The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Priest checks fingerprints for mass attendance ?????

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby Medusa » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:43 pm

OMG whatever next..................

This is going a little too far don't you think so ??????

Priest checks fingerprints for mass attendance

WARSAW (Reuters) – A Polish priest has installed an electronic reader in his church for schoolchildren to leave their fingerprints in order to monitor their attendance at mass, the Gazeta Wyborcza daily said on Friday.

The pupils will mark their fingerprints every time they go to church over three years and if they attend 200 masses they will be freed from the obligation of having to pass an exam prior to their confirmation, the paper said.

The pupils in the southern town of Gryfow Slaski told the daily they liked the idea and also the priest, Grzegorz Sowa, who invented it.

"This is comfortable. We don't have to stand in a line to get the priest's signature (confirming our presence at the mass) in our confirmation notebooks," said one pupil, who gave her name as Karolina.

Poland is perhaps the most devoutly Roman Catholic country in Europe today and churches are regularly packed on Sundays.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100129/od_ ... ngerprints
Dragonrider ATS R.I.P

My lust for you is like a fire
All it does is burn
It burns everything in sight
My lust for you is intense
All I do is think about you
The way you smell
The way you look
That's my lust for you.
Medusa

Postby greeney2 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:03 pm

They have computers that use fingerprint passwords, why isn;t that going too far? Did you read why they did the fingerprints? Sounds like a high tech attendance way to take roll call in school to me.
greeney2

Postby Medusa » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:43 pm

greeney2 wrote:They have computers that use fingerprint passwords, why isn;t that going too far? Did you read why they did the fingerprints? Sounds like a high tech attendance way to take roll call in school to me.

Yes we do at work as well, for clocking on and off, yes I did read the article but I think its too far when going to church ..............
Dragonrider ATS R.I.P

My lust for you is like a fire
All it does is burn
It burns everything in sight
My lust for you is intense
The way you smell
The way you look
That's my lust for you.
Medusa

Return to Religion & Spirituality