The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Tough Time of Year for Atheists

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby Nesaie » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:13 pm

Heh...I remember when Tom accused me of being SpringLake.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you still think that Tom?

I remember a conversation where Springlake made an Irish joke, I said that was racist, and you ran with it. It made me laugh. :lol:
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby greeney2 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:34 pm

LOL!! She was a progressive Liberal Feminist with an extreme distaste for men, Conservatives, and Christians.

See I was right, she was an atheist! :P
greeney2

Postby frrostedman » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:43 pm

Nesaie wrote:Heh...I remember when Tom accused me of being SpringLake.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you still think that Tom?

I remember a conversation where Springlake made an Irish joke, I said that was racist, and you ran with it. It made me laugh. :lol:

Your debating style is similar to hers and always has been. When she disappeared I thought for sure she would be back, she seemed to rely on this place to vent her anger and express her radical opinions. When she didn't come back I was very surprised and started suspecting she changed her name or assumed someone's identity.

But no, I have little doubt about it now, you're definitely not springlake in my opinion.

I've still always wondered about her link to sotex. There was one there, he let it out in a post but never said anything about it afterward. Sotex so loved riling up Christians I wouldn't have been surprised to find out that some folks i.e. springlake were actually just made up.
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby mrshumphreys » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:52 am

greeney2 wrote:
LOL!! She was a progressive Liberal Feminist with an extreme distaste for men, Conservatives, and Christians.

See I was right, she was an atheist! :P

Oi! I'm an atheist, and I quite like men, thank you!! :lol:

Tom,
I am a Bruce Lee fan, and the only good thing Chuck Norris ever commited to film was getting killed by the greatest kung fu action hero EVER!!!! Sorry. Didn't mean to get all worked up, there.

I don't know honestly, something about him just bugs me. I sat through a ton of his flicks as a kid, and I just found them boring. But I could sit around watching Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan all day... not that Jim would let me. He's not a kung fu movie kinda guy. :cry:

ETA: I could have sworn Springlake did show up here and make a post. By here I mean the newest version of here. I remember ole prunebelly would take to pm ing me nonstop for days if I said anything "she" disagreed with. Rob had some FANTASTIC photos of her, tho...
"It's like arguing with a brick wall, except the brick wall thinks you're an idiot, and thinks it's winning." - Humphreys, that sexy beast.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
mrshumphreys

Postby greeney2 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:02 am

For some reason Springlake had a difficult time logging in a long time ago, and disappeared around that time too. I believe but could be wrong she was from the east coast from what I remember.

Chuck NOrris was on Huckabee a few weeks ago, interresting politics! I always thought Brue Lee flicks were just too hooky and never got into them, Church Norris at best is a C- actor, and Jackie Chan if down right funny and his movies are good, he is the best, plus he does his own stunts.
greeney2

Postby mrshumphreys » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:01 pm

I can see where you'd find Bruce Lee movies hokey, but I like that about traditional kung fu flicks.
He revolutionized the way kung fu was filmed, though, and brought a realism to the fight scenes that hadn't existed before.

No argument from me about Jackie Chan! He is awesome! Funny as all get out, and a true gentleman.
"It's like arguing with a brick wall, except the brick wall thinks you're an idiot, and thinks it's winning." - Humphreys, that sexy beast.

mrshumphreys

Postby frrostedman » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:55 pm

Oh ok Mrshumphreys I thought you meant you didn't like him as a person. As far as his acting, I guess it was on par with the rest, maybe a little better (see Jean Claude) but his movies? You're right, they all sucked pretty bad. Especially when he started toting guns and then doing military stuff... then the only thing he had going for him (karate fights) dwindled to almost nothing. I never watched a single episode of Walker Texas Ranger, maybe it was good, I don't know.
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby mrshumphreys » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:01 pm

I don't know him as a person, LOL!
But I did join a Chuck Norris sucks group on facebook, lol.
I'm not sure what started the whole Chuck Norris internet meme. I never watched Walker Texas Ranger either. I think my mom quite likes him, tho.

mrshumphreys

Postby frrostedman » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:49 pm

frrostedman wrote:Oh ok Mrshumphreys I thought you meant you didn't like him as a person. As far as his acting, I guess it was on par with the rest, maybe a little better (see Jean Claude) but his movies? You're right, they all sucked pretty bad. Especially when he started toting guns and then doing military stuff... then the only thing he had going for him (karate fights) dwindled to almost nothing. I never watched a single episode of Walker Texas Ranger, maybe it was good, I don't know.

Wasn't suggesting you even had the possibility of knowing him intimately, I meant, I thought you hated the person Chuck Norris and not the characters he portrayed and/or movies he was in. There are a ton of things Chuck is involved in other than movies and acting. He is a book writer, he has that exercise machine, and he is involved in the Christian community. It's the whole Chuck Norris persona I thought you had a problem with. You and I totally agree on the acting and movie bit.

My favorite martial arts character was probably the old man in the the Remo Williams movies. He could dodge bullets but he was hooked on soap operas. Or maybe the Chinese Kung Fu master in Kill Bill 2... a devout priest, yet, totally racist and bigoted.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
frrostedman

Postby Answers » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:05 am

so whos ready for christmas?
Last edited by Answers on Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Answers

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts