The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Why do catholics believe in cannabilism?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby _Billy_ » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:15 am

Doing good Lash. Down in the woods with my dog, sitting by the fireplace and keeping warm. It's raining here. This land (200 acres) was a land grant from the King of England to one of my ancestors, and I finally got it. See you at 221B Baker St.
"Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez" Let the Good Times Roll
_Billy_

Postby sheye » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:15 am

You are correct in your post. Protestants do it in remembrance of Christ, and Catholic say the body of Christ. Still it is absurd to call Catholics cannibals because of this. This post was juvenile and posted just to draw you attention. It shows a complete lack of maturity, and a lack of judgement.

If you don't call it cannibilism ,what do you call it? I do not see how this can be considered absurd. And to say this was posted to just draw attention to me shows complete lack of judgement on your part Billy.

I posted this because I think the concept of it is truly ridiculous,and I have a right to my opinion.

Actually sheye is the one entirely clueless of the subject she breached, she so totally needed your defense.

No..I am not totally clueless on the subject Sandra and I don't need anyones defense. Any way you want to slice it the FACT THAT CATHOLICS BELIEVE THE EUCHARIST IS ACTUALLY THE BODY OF JESUS seems absurd and only makes me realize how totally ridiculous that religion is.
sheye

Postby sandra » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:20 am

Your subject topic:

Why do Catholics believe in cannibilism?

1) You don't even know much about the history or current practices of cannibilism

2) You are claiming the eaucharist is sick, the body of christ is sick

3) That is quite the claim for no background knowledge of cannibilism itself

4) You prefer anyone that disagrees with you to stay out of this thread

5) You appear ignorant of everything you have claimed and the claims are absurd because of that alone

6) Because the topic was a question of why, you would have thought you were open to different translations

7) you weren't.

Hows that for presenting information in a comprehensive style?
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby Lashmar » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:21 am

Really I don't need to take someone baby step by baby step to get a point accross, figure it out.

Wrong. You do need to. If you can't be bothered to explain something, even slightly, then don't bother posting it. People shouldn't have to read through a page a wiki just because someone couldn't be bothered to spend a few minuets explaining there post, that is why arguments happen and that is why people post stuff which has nothing to go with the thread.

Not everyone is going to be as particular,

If that was directed at me you can go get rooted. If you think, for even a second, that I didn't research you post then you're off in lala land. Even with all the rubbish I'm dealing with in life I'm still researching 1000 times more that any one in this thread don't dare think otherwise.

sandra wrote:And if you want to turn this thread into my posting etiquett, by all means, bring it on, rip it apart, its something you or sheye could discuss on knowledgeable terms.

I don't know what the bloody hell you're having a go at me for. I pointed out the problem at hand because that's what people do when they see a way to improve something. I haven't had a go at anyone and yet people seem to think I am.

All I said was very simple. You have good points but you struggle to get them across...WTF is wrong with someone saying that? Can anyone tell what I apparently did wrong there because I just don't see it? :?
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Lashmar » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:24 am

_Billy_ wrote:Doing good Lash. Down in the woods with my dog, sitting by the fireplace and keeping warm. It's raining here. This land (200 acres) was a land grant from the King of England to one of my ancestors, and I finally got it. See you at 221B Baker St.

Glad to hear it my friend. At least we can keep up a civil conversation. :lol: Does you land have a fishing stream on it mate? That would be nice. :D

Edit:

Hows that for presenting information in a comprehensive style?

Some what better love, well done. :lol:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Halfabo » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:35 am

sheye wrote:A dogma of the catholic church is that the eucharist and wine are ACTUALLY changed into the body and blood of Jesus.

The idea that a "loving" heavenly father would actually require his believers to drink blood and eat flesh in order to "cleanse" themselves of sin seems sadistically distorted to me.

If there is a god,and thats what he requires for "heaven"...I feel like I might be better off in "hell"

(the fact that I bought into that BS for so long makes me very angry at myself)

There was a time in Catholic history when it was believed that this was indeed the actual body and blood of Christ. However, while it is still called the body of Christ and the blood of Christ, most Catholics have moved away from the belief of an actual transliteration. Most do realize it is only symbolic.
Halfabo

Postby Lashmar » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:37 am

Another note on the Wendigo. I have seen something similar to that here. I'm 99% sure one of my books mention something very similar to that in southern France. My mind has stopped working and I can't think of the culture that they had down there at the time.

It's interesting just how many cultures far apart share the same sort of ideas. I have a question for Sandra but I'll wait until she's in a better mood. :lol:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Lashmar » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:39 am

Halfabo wrote:Most do realize it is only symbolic.

I think all would mate. It's interesting non-the-less though.
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Ninor » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:42 am

I'm locking this topic, as things have gotten a bit over the top.

Feel free to start a new thread about the topic, but please try to keep the personal stuff out of it.

Thank you.

Ninor
Ninor

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts