The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Tough Time of Year for Atheists

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby frrostedman » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:55 pm

i just did a search for humphreysjim and no such user exists.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby humphreys » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:32 pm

Hmmm maybe cause I signed up too recently or need to confirm something I'll check it when I get home
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby humphreys » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:17 pm

Hi Tom, I tried to create a game with you but it won't let me as you won't accept challenges from players under 1550. I dunno why I'm not showing in the search. I'll send you a message on the site so you can find me.

Let's take this to PM now so we don't derail this lovely thread about what ***holes atheists are who are actually believers in denial anyway with OCD delusional tendencies etc any more than we already have.
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby screamzero » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:17 am

Don't be so hard on yourself humphreys, your not a complete ass hole.
I Kn-O-o-O-o-W! :mrgreen: You can be rather civil at times...I be a witness.
screamzero

Postby frrostedman » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:49 pm

In my recent endeavors to play catch up with the Chuck Norris frenzy (what am I? 5 years late?), I came across these gems... I'm sure mrshumphreys would love them!

Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby mrshumphreys » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:51 am

I despise Chuck Norris, but I loves me some LOLcats. :D

I don't actually know anybody who is offended by Christmas, or the fact that it's a religious holiday, or who choose not to celebrate it because of their non-beliefs. I'm always sort of embarrassed when I hear about somebody proclaiming to be offended by nativity scenes or Christmas trees or something. I think it's stupid and detracts from the very real issues of keeping religion out of government or public schools, and I think there is a world of difference between a Christmas play on school grounds and teaching creationism in a science class. Yelling at people for singing Christmas carols makes them infinitely less likely to take your point of view into consideration when discussing topics of actual importance, anyway.

I find the whole winter solstice crap even more annoying. As an atheist, I'm no more a pagan than I am a christian, so what exactly is the point of all that? It just seems spiteful and confrontational to me.
"It's like arguing with a brick wall, except the brick wall thinks you're an idiot, and thinks it's winning." - Humphreys, that sexy beast.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
mrshumphreys

Postby frrostedman » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:08 pm

Why on Earth do you despise Chuck Norris?? Or do you just not like the movies.

I found the rest of your post very refreshing, even surprising.

I'm sure you remember springlake. She was the only person I've come across that went out of her way not to celebrate Christmas.. and I suspect, like you say, it's more of a spiteful thing.
frrostedman

Postby greeney2 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:53 pm

Was Springlake a Johovahs Whitness or Atheist?
greeney2

Postby frrostedman » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:37 pm

greeney2 wrote:Was Springlake a Johovahs Whitness or Atheist?

LOL!! She was a progressive Liberal Feminist with an extreme distaste for men, Conservatives, and Christians.
frrostedman

Postby humphreys » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:53 am

She was also probably none of those in reality. I always suspected another Aquarian sockpuppet, tbh.

- Sam Harris
humphreys

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts