The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Hardships

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby sandra » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:49 pm

Why me? I continue to experience hardship after hardships and for many yrs I have asked myself why do I have to suffer and deal with things in life that can be so unpleasant. Many times it seems like my life has 'fallen' apart, I get down on myself, end up for moments being consumed by guilt, fear, anxiety of who I am, and self pity for lifes situations, but as my awareness grows I'm learning to maintain something that defeats all of that, service to creation, service to cocreation and a foundation that doesn't 'crumble'.

Ive come to start learning that when my life feels like its falling apart, I'm only shedding another layer of my ego driven 'self service mode'. This sounds so simple, but to maintain this thought process is evergoing, when I am in service to others and creation, my life is good, but it is easy to fall out of and start living only for myself.

I go indepth contemplating this because I believe many people end up beating themselves up over things they are not entirely in control of, there are natural laws of the truth, that cannot be destroyed within us or outside of ourselves yet our perceptions soemtimes have us thinking that we are victims of the world, when we are often times the persecutor. It is easy for us to forget about free will, free will of what our thoughts create for us, I'm starting to believe pain and suffering are more of an illusion than I had ever known before. That in my life I will experience heaven and hell, and more than once. well thats my thought on the day anyways. :oops:
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby greeney2 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:42 am

We all have hardships, it just part of life. In these times the hardships may get worse before they get better, so the only thing to do is not let it overwhelm you. What ever your way of going through or coping with any hardship is a individual thing for everyone. Just don't rob any banks to cure your problems.
greeney2

Postby sandra » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:10 am

well luckily I wasnt speaking of my finances lol yes we do all have hardships but it can also be how we perceive them that can change everything.
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:54 am

Hi,

How true! I needed to hear that today. The problems we face are often made so much worse by how we think about them.

I agree that we are co-creators, and our thoughts create our reality. We are spiritual beings living in physical bodies. I only wish I could get to the point of believing the physical pain I live with every day is an illusion. { fibromyalgia} Deep down I know it is, but the fact I still have pain and need to take prescription medicine is telling me I haven't reached that point yet.

Its gotten easier for me to deal with the emotional issues, by reminding myself daily emotions are just reactions and are choices we make. I still have "buttons" that people press, lol, but if I have meditated and touched home with myself, I can react with understanding to most all situations. { I say most all, because I still have issues with patience, lol}

Its helpful to know we are all struggling in different ways, but yet still all headed to the same destination. The fact that we are not helpless beings, but actually have great power within us is a comfort.

Item7

Postby Dark-Samus » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:34 am

My life has been a nightmare when it comes to the outside world for almost 90% of my entire life.
But as with everything else, the time to strike back is now. :twisted:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby greeney2 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:06 am

Dark my daughter came home from shool one day with a question from religion class that was pretty simple--I THOUGHT! Just when you think you can't learn from you kids.

The question was "What is Happiness"?

I thought about it for a few minutes and all of a sudden was stumped, becasue I thought that answer has to be different for everyone. Cars, a home, a good family, job security, health, good grades. I just couldn't come up with a universal answer. How many days of our lives do we have unhappy days, or not think about why we are happy.

The answer was pretty simple. Happiness is a choice! You can live in depression and always take the fatalist position, or you can take the choice of finding something to make you happy everyday. You can spend a lifetime blaming the world for your woes, but bottom line is we make ourselves happy or miserable, all on our own Dark. Being happy is clearly a choice. Its your perspective and your choice everyday.

Item, Mrs. G2 also has Fibramialgia too. Many doctors don;t really diagnosis it right. Its one of those things that if you have it, you know it, and everyone on the outside looking, can't quite understand it. She has many days where she just hurts all over, aches and pains. I think staying on the move, getting out and around, may be the best thing for it on some days. I'll ask her what helps her the most, medicine and activity wise.
greeney2

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:04 pm

Hi,

greeney2, I love that story! How true. We really do create our own heavens and hells by how we think.

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 5 years ago. I've been treated with various painkillers, muscle relaxers, antidepressants, on and on and on. I have a wonderful physician now who knows more about the disease, and has me taking Savala, which really seemed to help.

I hope Mrs.G2 finds the right thing to help her. It such a frustrating disorder, because its not widely understood and each person seems to be helped by different methods. For me, its a combination of light exercise ,a low calorie diet, and several medications.

Unfortunately just as I found something that seemed to really make a difference, the last couple of months I have felt really bad, sleeping all the time, no energy, lost of interest in anything, weight gain, increased migraines and thoughts of suicide. I went to my physician today, and came home with a 3rd antidepressant, { I was already taking two } and a diagnosis of Major depression. So here I am, now on 7 prescriptions instead of 5, and hoping when I go back in three weeks I'll feel better. I'm literally sick and tired of being sick and tired!

I'm not gonna let this stop me from trying to enjoy the holidays. I put up a small tree today, even though I had no desire to do it. When it was done I felt happier just looking at it. Christmas trees are so peaceful looking.

So much of how we deal with things is dependant on how we think about things. I've heard it said that all physical problems stem from wrong thinking. If that's the case I sure have a lot of work to do!

I look at it this way...there's always someone who hurts more than I do and can use my help. even if its just spending time with them. My mom is a great inspiration for me, she has the energy of two twenty year olds, even though she suffers from arthritis she is a volunteer for several organizations through her church. Nothing stops that woman! She has become my best friend . I am highly blessed to have family and friends who support me. And I try and stay focused on what I can do, not what I can't do, Lol. Oh and humor! I really think laughter is the best medicine.

Item7

Postby Dark-Samus » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:19 am

Well as much as I almost agree with you G2 about that we choose to be happy, I don´t think the poor people of Africa and other poor people in other non rich countries,Homosexuals,Many Women,Bullied Kids and other minorities aswell would agree with you.

What I`ve learned from experience is that those who are happy with their lives are those who do not care about others when they make the wrong choices that would make them happy.
Take for example us homosexuals, I bet that killing,beating and such things like that makes these gay haters happy when it affects homosexuals directly.

Women have too been submited to the so called happiness of men under almost the entire time of this so called dawn of civilization.

Poor and doomed people like those in Africa are so not happy at all when it comes down to it.
I don´t think for a second that they are really happy with how things are today in their country when diseases like Kolera and civilwars and drugs are just around them everywhere.
It´s very easy for specially the west to say that choices makes you happy,sad,good or evil.
Sadly though the real world has taught me one things.

Most people do not choose to be what they want, they are forced.
I just wish countries like USA,GB, Sweden and others like them learns that when they still have time.
But as far as I`m concerned, it will never happen.

Further more, I know some traditions are good while most of them are bad, it´s just a pity that many from the old generation specially those with hate towards any other group that is not harmful in anyway passes on these traditions to the next generation and so the cycle of hate and ignorance continues today and will continue into the future.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby greeney2 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:44 am

Like I said Saturos, the word is choice! You just choose to not apply this to yourself in simple terms. You are not a starving child in Africa who has AIDS, or any of the extreme examples that do not apply to you, or have nothing to do with the point. And here we are again at the study we argued about a few years ago about the mental health problems of gays, related to there own relationship issues, and not the influence of the rest of the world.

Simple truth is you just want to remain in a state of the ultimate victim, and if you want to remain an unhappy human being, thats your choice. The answer is very simple, just wake up tommorrow and decide, today I'm going to be happy.
greeney2

Postby greeney2 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:28 am

Hey Item,

Reading what you said was almost a carbon copy what what Mrs. G2 goes through, +/- a few issues. She does also take some antidepressants and has all the other physical things you have. She takes quite a bit more meds than you do, but she has also suffered from Severe Migraines her entire life. She truly suffers when these migraines come, and they are so bad all she can do is lay down with ice bags, and take some of the pain medications. They incapacitate her totally. She takes Lyrica and several other things. Like you she has bad and good days, and takes naps during the day. aches, pains, and tiredness, chronic fatique syndrome are all part of it. The symptoms can overlap other things we have had experice with thru the years. We have a housefull of indoor cats, so they keep her happy too. Pets always know when you do not feel well for some reason. WE did some kitten rescue work last year, and ended up adopting 2 more in the process, so she has a big 4-legged support group everyday.

Like you item, Mrs G2 was very close to her Mom, who we lost about 7 years ago, and her Dad about 3 years ago. I'm lucky to say I had the best Mother and Father in Law anyone could have asked for. I retired from 30 years in the areospace business last year, so now she is stuck with me full time. WE are free do to our thing togather everyday, and I have a homebased small business that keeps me going, plus years of home projects to catch up on. One of the biggest reasons I retired when I could was to retain our medical retirement insurance, I would have lost, and I;m sure you know about the cost of prescriptions. Sometimes there is no generics for what you need.

Of course the best and biggest reason was for us to just enjoy life togather. I think getting out and around is the best therapy, for both of us, neither of us gets enough walking excersize. We like to take drives when we can, and went last week up to a Marina in Ventura, where we shop and eat lunch, and goto a favorite spot to watch the ocean.
greeney2

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts