The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Questions that make you think...

Is it too expensive to die!!!!

In this forum, questions are asked which are really tough to answer. Some philosophical, some regarding morality and many others. Have fun, and post your own personal tough questions!

Postby sheye » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:18 am

I sometimes feel, I need to have so much organized in case of sudden death, or death of desease, or how ever way I face that lovely death word

I don't wish to have my death be a burden upon others financially

and I'm wondering what least expensive way of burial costs might be this dayz

forget the fancy coffin, I know I don't want one..especially if they put me in one to be cremated in..(now that makes a lot of sense?....stupid way to spend money to me)

anyhow..I know I don't want science messing around with any of whats left..no matter how deseased it is...I have that right..I HOPE

was thinking that being fish food at the bottom of a lake might be a better way to give back to the envirement...

I just don't want my family to feel the burden of these decisions...how should I resolve that

I was also thinking of writing my own obituary
because I don't care for all the flowery words some use to express the life
of another who has passed away

I think I might do that

could make it very simple, and to the point..

sometimes death is as complicated as life, but I need to make some choices..so others don't feel burdened in making them

it just fels too expensive to die (sighs), and I know i only have a handful of weird coins, and a pocketfull of mumbo jumbo to pay for it.

greeny..do you want my cracked toonie..I would honestly send it in the mail to you..as soon as possible....just give me a PO box number..and its yours
I'll even send you some american ones I have..they are very cool..I think 8-)

EDIT: i felt the need to edit this post so ,it makes more sense to me
I need to be prepared for death, as best I can be , this I'm seeing clearly
because of BI-POLER condition it is nearly impossible to get life insurance, and sometime feel that insurance I have been able to get, is so full of loopholes...that I'll have wasted my money on yet another silly thing

the insurance companies, I have contributed to already, have made a fair amount on my dollar, that I feel I will not see come back.

(sighs)

I also know proffesionals (teachers and such) who are really not good at their jobs,,should try something else...but yet HANG in there for the benefits of the "package"...how truly sad for the children who deserve more.
How truly sad :cry:
sheye

Postby cotterpin » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:59 pm

Just throwing it there:

Five years ago when my friend's father passed away, I was surprised to learn that he purchased his father's casket off the internet from a wholesaler. I never knew that was available on the net. My friend said it was much less expensive than purchasing from the funeral home.

I've never looked into it myself, but it may be a consideration for those whose family members wish to be interred.
Last edited by cotterpin on Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cotterpin

Postby shadowcass » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:16 pm

Dying is free---it's the post-death rituals that the living engage in that cost money.
shadowcass

Return to Questions that make you think...

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts