The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

The One They Called MIB: A Retrospective

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby rath » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:44 pm

MIB

Welcome back.
rath

Postby MIBby » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:02 pm

WOOT! You better stick around. Or Imma have to kidnap you, and airfare is expensive nowadays, so don't make me do it!

Good to see ya made it back MIB...

Sorry to disappoint you all but, I'm not back. I might be, just haven't made up my mind yet. I just felt I owed it to people, an explanation.

I know you may not feel like you want to come back, and that's ok! I invited you back so you saw the changes here, and so you'd find some old friends you haven't talked to in a while.

Well, I did miss people here. Often wandered if they still posted or not. Glad to see not everyone turned their back like me.

Things do happen for a reason.

I suppose they do, I still have to find the reason behind all of this. The only thing that brings me down at this point is, all those who have hurt me ... they seem to find happiness. People tell me that karma will end up collecting their bill sooner or later. I retort by asking them what that helps me? Say the woman who I broke up with, their new home burns down... I'm not gonna deny that I would find momentarily satisfaction and a grim blanket of hilariousness would cover my days, but it wouldn't help me.

I will say this. Boards like this that have a special feel to them, surrounded by friends (and friendly debaters alike) is sometimes what we need. We can wake up and check our messages from half a globe away, or peer into the thoughts and minds of another country we've never visited.

You are right about that, and in a way I am seeking help kinda.

But he posted for years, and even reading your post above, it's indicative of how much you've learned to communicate in English.

I keep a spell-check nearby, just in case ;)

As to the other stuff, well, you know. We've spoken about it before and you know you can message me whenever you need to talk.

I hold you on that promise, every time :)

@bionic:

You could be right that I didn't know what I was getting myself into. But I was willing to delve in, all the same. The biggest problem afterwards was that I really was alone. My parents have never really been supportive of the fact that she was "Turkish". Total crap to be honest, she was born here in Belgium so her roots are simply that her parents weren't born here. There it ends. But after the break-up they didn't really care for being there for me. They never did, for that matter.

I never really saw myself as a social person, so clubs might not be the best thing. But it's worth keeping it in the back of my mind.

Who doesn't remember you? Nobody ever topped your 40K+ post count for sure.

I can only hope that some posts actually stuck in people's head, rather then the sheer quantity of it.

er family who talked about you, is now that other guys "Inlaws", probably doing the same thing to him behind his back to their daughter.

The irony of this is, they have abandoned her, her whole family. They didn't do that with me. Guess that's strike one for me?

With all that in mind,many types of experiences will get you down if you entertain the idea,but dont let them

It's a matter of keeping my mind occupied, which is not an easy thing to do. I have delving into the world of Magic: The Gathering, my Xbox 360 is giving me lots of Guitar Hero-hours and MMORPG's are eating away at the time spent pondering over loss and hurt, so to speak. It's just the being alone-factor in the whole equation that gets the best of me.

With all this said, I'll see if I can hang around. I'm not gonna be as active as before, I'm not anymore.

For some links on where to find me:

Last.FM -> http://www.last.fm/user/SStieven
Facebook -> http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref ... =721498870
MSN -> s_stieven@msn.com
Twitter -> http://twitter.com/SStieven
Steam Community -> http://steamcommunity.com/id/Hellie
Xbox -> http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/Hellie24.png
DeviantART -> http://hellhound.deviantart.com/

And I work for: http://www.gamevault.be/
MIB they once called me. Yes, that was my name. But you probably never heard of him. [/hipster]
MIBby

Postby chiselray » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:07 pm

Thats where youve been

Hey remember the old saying mate..."Theres plenty more fish in the Sea"
Im a hopeless romantic,i love em all...
chiselray

Postby mael » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:20 pm

It's nice to see you back.

Sounds like you were lucky to me. I know it doesn't feel very nice, but I am pretty sure you'll look back and see that this turned-out the best way.

Broken-hearted? lost? No zest for life? Been there many times. It never gets easier, but I think one gets more practical over 'carrying on' when it's happened a lot.

Much as I would have liked it otherwise, in the end it's only '''you''' who can pull yourself up by the bootstraps.

Feel the pain and misery ... suck it up! Then get back in the swing of your life. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, y'kno'.
mael

Postby Tairaa » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:27 pm

Good speech mael, I wish I had a way with words. :P
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Lucifer » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:40 pm

welcome back there mibs ... i left for a bit too and i found myself trying to log into the account that i quit ... lol ... meh ... good habits die hard ...

Lucifer~>
Lucifer

Postby sandra » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:51 pm

When I got back here, I thought you may never come back, asked about you, no one really knew. Things will get better, just give it time, as I was gone for similar reasons. Got involved with someone, and now more than ever I'm glad it didn't work out, remember one door closes in life, another will open. Just do what I'm doing, love having fun. :mrgreen:

Good to see you around here.
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby MIBby » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:44 pm

I noticed you had been asking about me sandra, I'm flattered.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.
MIB they once called me. Yes, that was my name. But you probably never heard of him. [/hipster]
MIBby

Postby bionic » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:47 am

Hey MIB,
Are you sure she is out of your life?
The story may not even be over with her, for you, yet.
One never knows.

Your parents, well, they seem typical.
I think those of us who claim to not have some kind of parent issue are just lying to themselves...or just they're REALLY lucky.

Parents being human, like us, after all.

I am resently, totally screwing up my poor kid in one way or another these days, I'm sure. I hope that some day, when he is a man, I was good enough a mom, though, that he will feel okay and free to bitch at me about the things I have done to screw him up. To me that'd be a high comp-liment. (if that makes any sense)

Honestly..every life is a tragedy of some sort or another..at some point.
Us humans, we are such brave, perservering types, all in all.

I'm kind of hoping maybe the the story with you and her isn't just yet over (maybe you need to find a place for you her and her son away from BOTH your families?), but that if it is, it's because there is a better story waiting to unfold for you sooner than later.
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby MIBby » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:00 am

That's the problem. I see her everyday and I don't want that. I doubt the story isn't over and after some of the things being said by us... there is no going back.
MIBby

PreviousNext

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts