The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Four Sacred Medicines

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby inja » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:50 pm

Sandra......a few pots and some soil and a window sill will allow you to grow some herbs without needing a yard for a garden. :) A few years back I bought a plant lamp and they work great if there isn't enough light in the house.

I actually grow my own sage as well....however I prefer it from the wild. There is a difference between cultivated sage and wild sage....I too pick usually some up from a powwow that we have here annually every September.

Why natural.....

I am an organic being that functions best with organic materials.

or how does the bible put it

I come from dust and shall return to dust
Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make sense.
inja

Postby sandra » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:06 pm

Thanks for plant lamp idea, might have to use that. Being in the middle of downtown a major city the buildings are so high not very much light gets in.

As far as the organic thing, knew you say something along those lines. "from dust and shall return to dust", Some people believe we should be very careful of what we burn and why. Fire is sacred. Now that I think about it.....If I have been taught never to through garbage into a fire, why would I burn something with garbage already in it? ;)

You don't go crazy on the whole organic foods thing, do you? :geek:
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby inja » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:08 pm

sandra wrote:Thanks for plant lamp idea, might have to use that. Being in the middle of downtown a major city the buildings are so high not very much light gets in.

As far as the organic thing, knew you say something along those lines. "from dust and shall return to dust", Some people believe we should be very careful of what we burn and why. Fire is sacred. Now that I think about it.....If I have been taught never to through garbage into a fire, why would I burn something with garbage already in it? ;)

You don't go crazy on the whole organic foods thing, do you? :geek:

LOL...that little face :geek: ....are you calling me a geek?? Guess i should feel good you didn't post the uber geek dude!!!!!!

I do prefer organic food. But who the heck can afford to only eat organic....not me. So I combine organic with the available gmo foods. I try to eat mostly local foods. My own garden is organic all the way. I also buy my eggs from a farm up the road where I know that the chicks are running around free....actually free enough to get hit by a car since a major road is in front of their farm. And I hate to say it but a grocery store egg (even organic ones in the store) don't taste anywhere as good as the eggs I buy from the farm. Or how about strawberries.....there is something wonderful about an organic strawberry vs the crunchy tasting gmo strawberry. If that makes me a geek....so be it, I hardly mind. :mrgreen:

So i should ask how about you do you pay attention to what is in your food or do you simply get or buy what your taste buds are desiring??? :idea:
Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make sense.
inja

Postby sandra » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:03 pm

Ah yiiiiy Have to be honest, I'd much rather lie right now, however that never does me any good, besides to look good for a day....maybe 2 if I'm lucky. ;)

As far as organics go, hmm Well when I lived up north (ive only been in the cities for a little while now) I ate alot of foods hunted, picked rasberries in my backyard, had alot of fresh grown vegetables (green beans tomatoes), and yes, I know about those farm eggs. Nothing like them, and up north I could get them as cheap as I've ever seen them. Like almost a quarter a dozen I believe.

Growing up around my grandmothers home alot, she has a giant out door pool us kids always used, so we would visit almost daily, and she had a garden Like I have never seen. She grew squash, peppers, watermelons,pumpkins,rubarb (lovd that with sugar :mrgreen: ) carrots, honestly almost every fruit and vegetable I could think of, it was the best times of my life when I was around my grandparents.

However since I have been living down town, I find my eating habbits have slipped. For instance Cherry DR. Pepper is killer. My fried foods are getting out of control, pizza has become a second love, and chips don't leave my side. Anything meat and potatoes still go for dinner though. Is chocalate organic? :mrgreen: :?

Right now I'd say my healthy choices for food is a downfall. Serious downfall. The sweets and fried foods need to chill.

:geek: <....that was an indication I knew you might say yes to the organics. Kind of has a friendly green look, right? :geek: lol
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts