The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

Mechanical Bull?

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Ever Ride a Mechanical Bull?

Yes, it was a blast!
No votes
Yes, and never again!
No votes
No, but I would!
No votes
No, wouldn't want to!
No votes

Total votes : 0

Postby sandra » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:52 am

Last night I held record time on the mechanical bull at this club/bar my friends and I stop in at. The place gets packed, everyone has a few, and then goes flying off the bull. Pam and I wanted to ride it together last night, they wouldn't let us. Anyone ever been on one of these?? Its ALOT of fun when you have everyone watching you and you know you are bound to humiliate yourself. I ended up being a little more showy then planned. :oops: Ahh well, its one heck of a time!! :mrgreen:
Attachments
ROWDY2.jpg
ROWDY2.jpg (33.52 KiB) Viewed 918 times
BeingRowdy.jpg
BeingRowdy.jpg (77.77 KiB) Viewed 918 times
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby Dark-Samus » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:21 am

I'd love to try out that one time, I don't know a place though in my city where I can find one... :?
But it looks like fun, better than riding a real bull.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby greeney2 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:50 pm

Our horseshoer was a real bull rider. At the time Mrs. G2 was active doing hypnotherapy and did sessions with him for motivational things. She had a real conflict in her mind thinking what if I give him the confidence part, and he ends up getting killed or worse. Believe me riding a real bull can result in things worse than just getting killed. We went to watch him ride at the Conego days rodeo. He did OK, and nobody got really hurt on the bulls, but we did see a fellew got hung up on the rope of a bucking bronco. Terrible thing to watch. The horse just took off with him and follwed the arena fence trying to smash the rider on the fence. One hand was trapped where they wrap it, and he was just hanging on, feet dragging one the ground and half under the horse. I have no idea how he avioded the back legs stomping him. 3 times to rodeo clowns had the horse stopped and he keep bolting on them, and took 3 full trips around the arena before they finally got him released. It took almost a dozen people to manhandle the horse to get him untied. The poor guys face was in shock everytime the horse ran past us.

Back to the real bulls, Mrs. G2 can't even watch them if they are on tV, they just make her cringe. OUr friend had several buddies they knew that were killed by the bulls, so now most wear motcross chest protectors. His friend was stomped square on the chest and died right in an arena. The horses are flea footed animals and their escape from danger is to run like a deer. but bulls have a different dispostion, they go after you with bad intentions. Those rodeo clowns have guts, and not too many people would do what they do.

Mechanical bulls probably are a blast to try.
greeney2

Postby Dark-Samus » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:16 am

That is bad indeed although I care more about the bulls than these people riding them.
Dark-Samus

Postby greeney2 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:47 pm

I wish you would say something that wasn't from such ignorance of not knowing what you are talking about. These cowboys love what they do, and love their animals, regardless of the dangers. Rodeo's are a part of American culture. Rodeo animals are cared for and treated probably far better than the average domestic pet. 4-H programs, agriculture, ranching, cattle and horses, are a way of life for them, adn they represent the pioneer spirit of Americans moving west in the 1800's. You certainly have a cynical way of looking at life Dark, you never post a word that doesn;t radiate it.
greeney2

Postby Dark-Samus » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:58 pm

Yes...having fun in the cost of the slavery of other animals is nice yes...
Dark-Samus

Postby sandra » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:06 pm

Greeney, no surprise a bull rider needed some motivational help. ;) Now that I think about it, what a job Mrs G2 had! Does she do any hypnotherapy anymore? Don't hypnotherapists pretty much put their own spin on things, how they work? I'd love to see the real bull riding live! From just what I see on television, rodeo clowns can't fear death getting into that ring with the bulls. They get in there with the realization that chances of being severely hurt are not in their favor. And mechanical bulls ARE a blast, just have to have a bit of humility along with the experience. :D
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby sandra » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:08 pm

oh and greeney mechanical was the word I was looking for,,,not simply electric. LOL thats pathetic of me.
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby sandra » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:12 pm

Dark-Samus wrote:I'd love to try out that one time, I don't know a place though in my city where I can find one... :?
But it looks like fun, better than riding a real bull.

Dark, if you lived in my area I'd be dragging you out! This bar/club I go to gets hundreds of people in it. Even took a picture of an asian girl on the bull- thought it was 2 cool. Cmon seriously where would you see an Asian Girl riding a bull in America?

You HAVE to find a place, more fun than should be allowed.
;)
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby Lashmar » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:40 pm

Yes I have tried it, they have one in `The Engine` (a pub I drink at), and it's brilliant fun.

I haven't got in it in ages, I haven't been in their in ages either for some reason, but after reading this I might go their next week and have a go. :D :lol: :lol:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Next

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts