The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Personal story

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby sheye » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:44 pm

So just like your worst case senerios you make up for arguments against happiness being your own choice, Faith must not count for anything compared to a worst case tragic senerio with a bad ending? Good endings don't mean anything, as long as you can think up something worse in the world? Whats the saying good things come in small packages? How could I ever appeciate a little present, when someone else got such a great big one

??? once again greeney you fail to see the point I was getting at. Its not about a little present someone gets and the bigger present someone else gets. Its about somebody who has suffered a tragic loss (is that the little present ? ) who doesn't quite know how to deal with that reality when others have been spared such a tragedy,. They hear others say "well the lord protected you"....."you're guardian angel helped you"(and I'm not saying this isn't true) It does make them question why God did not spare them the sorrow and tragedy of losing a loved one. In the confusion of that ,their faith is tested,and sometimes comes out stronger,because they still choose to believe in a loving God despite the fact that they had to suffer a tragedy that seamingly God spared others of.

Greeney,you seem to think this was about me attacking Item 7's faith,and it was not.If it came off that way Item 7, I'm very sorry,and like mrshumphreys said the important thing was nobody got hurt.
sheye

Postby sandra » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:56 pm

Thanks for sharing your story Item7, helps us all to remember the good things that have come from rough situations. You're right, you have to just let it go. Reminds me of when I was in the hospital, could have went deep into fear and resistance, instead I chose to see things through my own eyes and not what other people were projecting on to me. I'm glad you are well, and I can't wait to see avatar.
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby Island_Girl » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:30 pm

Item 7,

Thank you for posting and I'm happy no one
was hurt.

I'm from New Orleans so we don't get a lot
of what is known as black ice. But today on
our local freeze warning (we're having unusual
cold weather) it said try not to travel on Thursday
night as "black ice" may form on overpasses. :roll:
I just wasn't familiar with the term before and
thought..wow, I just read where a poster on BV
spoke of a near tragic accident. So, I believe in
Spiritual gifts and have strong Faith. I'll tell my
friends and family to stay home. Was I given a Spiritual
Gift of warning through you, Item7? Just could be... :)
Last edited by Island_Girl on Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Island_Girl

Postby frrostedman » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:02 pm

Item7,

I am certain that the event as well as the random phone call--coupled together--sent you a clear message. Never let go of that message and keep giving it all up to God (as hard as that is).
Touching story and thanks for sharing. God bless.
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:50 pm

Hi,

Thanks everyone. It's so true that whats important was that no one was seriously hurt. I appreciate all the good thoughts.

Greeney, what you said about faith is so true. Its a personal feeling that's hard to describe to others. Some would probably see this as a "lucky" outcome, but as you said, I did { and still do} feel the presence of God durning this time.

Sheye, I don't really know what my reaction would of been if someone would of been badly hurt or worse. I can't think about it without thanking God things turned out OK. I don't like thinking about negative things, but I would hope I would never blame God for anything bad. I don't believe we get " tested" by God, but rather life itself gives us tests and moments where we can choose how we react. There are many times, I choose wrong and my ego takes over. When I let that happen, all the peace flies out the window, and I have to sit back and realize I'm trying to control things, and need to let them go.

Item7

Postby sheye » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:21 pm

There are many times, I choose wrong and my ego takes over. When I let that happen, all the peace flies out the window, and I have to sit back and realize I'm trying to control things, and need to let them go

Don't quite understand how ego has anything to do with the suffering that people suffer due to personal tragedies of loved ones. I agree that it is a choice to still have faith, despite the fact that that some humans suffer more tragedy in their lives than others, that would test their faith, and question why others are spared the pain of such sorrow. This is not a sorrow that exists forever,but none the less a sorrow.

I don't think its negative thinking to realize that bad things can happen to anyone, at any given time,and we need to be prepared for them emotionally and spiritually, or whatever way you need to progress through the pain.

To think that we are immune to such tragedies because we think positively is not realistic in my opinion. And to be realistic is not being "negative".
sheye

Postby sandra » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:21 am

Sheye I understand some of what you are saying. although....

When something like what happened to me : being hospitalised and told my intestines could burst, brought alot of 'bad feelings', anger for the health care I was receiving, neglect of others not being able to see the truth, despair, self pity for my physical pain**** Instead of ignoring those feelings and keeping my faith in the hands of the doctors, I instead felt and accpeted those feeling, in a fast fashion which in result helped me even quicker accept my own responsibility for my LIFE, and that I did not need to place my faith or belief in someone else in ANY circumstance. Sometimes being positive, means first accpeting the reality of our own responsibility of feelings versus self responsibility and truth....which means we often first encounter EGO.

Ego does have something to do with our suffering due to the suffering of other people. My sister is a perfect example of this (adopted), her mother, her brother, all her direct siblings have died, she has greived and suffered, yet now uses her mother and brothers deaths as reasons to continue a life of self pity and destruction when she has kids and is a mother. It has become an excuse for her terrible drug use, etc. So every case is different sheye, but ego can have everything to do with it. At some point you have to realise that we are responsible for our feelings and what they create in our life.

Being prepared for bad things is one thing, expecting them is another.....thought creation and manifestation, I'm for one careful of what expectations I place on anything.

Being realistic is not being negative, I agree.
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby Dark-Samus » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:57 am

To think that we are immune to such tragedies because we think positively is not realistic in my opinion. And to be realistic is not being "negative".

Agreed, no way in hell you are immune to such overwhelming tradegies, atleast not the first time.
And in some cases, what happens to a loved one is even worse than when it happens to you...
Because then you really are helpless...
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:11 pm

Hi,

Sheye wrote:
Don't quite understand how ego has anything to do with the suffering that people suffer due to personal tragedies of loved ones. I agree that it is a choice to still have faith, despite the fact that that some humans suffer more tragedy in their lives than others, that would test their faith, and question why others are spared the pain of such sorrow.

Ego, in the sense I used it means the part of us that includes emotions. We can't be totally without ego, because ego is part of our sense of self, but we can learn which parts cause pain and let them go. If we hang on to harmful emotions like anger, pain, and useless pride, we end up with guilt, remorse, and worry.

We can, if we choose go to God and ask for help. and our burden will be lightened. I believe we work with God, and God through us to grow and abide in peace.

One of the biggest questions ever asked is why do some people have more pain in their lives than others? I don't think that's true. Its a lie perpetrated by the king of liars. How do we know how much pain each person experiences in the first place? And how do we measure the burdens of a soul? Yes, we may see one person experience something terrible time and time again, and tell ourselves they have suffered more than another person, but how do we really know? I think everyone suffers, we have no right to judge who suffers more.

Presuming we know that some people suffer more than others is part of the judging attitude that the bible warns abut. No two people react the same way when affected by the same event. Much suffering is silent, and not hung up for the rest of the world to see.

Take care,

Item7

Postby BloodStone » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:15 pm

The first thing I saw was some people laughing at me and telling me, why didn´t you die?

I think we just had a mojor breakthru. Could this be the reason Sat dislikes all humans? :?: :?: :?: :?:

Come lay down on my leather sofa for a spell, we need to chat...

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts