The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Creating a stir in New Zealand with controversial image

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby sheye » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:22 am

This is different. Saying things about anyone with the intent to cause hurt is against the 'Hate Crime' laws of most countries. Hate crimes are punishable in law

This is mostly what I was refering to hahaaa, and as far as growing a thick skin I think I already have. I also see the above law broken every day, with little or no consequences.

Also at times, the situation is not one where you can walk away and ignore the abuse, you need to take a stance and shut it down for the benefit of everyone.
sheye

Postby sheye » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:27 am

Sheye if you were raised a Catholic, I think you know how this would be regarded by any priest of nun.

Sadly greeney some of the more off colored jokes I've heard have come from priests. (go figure??)
sheye

Postby greeney2 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:43 am

Off color jokes like a general dirty sexual joke, or off color jokes that would involve anything directly sacreligious or blaspamous slur about something sacrete to the church. There is a big difference.

I wouldn;t think to show that picture to a priest or nun, and say 'Hey Father, this is a riot".
greeney2

Postby event_horizon » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:19 pm

sheye wrote:
Can we get a photo of "God" humping a black hole? No wait, that would be a superstring right? Millimeter peter?

Prime example of the stupidity used in trying to discredit that there could be a higher power at play, one that actually had to something to do with how science works. To even relate a creative force, that perhaps did, with having a penis,is so unscientific, so crude...and basically makes scientists look like cold callous beings full of contempt and ridicule.

Thanks but no thanks,thats not the attitude I want teaching me about "truth".

Awww boo freggin' hoo. How do you know what "God" has or doesn't have? You ever met "God"? All you think you know is what some ancient scientifically unsophisticated humanoids scribbled down a long time ago.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby sheye » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:46 pm

Awww boo freggin' hoo. How do you know what "God" has or doesn't have? You ever met "God"? All you think you know is what some ancient scientifically unsophisticated humanoids scribbled down a long time ago.

Oh..and you event_horizon? You know enough about this god to make jokes about him having a penis and screwing a black hole?

All you know is what some pompous scientists scribbled down over the ages. boo friggin hoo.
sheye

Postby greeney2 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:01 pm

Common definition of Blasphamy:
For other uses, see Blasphemy (disambiguation).
Blasphemy is irreverence[1] toward holy personages, religious artifacts, customs, and beliefs. The Abrahamic religions condemn blasphemy vehemently. Some countries have laws to punish blasphemy.[2] Some countries have laws to give redress to those who are offended by blasphemy. Those laws may discourage blasphemy as a matter of blasphemous libel,[3] vilification of religion,[4][5] religious insult,[6] or hate speech.[7] The idea of blasphemy makes the word amenable to colloquial usage.

Sometimes the word "blasphemy" is used loosely to mean any profane language, for example in "With much hammering and blasphemy, the locomotive's replacement spring was finally fitted.".

Hahaha and event horizen, the definition of what is blasphamy is well defined, so the picture form New Zeland definatly fits the definition, as well as your "funny" comment. It has nothing to do with your right to say what you want.
greeney2

Postby HaHaaaa » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:27 am

greeney2 wrote:Please give what you think is the definition of blasphamy hahaha? The definition speaks for itself, laws and freedom of speech does not alter the fact the content of this depiction of Joseph and Mary fits the defintion. They are depicted in an irreverent way, which is the definition of blasphamy.

Already did.
HaHaaaa wrote:"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press . . . ."
No such thing as blasphemy in the US law. It would be unconstitutional.
HaHaaaa

Postby event_horizon » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:18 pm

sheye wrote:

Oh..and you event_horizon? You know enough about this god to make jokes about him having a penis and screwing a black hole?

LOL. I never said "God" had a penis to begin with, and a black hole isn't actually a hole.

It's called being facetious.

*here's a nickel*.......Go buy a sense of humor.

sheye wrote:All you know is what some pompous scientists scribbled down over the ages. boo friggin hoo.

The difference between the two "scribblings" is that one is done by making observations, and the other is done with pure imagination. One has to do with facts and the other is nothing but fairy tales.

Excuse me but I'll take facts over fairy tales any day.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby sandra » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:19 pm

I wouldn't.
I'm ready to be swept off my feet at any moment, to live happily ever after. :mrgreen: ;)
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby sheye » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:52 pm

The difference between the two "scribblings" is that one is done by making observations, and the other is done with pure imagination. One has to do with facts and the other is nothing but fairy tales.

Excuse me ,but many observations of miracles have been made by scientists that could not be explained by science. Many acts of healing have been observed and experienced,and these FACTS are very much in the foundation of religious beliefs.

Quite frankly I think its you who chooses to live in the fairy tale, if you refuse to see that some religious beliefs were founded on observation and study of the unexplainable. These are facts that can be used to say there is a higher power than "science". What facts do you have to prove this is a fairy tale?

Keep your nickel....you might need it to buy yourself another silly fairy tale.
sheye

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts