The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

Favorite TV Shows

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby nightwolf » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:26 pm

Besides sports, and movies what does everyone watch on TV? Personally the history channel is what I watch the most with Monsterquest, UFO Hunters and other programs they have. Let's face it TV is a good way to space out after a long day of work! Here's some of my fave shows I like:

Destination Truth
Ghost Hunters - who doesn't watch it?
UFO Hunters - good work John on some episodes!
Monsterquest
Psych
Monk - already miss the show, was my favorite!
Family Guy - greatest show ever made!!!! Stewie and Quagmire are pretty sweet, even though Adam West is hilarious on the show.
Real Time with Bill Maher - yes I'm a damn liberal and proud of it!! :mrgreen:
True Blood
Mad Men

You know you watch TV, don't be afraid to post in here, I'm glad I have DVR so I can watch my shows.
nightwolf

Postby Wing-Zero » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:28 pm

SWAT Kats.

'Nuff said.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Dark-Samus » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:48 am

LOST - My favourite show ever.

Glee - surprinsingly good and funny.

Heroes - a very good show most of the time.

The Big Bang Theory - Funniest show I've seen since Friends.

Flashforward - Disapointing series and it is actually blasphemy to compare it to the superiority that LOST has. I will still watch the remmaining of Season 1 but...this show is really boring most of the time...and some scenes are so unrealistic...
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby rath » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:21 am

Ok ill bite.

X-files

Pretender

La femme nikita

Blackadder

The chasers war on everything

Count Duckula
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VthsQVsXwEg

Bananaman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNknWT-agT0

Super ted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUUGmos_Kg4

- The Angry beavers

- Danger mouse

- Astro boy

- Roger Ramjet

- Transformers

- The Muppet Show

- Family Guy
rath

Postby sheye » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:26 pm

watching / I should say listening to very good documentary on the history of world hockey on TSN at the moment

watched so many different types of shows on television
love the learning channel
as well as the the Food network..
as well as
the decorating shows

so much stuff to pick from on tv
sometimes think a kid can learn more by being sick,,watching television at home
than they could learn at school.

I love ol comedy sitcoms

GET SMART...one if my all time favs
I could talk about that show for awhile...loved the robot heime..he couldn't stop crying..that show was gold, in my eyes, for comedy
BEVERLY HILLBILLIES..my father and I watched it together many times..it was one of his favs all the charachters being exceptionally well written

Only problem was that considering they were from "oil" county..I often wondered why no blacks were in that show

don't think I eever saw a black character in the Beverly hillbillies
but I could have missed it..(if anyone knows which segment a black character was in..let me know..)..sure they must have been around at the time of when that "pretend" scenerio was all created.
Figured I'd see one at the PETTICOAT JUNCTION they all met in at some points..even at the train station...(shrugs) oh well

also loved the segments where earl scruggs and lester flatts played...jed was the coolest dancer in my eyes :lol: :lol:
sheye

Postby sheye » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:40 pm

My all time favorite TV watching scenerios was watching my mom and dad watch hockey together..they were both huge baseball and hockey fans

what was cute to watch was my mom was a DIE HARD canadians fan, MONTREAL was what it was all about
MY da on the other hand was a TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS fan,towards the the last years of his life

they used to take turns watching it in french, and then english , whenever those two teams met to play...it was cute to watch them watching

I'll tell you , if there was any kind of emegency when those two teams were playing,forget getting them on the telephone....it was turned down,or ignored, unless you caught them during a break of some kind..and that wouldn't be a break away.

My mom misses watching sports with my dad so much...I know..she says it isn't the same anymore

eating the peanuts by herself during a ball game...its sad..
she once told me she misses him so much that she even misses the fights they had...guess thats what love does to you
sheye

Postby rath » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:46 am

rath wrote:Ok ill bite.

X-files

Pretender

La femme nikita

Blackadder

The chasers war on everything

Count Duckula
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VthsQVsXwEg

Bananaman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNknWT-agT0

Super ted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUUGmos_Kg4

- The Angry beavers

- Danger mouse

- Astro boy

- Roger Ramjet

- Transformers

- The Muppet Show

- Family Guy

OH .....

& Stargate
rath

Postby sheye » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:37 pm

MISSION IMPOSIBBLE

another old school show from the late 60's,,maybe into early 70's

loved watching the team put together their plan, execute it, and accomplish the mission.

Mission impossible was now mission accomplished..did used to wonder
if they ever questioned ,what these missions were for, but I'm sure they had full trust in their commanding forces, although the tape did self destruct, after initial mission was stated to the lead dude of the team
none the less...great show..back then

I guess this thread was just for listing current shows you like?..not sure..the title could be taken in a few ways....

so I listed some of my favs ,and why, which is always what a good teacher would ask...why?

any one else here old enough to know MISSION IMPOSSIBLE
it was cool..all the characters were experts in their field of knowedge.
liked that part of it.
sheye

Postby nightwolf » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:10 pm

Sheye, if you want to talk about anything TV related go ahead, I was just trying to get some conversation going around here! I could care less if people talk about movies in this thread.
nightwolf

Postby sheye » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:41 pm

Sheye, if you want to talk about anything TV related go ahead, I was just trying to get some conversation going around here! I could care less if people talk about movies in this thread.

(sigh of relief) thank you

I also love W5..20/20...and 60 MINUTES...depending on topics dicussed,
wow..the list could go on
I honestly think If I had to do it all over again(parenting)..I might consider homeschooling,and setting it up to coincide with great educational shows on tv, as well as great computer programs for everything from math to music.

I've worked in class rooms,where it is such Kaos (was a teachers aide at some point..let me tell you not an easy job,depending on the teacher you were aiding as well)

this "wild" children who totally disrupted each other,had no respect for the substiute, would suddenly fall into a trance of quietness,when a really well done video was put in, on some relevent topic subject they were studying
They actually payed attention to the documenters voice,and actully were learning some things (most anyhow ) some went to sleep :lol:
made me realize what a powerful learning tool television really was,and how it could work effectively in teaching,you can teach more to your kid by watching a great "learning" program with them,then many get in a whole days school lesson. wise parents know what I'm talking about here..you even learn with great movies,that have interesting themes as well.Children are always learning,all day
sheye

Next

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts