The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

regarding catholic bashing

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby sheye » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:54 am

Feel the need to clarify my views regarding the corruption and deception perpetuated by those in positions of power in the catholic church. I don't feel the molestation and abuse of children in any religion or organization is right,as well as the misuse of funds for the personal agendas of a few. I do respect and admire the lessons taught by jesus in the bible,and in no way do I hold him responsible for the many crimes against humanity caused by people who claim to be his followers, just as I don't blame the Jews for causing his death. There was much corruption in certain factions of judaism back then , just as there is now.

My main complaint is that not enough is being done to rid the churches(not just the catholics) of these types of corruption and perversities. I'm sure if Jesus walked into a vatican council meeting ,he'd a few things to say on these matters.

Anyone who believes in honesty,fairness,goodwill to their fellow humans and the respect for children and animals(especially in cases involving pedophilia and bestiality)has my vote whether they be a buddhist, christian, muslim,jew or atheist.

(sorry for spelling errors)
sheye

Postby Dark-Samus » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:29 am

Here are some of the main reasons to your answer, well my own opinions:

1. I think it´s enough just by looking at the Vatican, they speak so much about Jesus and all that when they themselves are thriving with money to the bone and living like Gods.

2. Pedophilia of course.

3. Religion is an excuse for those in power to do what they want and to control the lesser weaker humans.
Religion has nothing to do with Jesus or God.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby sheye » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:51 pm

dark says:3. Religion is an excuse for those in power to do what they want and to control the lesser weaker humans.
Religion has nothing to do with Jesus or God.

I think the belief that there is no God can be used for the same reasons.They can do what they want without any fear of retribution and will use the weaknesses of humans to control them.Most Religions have been a tool for many humans to rise above the weaknesses of humanity, and not be controlled by the lesser base side of its nature.

Just an opinion.
sheye

Postby greeney2 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:18 pm

You said your sister is a nun, do you think she is like that? Arn't you making a determination based on the few who may be like that?
greeney2

Postby Tairaa » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:23 pm

They can do what they want without any fear of retribution

Except for humans, like most animals, are born with morals. We are also born with a conscience. It is more dangerous to think that what you are doing is right no matter what then to think for yourself what is right or wrong.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Dark-Samus » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:52 am

I think the belief that there is no God can be used for the same reasons.They can do what they want without any fear of retribution and will use the weaknesses of humans to control them.Most Religions have been a tool for many humans to rise above the weaknesses of humanity, and not be controlled by the lesser base side of its nature.

Just an opinion.

The difference is that they preach about what is right or wrong when basicly everything they do is wrong.

Atheists well, I`m sure some are the same but they have not been preaching about what is right or wrong in the name of God or anything else.
It´s worse coming from some origin and then lie and manipulate it than coming from no specific faith.

I myself do not believe in God or any God, I do think though that humans since the dawn of intelligence saw something they could not explain at that time...
Dark-Samus

Postby sheye » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:15 am

Atheists well, I`m sure some are the same but they have not been preaching about what is right or wrong in the name of God or anything else

Hunh...Dark?? did I miss something ....athiests have preaching that believing in God is wrong in the name of "nothingness" for awhile now. I see it on this site ALL the time dark ..You yourself preach how beieving in God is wrong every single day on this site. In what? the name of "anything"?...c'mon you have to see how you contradict yourself there.

As far as your comment greeney,not sure what your point was (grins). My point was that I personally believe most people who go searching for "spritual truth" to so to better themselves ,and to become better human beings. This does not include those who have been raised to believe in certain religions and manipulated to think a certain way.I'm talking about poeple who are truly seeking for "spritual" enlightment.
sheye

Postby Dark-Samus » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:18 am

Hunh...Dark?? did I miss something ....athiests have preaching that believing in God is wrong in the name of "nothingness" for awhile now. I see it on this site ALL the time dark ..You yourself preach how beieving in God is wrong every single day on this site. In what? the name of "anything"?...c'mon you have to see how you contradict yourself there.

No I have said that believing in Religion under the name of God is wrong.

I don´t care how many people believes in God or something similar, aslong as they do not spit their hate on others that do not then I´m fine.
My mother beliieves in God but she doesn´t go around preaching,hating or judging people because they do not follow what she says.
She is not religious either because she believes in God in her own way.

Atheists are not just God unbelievers, they do not believe in anything other than what they can see or live on.
So their minds are just as pathetic.
I myself am not Atheist,Believer or Agnostic.

I`m a realist and seeker of facts and proff.

So I`m kind of a scientist with a wider mind than most of today´s scientists that only goes by the book :lol: :roll:
Dark-Samus

Postby greeney2 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:16 pm

As far as your comment greeney,not sure what your point was (grins).

Missed my point Again? :lol: The point was obvious! You are claiming the Catholic Church is corrupt and decieving people, but at the same time have said you have a biological sister who became a Nun. Do you think this also extents to her level too? The point being, for the few that MIGHT be the way you claim at the top, is the entire Catholic Religion this way?
greeney2

Postby Tairaa » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:22 pm

sheye wrote:
Atheists well, I`m sure some are the same but they have not been preaching about what is right or wrong in the name of God or anything else

As far as your comment greeney,not sure what your point was (grins). My point was that I personally believe most people who go searching for "spritual truth" to so to better themselves ,and to become better human beings. This does not include those who have been raised to believe in certain religions and manipulated to think a certain way.I'm talking about poeple who are truly seeking for "spritual" enlightment.

I hold what I feel to be right and wrong, and I don't keep those things a secret. I don't think it's wrong to believe in God. I don't preach that religion should be banned or have a predisposition to people simply because they are religious. I argue against the foundations or organized religion, because in my eyes it's not there for a good reason, you THINK it is, but I think it's not and furthermore I believe that the evidence is on my side.

So that's what my arguments are about, it's completely devoid of a personal level, there is no personal section of my arguments.

What about emotional enlightenment? That sounds better to me then spiritual enlightenment
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts