The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Modern Relationships and Social Issues

Genetic Love Match?

Let's face it - we all have them. Come on in to offer advice, or maybe get some advice.

Postby sandra » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:38 pm

"Above all physical factors — for example, how he looks — and social factors, how guys smell is more important than anything else," she said."-

Freshin up MIBby, someone might be sniffing away. lol!!
hmmm Wonder how the process works, like do you meet up with them and they just start poking and probbing? and swabbing? :shock:

It could be traumatising. Or like when someone gets ready for going into surgery. ;)
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby MIBby » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:39 pm

I always smell nice, so I've been told.
I wouldn't mind if it went straight to .. poking.
MIB they once called me. Yes, that was my name. But you probably never heard of him. [/hipster]
MIBby

Postby sandra » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:45 pm

MIBby wrote:I always smell nice, so I've been told.

Well I'm sure you do, but your smell supposedly attracts a suitable mate, I've read many studies of smell having an affect on attraction, you must not like anyone elses smells. :mrgreen: ;)

Really they say smells subconsciously trigger different areas in our brain, to process certain compatability traits for partnership.
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby MIBby » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:49 pm

I know, heard that too.. but it's not my smell that drives the ladies away.
MIB they once called me. Yes, that was my name. But you probably never heard of him. [/hipster]
MIBby

Postby sandra » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:24 pm

lmao I just read your,,,,if it went straight to poking, :lol: jeeeezzzz
No shame there. LOL!!

Well you know its not about smelling bad, its about the smells we are taking in that we are hardly conscious of.

Hmm so whats the other issue MIBby, spill it out? ;)
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby MIBby » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:35 pm

Wish I knew what the other factor(s) is,(are) then I might be able to do something about it, (them). I'm thinking it's just the fact that I'm a weirdo or something. See, they love my mind, they love my humor and how I think. But that's mostly as far as the love goes. You get where I'm going with this? I'm the friend. Nothing more.
MIBby

Postby Dark-Samus » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:05 am

You say some things that are intriguing to me, but its usually a short line, and I do realise that sometimes its a waste to say otherwise, but even when you do have the chance to talk with someone who may somewhat relate, you don't. Instead you are always rolling your eyes at me.

Hmmm can't remember ever rolling my eyes at you... :?

Probably because I don't remember all the topics :lol:

Anyway, yes I agree you will probably never find out the true nature of someone else, even if it is your "partner for life"
To this day I have never met anyone who even comes near the basics of what I require in someone.

They are either liars, false, advantage takers, evil, stupid or weak.
There have been a number of times where I thought that this friend could be a good one but in the end they just betray me for no reason.
They always lie about who they are or what they are interested of and only wants to do what everyone else is doing.
I'm not such a person, I do whatever I want aslong as I don't hurt anyone else but I am myself at anything I do.

I think that if a person would come near of what I think is a decent human has to respect nature more than people, respect people more than things, and respect himself or herself more than what people thinks about them.
If someone belongs to a category where they harm either nature or people, forget about me ever being nice at all.

Of course I don't go around telling people about that, I wait to see how they really are which takes surprisingly little amount of time since I've had alot of bad experiences with any type of person.

I will try to elaborate some things I say a bit more in the future.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby sandra » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:51 am

Dark-Samus wrote:Anyway, yes I agree you will probably never find out the true nature of someone else, even if it is your "partner for life"
To this day I have never met anyone who even comes near the basics of what I require in someone.

Is this because of what you require out of yourself? You expect alot out of yourself?

They are either liars, false, advantage takers, evil, stupid or weak.
There have been a number of times where I thought that this friend could be a good one but in the end they just betray me for no reason.
They always lie about who they are or what they are interested of and only wants to do what everyone else is doing.
I'm not such a person, I do whatever I want aslong as I don't hurt anyone else but I am myself at anything I do.

Yes but you are not the only one that thinks this way. Some people are meant for greater things. When we want something, especially something real, we don't want to have the patience for it, instead we try to make it work or come in our own predefined terms, and it will not work out, its not suppose to. Many times when things have gone wrong for me in friendship or otherwise, I realise, I was the one who made the mistake. I cannot expect out of others, what I expect out of myself. That is an unfair basis of any type of connection to begin with, when you really know yourself, you become more of the responsible party. Its simply asking too much out of other people. We set ourselves up for disapointment when it doesn't need to be that way. And trust me I'm someone who does whatever I want as well, and when I want, for that sake, of being who I presently am, and that I will not fear change of anything or of any so called nature. Live and learn without fear, accept change, and become comfortable with uncertainty,,,,yes become comfortable with the uncertainty growth brings.

I think that if a person would come near of what I think is a decent human has to respect nature more than people, respect people more than things, and respect himself or herself more than what people thinks about them.

Believe in themselves. If you know something, really know it, right.
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby Dark-Samus » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:25 am

Is this because of what you require out of yourself? You expect alot out of yourself?

I don't think that respecting yourself and your partner and being honest about things is too much to expect from someone or myself.
I rather think it's way too little.

Believe in themselves. If you know something, really know it, right.

Believe in themselves yes but not if it means being a racist towards certain people or any type of hate that leads to someone else's miseary.
If I hear the smallest talk from the one I'm dating or is my friend about racism or just talking sh*t about someone that for stupid reasons do not appeal to him or her, Sorry but you are off my list and means nothing more than garbage to me.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby sandra » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:37 am

Dark-Samus wrote:I don't think that respecting yourself and your partner and being honest about things is too much to expect from someone or myself.
I rather think it's way too little.

Way to LITTLE? Cmon now. If it was so simple you wouldn't be making half the comments you ever make. You wouldn't feel the way you do about humanity if you thought being honest is something that is suppose to come easy. However maybe you have a different idea of respect. Respect is not little to me, it is something I do not expect, because I realise most people have not the first inclination of what it even means to respect themselves, let alone me. I end up having an understanding without judgement to the best I can.

Believe in themselves yes but not if it means being a racist towards certain people or any type of hate that leads to someone else's miseary.
If I hear the smallest talk from the one I'm dating or is my friend about racism or just talking sh*t about someone that for stupid reasons do not appeal to him or her, Sorry but you are off my list and means nothing more than garbage to me.

Sounds like you are terribly harsh on people. Very hard on people, or yourself. Sometimes I say things, and usually I don't regret them, but I learn the real reason I said it, my intent behind it, and with change of reasoning, we change our words. Pretty much everyone grows in their own way. Someone can be a racist, and still just be someone who lies. And I don't know anyone yet who does not lie.
memory works both ways.”
sandra

PreviousNext

Return to Modern Relationships and Social Issues

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts