The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

My art

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby Tairaa » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:09 pm

More to come, no time at the moment.
So this is an C-130 Hercules transport, sporting 4 turboprop engines. Used by a lot of NATO countries. It's entirely incomplete, doesn't have it's the undercarriage of the fuselage for the landing gear, it doesn't have any control surfaces and I'm going to have to model in a cockpit section as well. Plus the engines have a bit of a geometry error, probably on my part, so they're going to be replaced if I can't fix it too.
Afterwards I'm planning on converting it to an AC-130 Spooky II gunship. I would have gone AC-130 from get go but I couldn't find any reference images for an AC-130, just the C-130. BUT! I can find reference images for a 20mm gatling gun, and a 40mm canon, and 105mm howitzer all individually.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby BloodStone » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:17 pm

It's a lil off, but nice job.

That's not an easy thing to do.

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby Tairaa » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:02 pm

Haha, that's my newest piece, I'm a bit out of practice. But I still think it's one of my best yet. All of my work is a lil off, I'm still very much an amateur.

XM-8 assault rifle.
A little more off then the C-130, but at least the model is complete.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby BloodStone » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:28 pm

I'm not trying to insult you. I think you did a great job so far. Those programs are tuff.

What program are you using to do this ?

Just curious. I have been trying to find something like this I can work with.

I like the gun... 8-)

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby mrshumphreys » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:54 pm

I saw you post this on FB and didn't have the time to look at it then.
Glad I caught it in here, tho. Very neat!
"It's like arguing with a brick wall, except the brick wall thinks you're an idiot, and thinks it's winning." - Humphreys, that sexy beast.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
mrshumphreys

Postby Tairaa » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:29 am

I'm not trying to insult you. I think you did a great job so far. Those programs are tuff.

What program are you using to do this ?

Just curious. I have been trying to find something like this I can work with.

Oh no, I wasn't insulted. :P
I am very much an amateur. I'm aware of the off-ness, I just haven't quite figured out a way around the quarks individually. Sometimes what I try to do works out nicely the first time, sometimes it produces poor topology or it will create errors in geometry. Most of the little quarks are simply because I don't understand the program fully enough, lacking any education in it other then what I've been able to come up with. The rest of it is lack of skill at making it look the way I want it to look. :P

I am using 3ds max
This is a Lockheed P-38 Lightning, my favourite of the era.

There are lots of screw ups on this model, especially the cockpit, and the air intake/output on the sponsoons between the wings and the empennage. Oh, and at the tips of the wings. Prime example of not understanding. That same model viewed from almost all other angles shows no sign of that geometry error, even angles of similar orientation. And I have no idea why. :P
But that's all part of the fun.
Tairaa

Postby Tairaa » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:31 am

I saw you post this on FB and didn't have the time to look at it then.
Glad I caught it in here, tho. Very neat!

Thanks. :)
What I'm hoping is that if I post what I do, it will perhaps motivate me to spend more time doing it.
Tairaa

Postby Dark-Samus » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:40 am

Although I don´t like the purpose of these blue prints...
I really think they are very nice done mate :mrgreen:
I`m a natural painter myself, although I have never painted anything concerning military stuff :) :lol:

But good stuff :mrgreen:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Tairaa » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:58 am

Yeah, I know a couple people who say the same thing, but alas, I will never make lots of money modeling flowers. :P

BUT On that note I did in fact try to model a leaf. Man, complex geometry compared to man-made things. Buildings, airplanes, they're all pretty easy. I could not get a spontaneous looking leaf for the life of me.
Tairaa

Postby Dark-Samus » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:38 am

Oh no, Idon´t paint or do anything concerning flowers...I know things like that are conencted to gays these days...and I don´t really care but I do not paint flowers either...
I tend to make lifeforms and think how they could be.

I specially make drawings of Dark Matter type creatures and imagine how they could be like...

Anyway if you ever have time, why not try to make some type of hippie "war" plane :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: ;)
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Next

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts