The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The Obama Administration & US Politics

Obama report: 95,000 jobs to come each month

As the 2012 election is now over, Barack Obama has won a second term. Many wonder how his policies, his administration, and how the entire political arena, will change our future.

Postby nightwolf » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:23 am

WASHINGTON – The United States is likely to average 95,000 more jobs each month this year, while personal savings will remain high as credit remains tight, according to a White House report released Thursday.

The Council of Economic Advisers also trumpeted the $787 billion economic stimulus package, which it said has saved or created about 2 million jobs.

In a message to Congress, President Barack Obama pointed out that the economy he inherited was losing 700,000 jobs each month.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100211/ap_on_bi_ge/us_obama_economy;_ylt=AkLWTJqB6ADKp3lBKGdfwUqyFz4D;_ylu=X3oDMTJoNmk1MTZnBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwMjExL3VzX29iYW1hX2Vjb25vbXkEY3BvcwMxBHBvcwMyBHNlYwN5bl90b3Bfc3RvcnkEc2xrA29iYW1hcmVwb3J0OQ--

No matter what side of the political spectrum you fall on, let's hope that this is true. After reading the article Eric Cantor is a joke. The GOP's policies didn't work and deserved to be cited as so, but the real mess comes with the free trade agreements and the outsourcing of jobs.
nightwolf

Postby sandra » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:49 am

Considering since 2007 we have lost over 8 million jobs, and the initial best outlook we have is to add 95,000 more jobs a month, with thoughts of unemployment being at best 6% by 2015, sorry, we have serious issues. I'm willing to bet UE rates will not make the incline they suggest.

In an interview of Obama's he stated he really didn't care about the current approval rating because, no, the average american is not doing any better, considering the spending we have seen with the stimulus packages, how in the hell are we not doing any better?
That kind of money being thrown out and all we can say are things like, 'to say it was a complete waste is nonsense' because so many americans were 'allowed' to still keep their jobs...etc etc. not cool. Sorry it doesn't even sound good.
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby nightwolf » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:55 am

sandra wrote:Considering since 2007 we have lost over 8 million jobs, and the initial best outlook we have is to add 95,000 more jobs a month, with thoughts of unemployment being at best 6% by 2015, sorry, we have serious issues. I'm willing to bet UE rates will not make the incline they suggest.

In an interview of Obama's he stated he really didn't care about the current approval rating because, no, the average american is not doing any better, considering the spending we have seen with the stimulus packages, how in the hell are we not doing any better?
That kind of money being thrown out and all we can say are things like, 'to say it was a complete waste is nonsense' because so many americans were 'allowed' to still keep their jobs...etc etc. not cool. Sorry it doesn't even sound good.

No, it's not good but we need to start somewhere. People think the problem will be solved over night and it won't be, that's the bad part. When we had years of where corporations were outsourcing jobs for cheap labor, that's what lead to this mess, especially in the manufacturing sector. The irony is I supported the auto bailout only because it helped saved some manufacturing jobs which would of otherwise been lost. The stimulus should of been handled better and should of gone to small banks to help small businesses of course, but everyone knew it was going to Wall Street, the GOP would of done the same, and they did.

The GOP isn't any better, the only reason people are going back to them is because there really isn't another party in this country. Their chairman said a million bucks isn't a lot of money, how's that for being in touch with what normal Americans are facing right now? For Republicans that criticize the stimulus then have photo ops for local projects is hypocrisy at it's best.

Another thing is to invest in our energy sector, we have to, being from North Dakota I know that's where we need to improve. Hell, North Dakota is #4 in oil production and strong in wind energy along with biofuels. A lot of my friend work at LM Glassfiber which makes the turbines for the wind farms, and that's a foriegn owned company! That's the reason why we need more American companies to invest in alternative energy.

Sandra, I'm not yelling at you and you know that but it just irks me that the other side won't even help. Their solution is "drill baby drill!" I'm pretty sure that you're a Dem as well.
nightwolf

Postby BloodStone » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:31 am

Where are these going to come from ?

If he means Government jobs maybe, but private sector jobs ? no way. He has made sure the private sector sits on the side lines till he is out of power. He has tossed in so many unknows into the system, there is no way companies will hire till all his legislation is brought into the light or killed off.

the companies are just looking at all the taxable legislation coming out of this administration, and saying we will have no money to hire if these go thru.

so where Mr. President are these jobs coming from ?

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby nightwolf » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:14 am

Bloodstone, he more than likely means government jobs. That's where most of the money from the stimulus package went to I believe anyways. If it's new road projects and similar jobs, wouldn't the DOT and other agencies be the ones in charge of the hiring and getting the material for the jobs?

I work as a truck dispatcher and saw this recession coming before it hit. I used to get e-mails from a company called Crackfiller Manufacturing out of Cheyenne, WY, and they sent me countless e-mails for loads shipping out of their factory for road sealant. Now it's very quiet and they hardly send me a thing. Trust me, the stimulus was needed to keep some of these companies alive. Now it's slowly picking back up at least my trucks can get back home from Minneapolis-St. Paul.
nightwolf

Postby BloodStone » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:45 am

so they dig up a road , then lay down fresh pavement , then come back and dig it back up and do it all over again. Like I said Govenrment jobs don't count.

Till the private sector can trust this guy ( which is never ) they won't hire.

Government jobs are only Temporary at best, and all they do is shift money and stats around to play with the unemployement numbers. You'll see more of this when it's time to hire all the census workers. They will claim look at this month we created 1 million jobs, then in a month they will be all gone again. In the mean time everyone will think Obama created 1 million jobs, and they will never tell you it was only for a month.

BloodStone...
BloodStone

Postby nightwolf » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:25 am

A job is a job regardless if you ask me. When companies like Crackfiller Manufacturing can't provide their materials to their customers they lay people off. It's just like if a construction company won the contract to build a road, then they would have to hire people back to work on the project. But when the state, city and local governments can't afford these projects, they need help, that's where the stimulus came into affect. So yes to a point it did create jobs that would of otherwise not been there.
nightwolf

Postby BloodStone » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:46 am

I know what you're saying NW. The problem I'm having with this , is the original stimulus was supposed to keep us under 8.5 % unemployement. Well you see that isn't the case. It only went higher. Now theyr are saying let's throw more money into a blackhole, and say we are creating jobs.

He was even telling people in his cabinet not to call it another stimulus bill, when in fact that's all it really is. It is not a jobs bill. It will not create or "save" :roll: any jobs. Just more money for nothing.

BloodStone...
BloodStone

Postby Nesaie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:35 pm

Wasn't it bush jr. who started with the tarp crap?

The dems just followed the neo-Communists, AKA bush, clinton, gore, etc.

Yeah...remember, our Republic was murdered in 1913!

Which month was our Constitution signed? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't July. ;)

Bloodstone...I'll get you a beer too. :D We have Whiskey and Rum...the Vodka is mine ;) But, I'll give you a beer. :D
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Return to The Obama Administration & US Politics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts