The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

bilingualism

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby chiselray » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:18 pm

Hey people...

Question 1

Tell me,how many languages can you speak ?> because

As well as wanting to keep learning and all that,i may find another language useful one day ...in a restaurant or on holidays ,,you get it,anywhere pretty much..
It will take a while and all that,and i may get sick of it,there is a chance of that..but if i chug along who knows ......

Question 2

I wanna try japanese, i wonder how difficult it is..and i would like to ask what is the best medium to use to learn it..any ideas ? and i ask that looking for a personal opinion..there are books out there but (throws arms in the air) is that the best way..
chiselray

Postby Wing-Zero » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:40 pm

Working on German seriously, I can speak enough Spanish should I ever get dumped in South Central, and I know enough French to get girls giddy.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby chiselray » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:34 am

A matrix download is what i need....

Theres enough backpackers in my town to keep me buisy for a while at the mo :ugeek:
chiselray

Postby Dark-Samus » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:47 am

I speak Spanish, Swedish, English and French, Danish I understand alot though but speaking it is a bit harder.

I learn because I am bored.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby bionic » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:07 am

I mwish schools taught a second language to kids from elementary onward.

The second language depending on whatever is the second most popular language in your country.

In the US it'd be English, then Spanish.

In canada English then French.

I assume.

I speak English and some Spanish. I use to know Spanish poretty well because I spent a few year sin South America in my teens. But I have lost most of that over the years.

I was thinking of doing Rosetta Stone to get it back.

I think learning more than one language is a great thing and my hat is off to you multi lingual folks.

I wish the world would agree on one form of sign language for the whole world. That'd be taught to all kids in school. Even if it was just a rudimentary language.

Like all the NA's did in the early Americas(preAmericas). All the tribes had their own languages, but they had a universal sign languge so that they could all 'talk' to each other when needed, for trading and such.
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby chiselray » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm

I believe the lingual sign for trade with those tribes were a firm stare, a hundred strong by your side and well armed..unless im wrong..

I gotta say you guys are all doin well with all that extra knowledge and communicable awareness,its cool to see..
chiselray

Postby chiselray » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:59 pm

Forget question 2 ...i just bought an ipod compatible cd and phrase book.. looking good my friends..

gochisoo sama deshita
chiselray

Postby bionic » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:25 pm

I gotta say you guys are all doin well with all that extra knowledge and communicable awareness,its cool to see..

I sense sarcasm, here
:lol:
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby sheye » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:07 am

I wanna try japanese, i wonder how difficult it is..and i would like to ask what is the best medium to use to learn it..any ideas ? and i ask that looking for a personal opinion..there are books out there but (throws arms in the air) is that the best way..

Japanes has many dialects I was told,just like chinese

had a friend way back who was taking some of them at university,he said it was very difficult
good luck with your effort by the way wing,thats a tough one to tackle in my opinion

edit:oops I meant chisalry not wing,damn memory,even the spelling is wrong from the Op of the member who's name I can't spell correctly
and I ain't editing again
hows that for good englis :D :lol: :lol:
Last edited by sheye on Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sheye

Postby chiselray » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:02 am

Yeah it aint no walk in the park sheye..just been doin 3 hours of it ...Basic phrases one might use..
Thats if one gets stuck renting a motorbike,telling someone to get out of my way,and saying no..or yes..other words too..

Sign is another one i want to learn bionic...always thought about that...
chiselray

Next

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts