The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Why do catholics believe in cannabilism?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby sheye » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:52 am

You need to do some research as well lash...because there is a HUGE difference in the dogmas of the catholic church and the rest of christianity,from the eucharist to baptism to birth control.

As far as calling me a numptie for expressing my beliefs ,I could very well say the same about you. I have seen you go off topic on threads and argue as well, but I guess its ok for you but anyone else who does it is a numpty. (maybe I should ask for topics that you post to be locked and see how you feel about it) Right now you seem like a big hypocrite to me.
Just a little boy who can judge others but feels quite entitled to put your silliness out there like its some kind of gold)

The point of this thread is quite simple

THE CATHOLICS believe that they are actually eating the flesh of jesus,and no not all christian churches believe that.

If windigoes believe that they they get spiritual enightment from cannabilism than I think they are whacked out as well. (thankfully not all AMERICAN INDIANS buy into that belief system)
sheye

Postby Lashmar » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:58 am

sheye wrote:You need to do some research as well lash...because there is a HUGE difference in the dogmas of the catholic church and the rest of Christianity,from the eucharist to baptism to birth control.

The difference is I never said I knew the answer my dear. I don't know much about Christianity and I never claimed to.

As far as calling me a numptie for expressing my beliefs

Is this the belief you were on about:

(nice pic by the way,but it looks like someone bit your pointing finger off...ouch)

The thread should be locked for the simple fact it could be quite interesting if you two didn't have to insist on fighting with each other all the time.

Edit: I seem to remember you enjoy learning stuff love so I would have though you, of all people, would have been happy with the idea that this thread could be shut down so others can learn.

Is it Just Catholics who do this by the way? :D
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby sheye » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:02 am

they belong to the Blackvault board, for anyone to reply to. If you don't like it, delete your own thread. Thats your perogative, if you don't like the results you are getting.

Greeney I wasn't expecting any results from the thread..was just putting a FACT out there that seems to me to be disturbing.

The fact that sandra jumped in with her 2 cents like she "spiritually" understood cannabilism because she was a windigo only showed me that some (and I mean some SOME) american indians are as whacked out as the catholic church.
sheye

Postby Lashmar » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:11 am

What is wrong with Cannibalism for starters Sheye? Humans come from Monkeys; Monkeys have been found eating other monkeys; it's only been the last few thousand years that Humans have stopped eating each other in Europe and it was still common place for it to happen in some parts of the world 50 years ago. I think I'm right in saying that a few months ago someone was jailed for Cannibalism in the Samoan islands (which is quite amazing).

Why is it okay to eat someone if you're on a desert island but it's not okay to eat someone if it's for spiritual reasons? Do you disagree with it on all levels or just when it's for spiritual reasons my dear? :)
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby sheye » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:25 am

Why is it okay to eat someone if you're on a desert island but it's not okay to eat someone if it's for spiritual reasons? Do you disagree with it on all levels or just when it's for spiritual reasons my dear?

Do you really have to ask that question lash? Cmon

One s for basic survival,and I'm not sure if what I would do in that case,but i doubt I could bring myself to knowingly eat flesh of a human to survive.

As for spiritual reasons to eat flesh??? Its totally ridiculous to me in whatever religion you practice, whether it native american..catholic,or satanic.

As far as you comment about me falling off the God wagon..you might say that I refuse to accept things that make no sense to me anymore. I have done it for far too long.

At this point in my life i think that IF there is a God, hes a worse sinner than humans for allowing evil to continue when he has the power to stop it. As a catholic I was taught that allowing sin to continue when I had the power to stop it was a sin..yet the "loving" father in heaven does it every day, and if he does indeed exist he has much more power than I do.
sheye

Postby Lashmar » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:33 am

sheye wrote:
Why is it okay to eat someone if you're on a desert island but it's not okay to eat someone if it's for spiritual reasons? Do you disagree with it on all levels or just when it's for spiritual reasons my dear?

Do you really have to ask that question lash? Cmon

One s for basic survival,and I'm not sure if what I would do in that case,but i doubt I could bring myself to knowingly eat flesh of a human to survive.

As for spiritual reasons to eat flesh??? Its totally ridiculous to me in whatever religion you practice, whether it native american..catholic,or satanic.

I didn't have to ask the question but I thought it would be best to ask it anyway, although I knew your response was going to be that.

Humans, by nature, are barbaric, we are little better than monkeys in reality, and I can understand where cultures get the idea that by eating another person they're going to gain the qualities of that person. I don't entirely know where I stand on the issue of this though; one part of me agrees that by drinking the wine you're meant to be taking in everything that was good about Jesus but the other part of me sees it as a throw-back to our cannibal past...it is intresting and I'd like to know what G2 and Bill think about it.

I could eat a human quite easily (not a whole one :lol: ) if I needed to but I don't think I'd enjoy it too much.
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby sandra » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:35 am

Actually if you look at my first few posts I was definitely not just trying to argue. I was presenting information. The transbustantantiation of the Eaucharist is very much a teaching in itself, as Windigo Cons of my Ojibwe tribe also see a type of transbustantiation. Teachings of the flesh to be transformed into teachings of the spirit. Even look up the world Cannibilism the two go one after the other.

"In the Christian tradition, cannibalism is believed to be undertaken (in some cases symbolically) in the form of communion and the Eucharist. Protestants, in general, consider communion as symbolic, while Catholics teach that the Eucharist is literal, through their belief of transubstantiation.[38]

Hindu mythology describes evil demons called "asura" or "rakshasa" that dwell in the forests and practice extreme violence including devouring their own kind, and possess many evil supernatural powers. These are however the Hindu equivalent of "demons" and do not relate to actual tribes of forest-dwelling people.

The Wendigo (also Windigo, Weendigo, Windago, Windiga, Witiko, Wihtikow, and numerous other variants) is a mythical creature appearing in the mythology of the Algonquian people. It is a malevolent cannibalistic spirit into which humans could transform, or which could possess humans. Those who indulged in cannibalism were at particular risk[39], and the legend appears to have reinforced this practice as taboo. The name is Wiindigoo in the Ojibwe language (the source of the English word[40]), Wìdjigò in the Algonquin language, and Wīhtikōw in the Cree language; the Proto-Algonquian term was *wi·nteko·wa, which probably originally meant "owl".["
[url]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannibalism[/url]

My intent of introducing this into this thread was also to show sheye that this exact teaching of bread and wine seen as the body of Christ is actually very similar to many more belief systems throughout history, and different cultures, some existing and being practiced today. That her view of cannibilism is what she makes it, that to some people cannibilism has been an expression of physical and spiritual growth (being more one) through representation alone, not just literally speaking, and that cannibilism just like anything else is subject to reasoning.

First you should understand why something is done, with what reasons, and how it is applied. Cannibilism has been around from the beginning of history til this day through out the world....do I see people eating everyone because of the bread and wine being Christ's body? :roll:
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby sheye » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:45 am

First you should understand why something is done, with what reasons, and how it is applied.

I understand very well how the catholics reason this and how it is applied,and thank goodness I finally see the ludicrousy in the whole act.

What next sandra? I need to understand how slavery was part of God's plan?
sheye

Postby Lashmar » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:47 am

sandra wrote:My intent of introducing this into this thread was also to show sheye that this exact teaching of bread and wine seen as the body of Christ is actually very similar to many more belief systems throughout history, and different cultures, some existing and being practiced today. That her view of cannibilism is what she makes it, that to some people cannibilism has been an expression of physical and spiritual growth (being more one) through representation alone, not just literally speaking, and that cannibilism just like anything else is subject to reasoning.

Then why didn't you tell her that? If you'd have said something a long the lines of "this is interesting and it also pop's up in many other cultures such as the..." then this wouldn't have happened.

You've got to remember my dear...she doesn't like you because, almost entirely, you can't enplane things in a decent way that anyone else can understand. This is yet another argument you two have had because Sheye, like me, didn't understand where the hell you were coming from.

I honestly didn't know what your posts had to do with the topic until you said that you were trying to show her that.

Edit: Pressed submit before I finished my post. :lol:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby sheye » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:49 am

Maybe I should start copying and posting parts of wikipedia to try and "educate" others in my threads.
sheye

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts