The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Space Discussions and Theories

Russian Satellite Hits Mexico

From Mercury to Pluto and beyond. . .

Postby sandra » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:43 pm

Russian Satellite Hits Mexico

"A fireball that smashed into Central Mexico this week, first thought to have been a meteorite, was actually a falling Russian space satellite.

People across Mexico reported seeing a large fireball in the late afternoon sky over Mexico and hearing a massive boom or explosion.

A Mexican official says the government now believes the falling space object as a Russian satellite falling from orbit and into the earths atmosphere: “We think it was the space wreckage of a Russian satellite that was catalogued by the Department of Defense of the United States and which we knew could pass over Mexican territory,” engineer Fernando de la Peno said.

The most likely scenario for the falling space junk over Mexico was from the Cosmos 2421 reconnaissance satellite launched by the Russian Navy in June 2006.

Back in 2006, Cosmos 2421 made news that it could eventually crash and burn into the Earth and posed a danger to humans. Cosmos 2421 had since broken apart into 15 pieces, with a large chunk of Cosmos 2421 likely the cause of the Mexico fireball.

So far authorities have failed to reach any crash site for the apparent Russian satellite crash. However, the possibility for a meteorite was still possible.

Earlier reports in Mexican media said that a large meteorite had crashed between the Ahuazotepec Municipality in Central Mexico between the cities of Puebla and Hidalgo. Some reports via radio also said a crash site had been found, and a bridge collapsed, as well as damage to some houses. This report later proven to be a false report."

http://newsolio.com/russian-satellite-hits-mexico,5255
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby CodeBlack » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:40 pm

The same thing happened back in the early 70's, I think. The US sent the Army out to recover it. The Mexican forces that found the satellite, well, they ended up dead. Lesson learned: if the US Army shows up and says, "that belongs to us" your best course of action is to negotiate. I guess the Mexicans weren't very good negotiators. But at least we got a good ufo story out of it. :roll:

I wonder if this new Russian bird is nuclear powered? Might have a great camera that you could sell on eBay. I don't recommend going anywhere near it though, without a lead suit and some really good gloves.
N2TheBlack
CodeBlack

Postby sandra » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:35 am

"A meteorite has smashed into the ground in Mexico, leaving a 30 meter (100 feet) wide crater, reports said. The meteorite impact was in the Ahuazotepec Municipality in Central Mexico between the cities of Puebla and Hidalgo. The precise impact area of the meteorite was in a relatively unpopulated area and hit around 6.30pm local time, Mexican media said. The Ahuazotepec, Mexico meteorite impact was so massive it broke windows in homes many kilometers from the epicenter and people reported buildings swaying and mass confusion. Other reports said the Mexico meteorite impact partially damaged a road and a bridge. The Mexican military was called in to lock down the area where the apparent space rock slammed into the ground. Initial fears where that the impact was a aircraft crashing to the ground, but that report was later dismissed. The Central Mexico meteorite event was witnessed by countless people in the region of the impact, with people as far away as Mexico City saying they saw the burning object enter the atmosphere.

via Cosmic Event – Middle-America – Mexico – Cosmic Event – ubAlert.

iMAGE: Latitude: 20° 2′51.92″N, Longitude: 98°14′22.25″W

A LOUD explosion and ball of fire that people in central Mexico reported seeing in the sky was actually a Russian satellite plunging back to earth, experts said. “We think it was the space wreckage of a Russian satellite that was catalogued by the Department of Defense of the United States and which we knew could pass over Mexican territory,” engineer Fernando de la Peno said.

Mr De la Peno is also a chief proponent of establishing a Mexican space agency.

Reports of a large meteorite reached Mexican media and police on Wednesday from the Hidalgo and Puebla states.

Many said they felt the ground shake with the blast and some reported seeing a huge crater on the ground blown out by the fiery object.

But nothing was found after a through search of the area yesterday.

Mr De la Pena said the space debris was likely the Cosmos 2421 reconnaissance satellite launched by the Russian Navy in June 2006 that malfunctioned and broke apart into 15 pieces two years later."

http://xenophilius.wordpress.com/2010/02/12/meteorite-leaves-100ft-wide-crater-in-mexico/

I realise this event is more than a month ago, however still fascinating to me, and I wish I could find out some more follow up information. Wasn't aware that the crash resulted in 100ft crater.
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby sandra » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:40 am

CodeBlack wrote:The same thing happened back in the early 70's, I think. The US sent the Army out to recover it. The Mexican forces that found the satellite, well, they ended up dead. Lesson learned: if the US Army shows up and says, "that belongs to us" your best course of action is to negotiate. I guess the Mexicans weren't very good negotiators. But at least we got a good ufo story out of it. :roll:

I wonder if this new Russian bird is nuclear powered? Might have a great camera that you could sell on eBay. I don't recommend going anywhere near it though, without a lead suit and some really good gloves.

hmm thanks CodeBlack, makes me wonder more about what happened in the 70's.

I'm trying to find some follow up information on this, if they went searching through anything?!

A great camera that you could sell on ebay? :lol: ;)
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Return to Space Discussions and Theories

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts