying thats you Q, but the born agains you offer to appologize for are.

greeney,

The point I was trying to make was these people that were claiming to be "born again" may very well not have been "born again" at all. And if they were, they certainly weren't allowing themselves to be led by the Spirit, in my opinion. In light of that, I was saying don't judge the whole basket because of a few bad apples. Judge the apples individually to see if the apples are good or not.

As for my refusal to budge on "New Age Crap", in light of the Gospel, it is crap. That is not to say some people don't reap some benefits in the here and now, but in light of eternity, it is crap. Here is something else that is crap that I won't apologize for, the "prosperity gospel", which is running rampant among many protestant/Charismatic churches. That is crap as well and for the same reasons. I will not compromise on the true message of the Gospel, at least I certainly try not to, and I don't think I should, do you?
qmark

Postby greeney2 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:07 pm

In light of that, I was saying don't judge the whole basket because of a few bad apples. Judge the apples individually to see if the apples are good or not.

You should practice what you preach than Q, becasue malai5 is one apple too and you dismissed what he said with 3 judgmental words, "new age crap". I thought that was very unfair.

I had to look up what prosperity gospel was, and I agree with you on that.
greeney2

Postby qmark » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:44 pm

greeney2 wrote:
In light of that, I was saying don't judge the whole basket because of a few bad apples. Judge the apples individually to see if the apples are good or not.

You should practice what you preach than Q, becasue malai5 is one apple too and you dismissed what he said with 3 judgmental words, "new age crap". I thought that was very unfair.

I had to look up what prosperity gospel was, and I agree with you on that.

I am not judging him. If he wants to follow new age, more power to him. I was commenting on new age philosphy itself.

You didn't answer my question. Should one compromise the Gospel?
qmark

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts