The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

apologies for my paranoia

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby sheye » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:17 pm

uuuhmmmm..now that I might have someones attention in the help forum anyone care to take the time to quickly run through how to add the persons name who said what you quoted in the quote box? :oops: This chick needs help,and has a few issues with programs ,but once I get the hang of it, I'm good to go. Much appreciated :)

Edit : lmao ..just remembered this isn't the original WTF ?thread posted in the help forum. :roll: Daaamn...need to get a grip and pay attention
sheye

Postby mrshumphreys » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:02 pm

I pmed you a response anyway, but the pms don't seem to be as obvious here as they were on the old board. I'm not sure if you saw it or not.
"It's like arguing with a brick wall, except the brick wall thinks you're an idiot, and thinks it's winning." - Humphreys, that sexy beast.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
mrshumphreys

Postby sheye » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:44 pm

Cool..thanks so much :)
sheye

Postby Dark-Samus » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:56 am

We all have our moments...of...uhmmm "Amnesia" :lol: ;)
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby mael » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:06 pm

Well, I started using computers about ten years ago. So I started at least ten years later than most others.

My brother sent me a book called 'Windows for Dummies.' It was pretty useless as my computer is all in Japanese. But at least it showed that if I could actually read what was on the screen I would be able to use a computer.

So I figure things out really slowly because of the language problem. If I had a verbal interface I'd be all right - I just can't get the hang of the kanji. But I'm not too bad with computers these days.

But! In my early days of posting on boards I didn't know how to copy/paste, and used to type-out the whole thing I wanted to copy/paste. Naturally this took ages. But I thought it was the normal way to do it.

....... Until someone told me how to do it. It beats me how no one took the p*ss out of me.

Jeez! Did I feel a prat or what! :oops:
mael

Postby bionic » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:37 am

Sheye,
If you knew just how many of us here have gotten paranoid and/or posted really embarrassing stuff online (here or elsewhere), you'd know it's really NO BIG DEAL...at all..lol

You are amongst your own kind here.
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby mrshumphreys » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:01 pm

I replied to your reply (in pm) yesterday, I think... or maybe the day before.
The only reason I knew you replied was because I get email notifications. LOL.
Otherwise, I'd have no clue.
"It's like arguing with a brick wall, except the brick wall thinks you're an idiot, and thinks it's winning." - Humphreys, that sexy beast.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
mrshumphreys

Postby sheye » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:59 pm

Thanks for making me feel like I'm not the only one who's crossed the line of good judgement,and made some mistakes.
sheye

Postby Dark-Samus » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:18 pm

Put it this way, name a single human that hasn´t :lol: ;)
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Tairaa » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:21 pm

greeney2 wrote:Sheye I've had times when I spent an hour writing something, and lost the entire thing hitting the wrong key. I think somehow I may have hit something involving Alt or Control keys in conjunction with something else typing too fast, I never did figure it out. Another thing is using the word u n i o n screws things up. John explained that to me and I still can't figure it out why you can't use it. Has that ever been fixed?

You also mentioned not staying around much longer, and I hope you change your mind about that too. :)

I believe one perk to switching over to the new board is that you can say union without any harm.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

PreviousNext

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts