The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Why Does Suffering Exist?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby malai5 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:05 am

Hi All

Here is our swing on the question:

See it this way - The True self, the Soul, is the cause for all lessons & growth in a 3d life. The Higher Self is the connection or the go between, if you like, to the earthly self. The earthly little self is put on earth for the opposite to occur. For everything to reach its conclusion, on a universal level there has to an opposite or an apposing force. Earth is a reflection of everything earthly, not universal. Everything encountered on earth is for learning and growing. Suffering exists because earth needs to learn. When someone is taken seemingly against their will, know that on a universal level the contract was already written for that to occur. The sacrifice is made at ground level for the soul growth of that 'Being' and also for the lessons of others that are part of that contract.

Suffering is not felt on a universal level, as there is no attachment to the sacrifice that will be made on an earthly level. As each individual has his or her own lessons to learn in life, it will be incumbent upon that individual to seek a higher level of acceptance as to why suffering is.

Understand that earth is a nursery planet and was created with free will. As earth moves into a higher vibration, then understand that, that consciousness will sort out what needs to stay and what needs to go

Cheers

Malai5
THE FURTHER YOU GO, THE LESS YOU KNOW!
http://www.mam3.com.au
malai5

Postby Ninor » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:08 pm

Interesting post Malai5. :D

Sounds like it's in line with Buddhist philosophy to me.
Ninor

Postby mrshumphreys » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:42 pm

malai5 wrote:
When someone is taken seemingly against their will, know that on a universal level the contract was already written for that to occur. The sacrifice is made at ground level for the soul growth of that 'Being' and also for the lessons of others that are part of that contract.

Wait, what... seriously?
So like, some psycho is dragging some woman off to rape or kill her or something, but it's okay because her higher self signed on for that one? She'll learn from it? Building character and all that? I hope I'm missing something in this equation, because it sounds like an opening gambit to reason away all moral responsibility with a back door opening for some good, old fashioned victim blaming. I would sincerely hope you were headed somewhere else with that, though.

Earth is a reflection of everything earthly, not universal.

I'm not sure why one would even feel the need to point this out, unless you are expecting someone to argue the opposite...
"It's like arguing with a brick wall, except the brick wall thinks you're an idiot, and thinks it's winning." - Humphreys, that sexy beast.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
mrshumphreys

Postby frrostedman » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:50 pm

Mrs Hump,

Many new age philosophers believe that people (souls?) actually do "sign on" for any and all different kinds of suffering. I believe the thought is, the collective goal is to experience all possible things. The "good" and the "bad" are all just different facets of the whole experience.
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby mrshumphreys » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:59 pm

Yeah, I've heard it before... I think I read it in one of those books Sylvia Browne deuces out twice a year... I still can't wrap my head around anyone taking it seriously. Also, I've never actually spoken to anyone who believes it about it, so now I've been suckered into to asking. I'm sure I'll regret it soon enough, though.
"It's like arguing with a brick wall, except the brick wall thinks you're an idiot, and thinks it's winning." - Humphreys, that sexy beast.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
mrshumphreys

Postby sheye » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:41 pm

Wait, what... seriously?
So like, some psycho is dragging some woman off to rape or kill her or something, but it's okay because her higher self signed on for that one? She'll learn from it? Building character and all that? I hope I'm missing something in this equation, because it sounds like an opening gambit to reason away all moral responsibility with a back door opening for some good, old fashioned victim blaming. I would sincerely hope you were headed somewhere else with that, though.

Thank you Mrs Humphreys ,for expressing so well, exactly what was running through my mind when I read the original post.
sheye

Postby malai5 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:31 pm

Hi All

As an observer of life, it have found that EVERYTING has a point to it.
Things do not exist without a reason.
"Suffering", like everyting else is a subjective term as suffering to one person is not to another.
Why???
From our point of view we ALL get what we need for this life, not always what we would like, or want.
Take the case of a Mother with a child who is sick. The child is suffering and the Mother wishes to relieve this. She gives the child medicine which, to the child is just more suffering on top of that which it is already dealing with, but the Mother knows what the child does not and that the medicine, will, eventually relieve all the suffering for the child.
So, the imposition of "suffering" to relieve suffering is what this post is about.
We all suffer at times in this life for the purpose of learning about ourselves and in doing so, learn about how we react/deal with our 3D lives.
We all suffer in our own way to learn to be stronger, or become victims.
That is the choice.

No judgment nees be applied to others or yourself in this battle, as it is just a process of the evolution of self.

Cheers

Malai5
malai5

Postby greeney2 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:59 pm

We all suffer in our own way to learn to be stronger, or become victims.
That is the choice.

I don't think this is true at all. There are many different kinds of suffering, and you can not boil it down to them have only these 2 choices. Sometimes the suffering is self inflicted and that was clearly a choice. There is suffering caused through no fault or choice of your own, and it may be a physical form, or mental form of suffering. Some kinds of suffering are clearly not for the only reasons you list above. There is suffering from health problems, injury or disease you have no control over. Terminal illness or catostrophic conditions, are something we all face at one time or another.

In the case of the Mother and child and medication, why do you assume the medication causes more suffering, rather than relief of suffering or cure of the problem? When symptoms are controlled in any illness it usually results in some relief of pain or difficulty, such as breathing. The child may suffer from physical affects but the Mother suffers from anquish for her child. Suffering is a part of life, and some have higher or lower threasholds for how that suffering affects them. Some people just fall apart and others live everyday in some sort of physical pain and just endure it. There is suffering that never ends, such as the loss of a loved one, and we do not get stronger over it, nor are we victims of it, mouning is a natural process and so is death, which usually involved declining health and suffering.
greeney2

Postby malai5 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:50 pm

Hi greeny2

You may not choose your suffering but you can choose how you deal with it.
The two choices are, grow from it and become stronger in self, or become a victim because of it and gain no benefit from the suffering.
However, victims do get a benefit of sorts, pity. But, that will just reinforce their victim status.

Cheers

Malai5
malai5

Postby greeney2 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:54 am

Your perspective is very limited and one sided.
greeney2

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts