The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Spider Medicine

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby inja » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:05 pm

No i am not letting you hang. Sorry. In my little town three teenage boys where in a car wreck. It flipped and ended up in a pond. All three drowned and the one boy is my friends son. He was only 17. It's been a bit emotional of late.

I will definitely get back to you and post both stories I was referring to.
Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make sense.
inja

Postby sandra » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:38 am

Thats heart wrenching to hear, Inja. Hope the community and the families of these boys heal from this, your son must have alot on his mind.
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby inja » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:53 am

Hey Sandra here are the two similar stories i was talking about.

In the earliest times, the sun lived very close to the earth - so close in fact that life upon earth was becoming unbearable. The animal world got together to do something about it. They wanted to move the sun further away. The fox was the first to volunteer, and he grabbed the sun in his mouth and began to run to the heavens. After a short while, the sun became too hot, burning the fox’s mouth, and he stopped. To this day, the inside of the fox’s mouth is black.
Then the opossum volunteered. He wrapped his tail around the sun and began towards the heavens. Before long though, the sun became too hot, burning his tail, and he had to stop. To this day the opossum has no hair upon his tail.
It was than that the vulture stepped forward. Vulture was the most beautiful and powerful of birds. Upon its head was a beautiful mantle of rich feathering that all other birds envied. Knowing that the earth would burn up unless someone moved the sun, the vulture placed it’s head against it and began to fly to the heavens. Though it could feel its crown feathers burning, the vulture continued until the sun was set at a safe distance in the sky away from the earth. Unfortunately, vulture last its magnificent head of feathers for eternity.

Ted Andrews - Animal Speak

In the beginning there was only blackness, and nobody could see anything. People kept bumping into each other and groping blindly.

They said, "What this world needs is light."

Fox said he knew some people on the other side of the world who had plenty of light, but they were too greedy to share it with others.

Possum said he would be glad to steal a little of it. "I have a bushy tail. I can hide the light inside all my fur."

Then he set out for the other side of the world. There he found the sun hanging in a tree and lighting everything up.

He snuck over to the sun, picked out a tiny piece of light, and stuffed it into his tail. But the light was hot and burned all the fur off.

The people discovered his theft and took back the light, and ever since, Possum's tail has been bald.

"Let me try," said Buzzard.

"I know better than to hide a piece of stolen light in my tail. I'll put it on my head."

He flew to the other side of the world and, diving straight into the sun, seized it in his claws.

He put it on his head, but it burned his head feathers off.

The people grabbed the sun away from him, and ever since that time Buzzard's head has remained bald.

Then Grandmother Spider said, "Let me try!"

First she made a thickwalled pot out of clay.

Next she spun a web reaching all the way to the other side of the world.

She was so small that none of the people there noticed her coming.

Quickly Grandmother Spider snatched up the sun, put it in the bowl of clay, and scrambled back home along one of the strands of her web.

Now her side of the world had light, and everyone rejoiced.

Spider Woman brought not only the sun to the Cherokee, but fire with it.

And besides that, she taught the Cherokee people the art of pottery making.

http://www.crystalinks.com/cherokee2.html

For the grandmother spider story you have to scroll to the bottom of the page.
inja

Postby inja » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:59 am

sandra wrote:Thats heart wrenching to hear, Inja. Hope the community and the families of these boys heal from this, your son must have alot on his mind.

It will be a long while for these wounds to heal. There was no drugs or alcohol involved, no speeding. They took a back road to one of the guys house, hit some ice, slammed into a tree and than ended up in a pond. We now know that one of the guys died instantly in the car from hitting his head hard on something, the driver was found in a crouched position trying to kick out the window and my friends son was outside of the car in the water. There is speculation, since his door was open, that he might have gotten out before the car hit the water but went after his friends to try and help them get out.
Hundreds upon hundreds of people came to viewings. I stood almost three hours in line to give my respects to my girlfriend.

I actually don't have a son but a daughter.
inja

Postby sandra » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:58 am

Thanks for sharing those 2 stories, can't believe I had not read the first one, I have that book. I like Ted Andrews :shock:

Also I had not read or heard that 2nd story of grandmother spider, anything
with grandmother spider I like to pay attention to closely.

Interesting they mention her bringing the sun and the fire, isnt it.

Boy that was a tragedy Inja. Something not that long ago similar happened in
the smaller community upnorth where I go. And the driver was my cousin, he has since
been a disaster. Sometimes they say it can be so hard on the survivors, they do not understand always why they weren't the ones to go, but so close, and someone else went. Hard to not constantly contemplate what happened.

And yes thats right, your daughter I should not have forgot. Hope you are both doing well, and sounds like there has been quite the support system in the community.
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby sandra » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:16 pm

inja wrote:
Item7 wrote:Hi,

I love the Grandmother Spider story about her creating the alphabet.

I used to "read" runes, and got into a little Norse mythology. I loved the story of how the great god Odin hung upside down for three days in the tree { also called tree of life} inorder to get the first alphabet which were the Runes.

Item7

You might be interested in knowing that we all have the tree of life within us. Each time you take a breath you are breathing into your own tree of life which is your lungs. If you look at your lungs than you will see that it looks like an upside down tree. So in other words the gift of breath provides your personal tree of life with the gift of life.

Or we could break it down and look at a neuron as well. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuron
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby at1with0 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:31 am

Just starting in this thread:
Spider is telling us that the possibilities for each of us is only limited by our own view of ourselves.

Very striking quote.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts