The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Religion.

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby Tairaa » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:59 pm

Reasons for disbelief or belief.

I'll start:
1) Evidence to the contrary.
2) it appears very clearly to me that the church and surely other religions base their purpose in power! They just conveniently produce lots of money, and people who are capable of doing whatever they are taught without ever questioning whether or not it's good or bad because they "know".

My most hated argument, or at least one of them, is the "I KNOW God exists because I have a 'personally relationship' with Jesus.

No you don't know. Well actually, sure, you 'know'. In exactly the same sense that I 'know' that man created God.

Thoughts?
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby greeney2 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:51 pm

To Clarify your question is it belief or disbelief in God, or in a partcular religion?
greeney2

Postby Tairaa » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:55 pm

I am personally not a believer in a God.

My religious views are realistically more of an mental capacity rather then a spiritual one. I am, in most regards, aligned with Buddhist views. So I do have belief, too a degree. But most of my belief is simply in that of nature and natural principles since I can see and understand logic that's present in nature. Things happen for a reason, there is a reason that there is so much consistency, and that certain laws work. I feel that this reason is simply that of either choice or "it is because it is" depending on what it is we're talking about.

Aerodynamics for instance, I don't believe someone thought it all out, I think it's simply behaves the way it does because that's how it works.

I mean individual phenomena within aerodynamics have mechanical causes, or actuators, but down low enough it all comes back to, simply complying with the way things work.

The reason I created this thread is I find myself always arguing on youtube about religion, and on such a large site there are no personal alias, to say, there is no relationships. Everyone is no-one to each other, we don't know each other etc. Whereas here, I "know" all of you, or at least your internet alias, and you all know mine likwise. Therefore I decided that it would be more productive to argue these points with people who know my alias and won't use poor tactics, and vice versa with me.

So in short I'm hoping that it will be a more positive environment, although from what I've seen in religious talks there may actually be no positive way to discuss opposing religious views. :P :lol:
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Dark-Samus » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:59 am

I believe that there must have been some reason for people to believe in such things.

I don´t believe for a second that it was an almighty God that came to this little planet of all the universe and created his spark of life.
Please :roll:

Reasons I believe to the human faith.

1. Some group might have been smart enough to come up with something that most would believe by giving their lives.

2. Could very much have been Aliens.

3. Considering that humans were mad ein Gods image, it could very well have been humans from the future or humans from other planets way more advanced than we are.

4. Some other unknown reason.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Cole_Trickle » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:20 am

Religion and belief therein are/were designed as a tool of control to be used by those seeking power over the people. Read some History, real history--not the watered down stuff they force feed the masses.

In the old days people told stories of all sorts, Religion and supreme God's, or beings, were usually main topics of discussion. Some call them myths.

More people have been killed murdered in the name of Religion that any other single thing known to man. A simple fact that can't be denied.

Bring Em Home Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby Tairaa » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:05 pm

Religion and belief therein are/were designed as a tool of control to be used by those seeking power over the people. Read some History, real history--not the watered down stuff they force feed the masses.

All the evidence I've reviewed indicates such.

More people have been killed murdered in the name of Religion that any other single thing known to man. A simple fact that can't be denied.

Correct.
Tairaa

Postby greeney2 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:44 pm

Cole:

Taira:
Correct.

Its actually not correct, that is a misconception and argument that is untrue. It is something people want to believe but the actual facts of wars and thier casulties, and the reasons for these wars, proove otherwise. If I can find the link again, I posted before in a arguement about this very point. Even counting the death toll of the Crusades and back as far as Christ, statically this is totally untrue. Only a few wars were classified as religious in nature in the past 2000 years, and the estimates of the crusades deaths, is nowhere close to WW2.
greeney2

Postby Dark-Samus » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:59 pm

Most wars have been conducted in the name of GOD not religion.

There is a big line between the 2.

Even if many of these wars had nothing to do with GOD possibly.
They were still manipulated in such state that people believed it was for a higher purpose when in reality it was a fight between a few ***holes.

Much like today in certain parts of the world.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby chiselray » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:00 am

What amuses me is why someone with some kind of religious belief is wanting to know why someone believes in a god..
Why the hell would you bother asking ? unless

(a) your not sure about your beliefs
(b) you want to start a hsit fight
(c) you hope to discourage religious beliefs
(d) your bored and started a topic
chiselray

Postby humphreys » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:20 am

chiselray wrote:(a) your not sure about your beliefs
(b) you want to start a hsit fight
(c) you hope to discourage religious beliefs
(d) your bored and started a topic

Well, A) would be completely reasonable, and a common reason, and we could throw in:

e) Wanting to understand the way other people think, and reason, and why
f) Interest in putting your own opinion out there as a way of giving people every piece of evidence available, so they can come to a more informed conclusion
g) General enjoyment of the subject matter at hand

And the list goes on.

It makes me wonder why you think there is a religious board at all, and why YOU post here, if you think such a simple thing as asking others why they believe as they do is so ridiculous.
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts