The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Chief CornerStone

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby sandra » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:40 pm

Oh for petes sakes, you know how I luv that phrase. :mrgreen:

Okay I have made this thread because I am trying to compile all bible verses concerning Jesus as the chief corner stone. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone takes any time to help me and add a verse. Discussion of this is also open of course, but I would really like to get all the verses of jesus as chief corner stone compiled, or any other verse referencing jesus as the stone, or rock.

"[1Pet 2:4] To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
[1Pet 2:5] Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable
to God by Jesus Christ.
[1Pet 2:6] Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he
that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
[1Pet 2:7] Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders
disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
[1Pet 2:8] And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient:
whereunto also they were appointed."

Please add something if you can find the time to.
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby qmark » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:37 pm

Psalms 62:2
He only is my rock and my salvation, My stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken.

Psalms 19:14
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer.

Yes these are Old Testament verses however, according to the New Testament, Jesus is our Redeemer and the source of our salvation.

And:

I Cor 10:4
and all drank the same spiritual drink, for they were drinking from a spiritual rock which followed them; and the rock was Christ.

Although this is referencing the wilderness experience in the Old Testament, there is no doubt that Jesus is the rock.

This raises an interesting question for the Catholic Church. Anyway, is that what you were looking for?
qmark

Postby sandra » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:16 pm

[Job 38:6.12] Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
[Pss 118:22.2] The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.

[Pss 144:12] That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth; that our daughters may be as corner stones, polished
after the similitude of a palace:

[Isa 28:16.16] Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious
corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.

[Mat 21:42.26] Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is
become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

qmark, I thank you very much for helping me, if you can find more, please add them.
Didn't you say, Old testament or New, they are part of a whole.

There are reasons they call him chief cornerstone, reasons we don't hear talk of.
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby qmark » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:28 pm

sandra wrote:qmark, I thank you very much for helping me, if you can find more, please add them.
Didn't you say, Old testament or New, they are part of a whole.

Yes I did. The Old points to the New, the New references the Old.
qmark

Postby sandra » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:33 am

2:7 Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. But to those who do
not believe, "The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone,"

15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into
him who is the Head, that is, Christ.

14 May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through
which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

14 For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died
for all, and therefore all died.

These are from the NIV

I added that last two because they reflect a part of the understanding in Jesus being the chief cornerstone, in a way I understand.

MAL 3:3 He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; he will purify
the Levites and refine them like gold and silver. Then the LORD will have
men who will bring offerings in righteousness,

^ had to add this as well.
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby sandra » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:53 pm

qmark wrote:This raises an interesting question for the Catholic Church.

Yes I know this is something the church doesn't speak of, had you heard that part of scripture before? I'm still looking for more quotes.
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby sandra » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:19 pm

Ephesians 2:19-22:
So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow-citizens with the saints, and are of God's household, having been built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone in whom the whole building being fitted together is growing into a holy temple in the Lord; in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

Acts 4:7-12:
And when they had placed them in the center, they began to inquire, "By what power, or in what name, have you done this?" Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, "Rulers and elders of the people, if we are on trial today for a benefit done to a sick man, as to how this man has been made well, let it be known to all of you, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead - by this name this man stands here before you in good health. "He is the stone which was rejected by you, the builders, but which became the very corner stone. "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men, by which we must be saved.

Still looking for more cornerstone quotes or references of Jesus as rock.
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby orangetom1999 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:08 am

Hmmmmmm????

Very very interesting Sandra,

Why this line of thought?? Do you know why this constant reference to the Lord in His many names as a cornerstone?? Why this pattern..why this discription of Him as "The Cornerstone??"

You might find a post of interest on the thread..Science and God. I posted it just before coming here to read your OP. You have caused me to add to my post on Science and God.
I thank you for this.

Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby sandra » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:54 pm

Oh thanks orange, I like thinking about these things.

"Pope John XXII issued a bull against alchemical counterfeiting, and the Cistercians banned the practice amongst their members. In 1403, Henry IV of England banned the practice of Alchemy. In the late 14th century, Piers the Ploughman and Chaucer both painted unflattering pictures of Alchemists as thieves and liars."

Thats a quote from the main definition of alchemy alone in wiki. People since the beginning of time have feared alchemy, some have gone as far as write things and books in secret coding in fear wrong people should know them. There is really no need for that.

Modern science has been successful in transmutation of certain elements, but Jesus will always be the master Alchemist, Scientist, or anything else for that matter. The bible is very much a book of transformation, of transmutation through Christ.

From wiki-

"(transitive) To change, transform or convert one thing to another, or from one state or form to another.
The alchemists tried to transmute base metals to gold.

Why do we not know much about Jesus being the cornerstone? We began to believe that alchemy was occult practices, and some teachings in the bible became controversial, however some of us know that nothing will ever be found in science that is not first revealed to them through God. Jesus is the corner ^ and all else falls in place after. Just like he is the head of the body.

In other words Gods will is the ^ point which can only be reached through unconditional love. All else falls at the way sides. It is faultless. Anything that meets at the corner, anything is possible, because it is becomes Gods will through unconditional love.

Science will always fall short....it is based on knowledge for self. Nothing is more simple to understand about that. Scientists will never find the laws of God when they are light years of love away.....and no matter what they say- thats always what they are looking for. :mrgreen: Ultimate control that they will never have.

I read your post on scientists and God and you had some great thoughts, I think along similar lines....

There is really alot to be said on this topic of Christ being the corner stone. I'll be adding more, just I realise most people don't like thinking of these things.
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby sandra » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:57 pm

"[1Pet 2:4] To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
[1Pet 2:5] Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable
to God by Jesus Christ.
[1Pet 2:6] Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he
that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
[1Pet 2:7] Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders
disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,

MAL 3:3 He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; he will purify
the Levites and refine them like gold and silver. Then the LORD will have
men who will bring offerings in righteousness,

What are these spiritual sacrafices? They are our own work as a refiner. And in scripture here it states in through our belief in him we shall not be confounded......Through love we can raise vibrational frequencies, we can maintain them, and we can literally physically and spiritually transform and manifest things. I will as time goes add to this thread.

The Roman Catholic Church teaches that the sacrament and blood and wine become the body of Christ through transbustantiation, however that is a physical representation of something more. People whom do not see this, find the eucharist to be a confusing practice. It has alot more to do with the spiritual food of Christ and the Holy Spirit.

The Agape feast or Love feast was a religious meal that seems to have been in use among early Christians and to have been closely related to the Eucharist.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agape_feast

I'll take my time on this thread, anyone can add anything at anytime of course.
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts