The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Sci-Fi TV/Movies

Avatar...not a bad little film...

Sci-Fi has amazed audiences since the dawn of television and movies. Come on in to chat about anything and everything Science Fiction.

Postby Questioner101 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:27 pm

Reminds one of "A Man Called Horse" but that's ok...mankind shouldn't be pushing out indigenous folks anyway....good for gals and guys...romantic colors and shoot-um-up action....
"I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request."
Questioner101

Postby Dark-Samus » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:26 pm

If we forget the realism that is portrayed in the movie itself, this is the best movie this year and it has everything you want in a good movie.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby shadowfx » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:21 pm

I definately want to see this movie. But I think I'll wait for the rental.
shadowfx

Postby Dark-Samus » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:19 am

You should watch it in 3D at theaters...this movie is too beautifil to me missed...
Dark-Samus

Postby shadowfx » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:03 pm

Ah you are probally right.
I'll see about going this week to see it.
shadowfx

Postby mrshumphreys » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:46 am

We didn't shell out for the 3d, but worth seeing on the big screen anyway.
The plot itself is too annoying to warrant watching on tv.
"It's like arguing with a brick wall, except the brick wall thinks you're an idiot, and thinks it's winning." - Humphreys, that sexy beast.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
mrshumphreys

Postby event_horizon » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:23 am

The plot pretty much sums up the hearts and minds of the majority of humanity. It's a movie that begs you to hate Earthlings, pretty much...just how pathetic most of us are with our own greediness/selfishness.

I loved this movie and it's the most amazing thing ever put on the silver screen. I'm gonna see it again before it leaves the theater.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby Dark-Samus » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:15 am

True and James Cameron certainly knows the nature of mankind...mankind...should be mancruel :roll:
Dark-Samus

Postby mrshumphreys » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:51 am

event_horizon wrote:The plot pretty much sums up the hearts and minds of the majority of humanity. It's a movie that begs you to hate Earthlings, pretty much...just how pathetic most of us are with our own greediness/selfishness.

I loved this movie and it's the most amazing thing ever put on the silver screen. I'm gonna see it again before it leaves the theater.

Doesn't take much to entertain you these days, does it?
Don't you think the whole evil-white-American-males subjugate the nice-poor-savage-hippies for nothing but greed plots are just a weensy bit played out? Not even a little bit tired of being told how bad you are? *shrugs* The plot just didn't serve up anything new or interesting, IMO.

The special effects, OTOH, were kickass, and really realistic as well. Too bad they didn't have an equally fantastic story to not distract me from.
"It's like arguing with a brick wall, except the brick wall thinks you're an idiot, and thinks it's winning." - Humphreys, that sexy beast.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
mrshumphreys

Postby Dark-Samus » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:17 am

Doesn't take much to entertain you these days, does it?
Don't you think the whole evil-white-American-males subjugate the nice-poor-savage-hippies for nothing but greed plots are just a weensy bit played out? Not even a little bit tired of being told how bad you are? *shrugs* The plot just didn't serve up anything new or interesting, IMO.

We could say that about an infinite amount of topics this world has :lol:
Dark-Samus

Next

Return to Sci-Fi TV/Movies

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts