The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Seth

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby toshiba » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:36 pm

Any other Sethians here? For those who do not know, Seth was an entity channeled by the late Jane Roberts in the 1960's (long before the channeling craze of the 1970's and 80's) and authored many books describing the nature of reality.
"Now my own suspicion is that the Universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose." - J.B.S. Haldane
toshiba

Postby humphreys » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:47 pm

I'm not sure, probably, there are quite a few insane people around here, so your odds are good!
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby chiselray » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:09 pm

Humpy is a bigger fan of critics than the unknown... :x

?good thing?

but anyway ive read a bit about the seth material...the more there is to learn if you believe in what is written ,just begs for more questions...its an endless and difficult thing to comprehend ..
I recall Seth making reference to a natural self or any stranger being actually two different people ,but the same ,the same person (entity)as you and i...The exact wording i dont have,but the jist of it is very clear..Or not :?
chiselray

Postby humphreys » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:38 am

There you go mate, here come a crazy person now.

Have fun! :)
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby Dark-Samus » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:17 am

And me thinking it was about the egyptian god Seth :cry: :lol:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby toshiba » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:08 pm

Yes chiselray, that is one piece of information in a dozen books that "he" wrote. It gets back to the idea that we are all really one consciousness i.e. "God" anyway, just broken up into countless parts in order to explore ourself from different viewpoints.
"Now my own suspicion is that the Universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose." - J.B.S. Haldane
toshiba

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:21 pm

Hi,

I've read some of the Seth material in the past. It has some good ideas in it. I don't think its "channeled" material though. I think the author is a skilled writer who uses the channeled writing as a way to sell more books.

Although I think being possessed by a spirit is totally possible, I would not recommend it to anyone, especially if it's for writing a book, Lol. That's the kind of thing that should be left alone. Its dangerous and most people don't know how to discern the spirits.

I read someplace that all "channeled material" is evil and written by evil or dark spirits who's intention it is to draw people away from the true message of God. { don't kill the messenger}
I leave it alone.

Item7

Postby chiselray » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:34 am

humphreys wrote:There you go mate, here come a crazy person now.

Have fun! :)

dont be too hard on yourself hump... :lol:
chiselray

Postby chiselray » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:46 am

toshiba wrote:Yes chiselray, that is one piece of information in a dozen books that "he" wrote. It gets back to the idea that we are all really one consciousness i.e. "God" anyway, just broken up into countless parts in order to explore ourself from different viewpoints.

and yes that is basically it...and i have before once held that feeling in a high regard that all are one and one are all...it explains that a whole diversity of personalities are ebbing from a single source with each soul showing its uniqueness and personality ..and maybe this fractionating cycle is flowing as simply as would a radio frequency...from a singularity source (god) and then dividing down ,basically a soul..
chiselray

Postby malai5 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:50 pm

chiselray wrote:Humpy is a bigger fan of critics than the unknown... :x

?good thing?

but anyway ive read a bit about the seth material...the more there is to learn if you believe in what is written ,just begs for more questions...its an endless and difficult thing to comprehend ..
I recall Seth making reference to a natural self or any stranger being actually two different people ,but the same ,the same person (entity)as you and i...The exact wording i dont have,but the jist of it is very clear..Or not :?

Any different from the concept of a "Conscious" and an "Unconscious" self contained in the one entity???

Cheers

Malai5
THE FURTHER YOU GO, THE LESS YOU KNOW!
http://www.mam3.com.au
malai5

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts