The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

De-Baptising...revolt against religion.

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby Dark-Samus » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:59 am

You ever think that the illusion might actually have a purpose as well?

It has a purpose, to keep us from getting anything.
It does not mean that some God or whatever is causing that illusion.
It could well be a few humans with some much power that they play god. :roll:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby greeney2 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:15 pm

When you have no understanding of something, its easy to develope a philosophy, that "everything is an illusion". That is the illusion of being on some level above everyone else, while at the same time, fool friends dumber than you, of your intellegence. :lol: The reality is usually, people simply have not idea what a subject means, and neither do the ones talking about it.

My generation gerneralized everything as "Wow Man! its the Establishment again". This generation generalizes everything is " Wow Man! everything is an illusion". And you all think you are different than your parents. :D
greeney2

Postby Dark-Samus » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:52 am

Well but that does tell us something that both sides have failed to see...
No version is the truth... ;)
Every generation has it´s own beliefs.
Some things change, others stay while the rest evolves.
I guess that´s the purpose of the human thought. :mrgreen:
Dark-Samus

Postby greeney2 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:21 am

There is an old saying "the older I get, the smarter my parents turned out to be". The older you will get, the more those things that never change that came from them, end up the most important things, that guide your human thoughts.

Some things change, others stay while the rest evolves.
I guess that´s the purpose of the human thought.
greeney2

Postby pandasex » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:36 pm

[quote="greeney2"]There is an old saying "the older I get, the smarter my parents turned out to be". The older you will get, the more those things that never change that came from them, end up the most important things, that guide your human thoughts.

I agree with you in most respects in life with your statement. But when it comes to "organized religion", the older i get the more studying i do......the more i realize religion has done more harm to humanity and stunted more human questioning than its ever been worth. I have lots of friends that are religious and family, they are good people. But when it comes to tolerance and human questioning, they are stunted. I wouldnt just throw the blame at religion if i was truly unsure in any way. But through speaking with them and them being truthful to me. I knew after a while it isnt coincidence it was the moment when they were forced into this and they stopped all questioning of their surroundings because of their understanding and belief in the bible.
so (not u greeney)to the ppl sitting around judging me thinking im some sort of pissed off dumb teen behind a computer. It DID NOT come without thought and i do joke on occasion. :?
BURNING MAN, burning man, BuRnInG mAn,
pandasex

Postby Dark-Samus » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:23 am

I blame religion for a part of the problems today.
BUT I blame humans for most of it.
I don´t care if you are a religious, atheist, Agnostic or whatever.
If you mess with other people´s lives, you harm them.
If you want to help too much, you harm them.

Respect your fellow human and don´t do anything to interfiere with its life unless it is willing to say so.
I think most people have a problem with the last sentence.
And thus is the flaw of religions, you can´t help everyone because it says so.
Dark-Samus

Postby greeney2 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:57 pm

If you recall Dark, shen you were saturos, we had a long debate over the study I found that proved that religions were not in fact, the cause of problems you were convinced they brought to the gay community. It was specifically proven they did not cause the mental health issues and high suicide rates among gays.
greeney2

Postby Dark-Samus » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:17 am

True although I also said that I critizized religious people not really religions themselves.
Although I´m not a big fan of it ;)

The truth is that even if both sides can tolerate eachother ( well some people anyway... )
Both sides tend to get respectless towards the other ones beliefs.
That´s atleast what I have experienced my whole life.
I always respect people no matter who they are.
But I drop my respect if this person does not respect me at all which has happened many times...
Dark-Samus

Postby Questioner101 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:49 am

Wouldn't it be "Utopia" if every person on the planet, kept their own beliefs to themselves...instead of trying to convert/threaten/holocaust others who don't think as they want them to??
"I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request."
Questioner101

Postby Dark-Samus » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:24 am

Yes but human nature doesn´t allow that to happen...
I know it hurts...I have to live with this kind of stupidity around me every day...
I guess our true religion should be jealousy and power. :lol:
Dark-Samus

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts