The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Hardships

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby Dark-Samus » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:48 am

Like I said Saturos, the word is choice! You just choose to not apply this to yourself in simple terms.

Well of course I`m not comparing myself to those people, and well right now, I do have the choice to be whatever I want.
At the same time I also know that minorities can not let their guard down either.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Cole_Trickle » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:13 pm

sandra wrote:Why me? I continue to experience hardship after hardships and for many yrs I have asked myself why do I have to suffer and deal with things in life that can be so unpleasant. Many times it seems like my life has 'fallen' apart, I get down on myself, end up for moments being consumed by guilt, fear, anxiety of who I am, and self pity for lifes situations, but as my awareness grows I'm learning to maintain something that defeats all of that, service to creation, service to cocreation and a foundation that doesn't 'crumble'.

Ive come to start learning that when my life feels like its falling apart, I'm only shedding another layer of my ego driven 'self service mode'. This sounds so simple, but to maintain this thought process is evergoing, when I am in service to others and creation, my life is good, but it is easy to fall out of and start living only for myself.

I go indepth contemplating this because I believe many people end up beating themselves up over things they are not entirely in control of, there are natural laws of the truth, that cannot be destroyed within us or outside of ourselves yet our perceptions soemtimes have us thinking that we are victims of the world, when we are often times the persecutor. It is easy for us to forget about free will, free will of what our thoughts create for us, I'm starting to believe pain and suffering are more of an illusion than I had ever known before. That in my life I will experience heaven and hell, and more than once. well thats my thought on the day anyways. :oops:

Interesting: If I may- I've a great deal of experience with this sort of thing, some of this can't be explained with mere words, however sometimes they do help.

If I were to ask you and 10 others: " What is the most important thing in your life? " I'd more than likely get 11 different answers. I use to have these meeting/talks/conferences in my past profession where a POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE was paramount to the task at hand. I was a decent trainer with tons of experience in motivating people to better preform their jobs without getting too personal, a fine line indeed. Some are just not capable of happiness or of a positive attitude, it's why there are so many Multi- Millionaire Preachers. Sorry but that's the facts.

Here goes for what it's worth.

I once asked the question to a room full of trainees, had them write down their answers on a sheet of paper and pass it up. 10 -12 people as it was I got the usual common answers.
Wife-Family-Kids-Money- a few said their religion, no one gave the right answer, they never do.

So I asked one who had answered-his wife- to stand up and take the biggest-deepest breath he possibly could and hold it. :lol: Silence filled the room, after 30 seconds or so several people say " Hey no fair " " Trick Question " To which I say--" How so " Your life is over without oxygen. Now what's next? Water, Food, Health--The wife now not so important because without the other THERE IS NO WIFE. Pretty simply but effective.

Like it or not the things we think are most important aren't nearly as important as we think or more importantly ( AS WE'VE BEEN LED TO BELIEVE ) It's the exact same with the bad things only in reverse.

I can ask people: " WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY, TRULY HAPPY ?" Most people say something that they usually pull out of left field BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T A CLUE about what makes them happy. How can one be happy if they don't know what true happiness is?

I've got too many Attitude improvement stories to mention, it really is all about attitude, there's nothing more important than a positive attitude. Had one example happen last night: The opportunity presents itself on a daily basis if you know how to focus your energy you'll capture it.

Phone rings, it's my Wife's Mother, during the course of the conversation she must have asked what we were having for supper. My wife told her and her mother's response was " IN THIS WEATHER " He's nuts! :lol: :lol: I was grilling steaks in a ZERO WIND CHILL. Well that kind of thing makes me happy, besides they make gear for being out in zero weather. ;)

Here's the Best example of a positive attitude being HEALTHY.

Two children were taken to a warehouse for an experiment. One child was put in a warehouse full of any kind of toy a child could ever imagine. The other was placed in a warehouse that was packed full of Manure.

A small group of shrinks/doctors were assigned to monitor each child. The child with the toys played contently with every toy of interest but soon grew bored and ended up just sitting in the middle of the room after about 45 mins. After two hours the other child in the room full of manure was still running around laughing, smiling, playing. They stopped the experiment and asked each child a question:

1st child: You had every toy imaginable so why did you stop playing with them after just 45 mins time: " Well they're just toys and I'm all alone so I got lonely and then tired "

2nd child: We don't understand, you had a room full of manure and after 2 hours you were still running around and playing, why? Well with all of that manure I just knew that there had to be a pony in there somewhere! ;)

best,

Bring Em Home Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby inja » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:24 pm

Sandra your post reminded me of a poem I just recently read by Rumi.

The grapes of my body can only become wine.
After the winemaker tramples me.
I surrender my spirit like grapes to his trampling.
So my inmost heart can blaze and dance with joy.
Although the grapes go on weeping blood and sobbing.
"I cannot bear anymore anguish, any more cruelty!"
The trampler stuffs cotton in his ears: "I am not working in ignorance.
You can deny me if you want, you have every excuse,
But it is I who am the Master of this Work.
And when through my Passion you reach Perfection,
You will never be done praising my name."

Trials, tribulations, darkness or hardships....what ever it is labeled...it is especially in those times where there can be found a divine force at work. It is what we do with those times that matter....not viewing ourselves as victims I believe is what matters most. Being a grape and having been ripened by rain and earth and sunshine....so that than the hand of life can trample you... ultimately knowing that in the end you can become nothing less than fine wine.....makes all aspects of life worth while....
Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make sense.
inja

Postby frrostedman » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:14 pm

Great post inja.

Chin up, Sandra and God bless. PM me if you want to and are comfortable. Maybe I can help!
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby sandra » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:16 pm

Item7 wrote:
How true! I needed to hear that today. The problems we face are often made so much worse by how we think about them.

And doesnt it seem so easy, yet it is the easiest thing to forget lol We are always in control of our perception and its relation to the truth. If jesus died for our sins, then how come we are suffering? What IS suffering and where does it stand in context with the truth, I like to remember the saying 'and deliver me from evil'.....from my own evil. Everything that is outside of ourselves can be seen inwards first. There are soo many basic things I contemplate but the dynamics of them appear endless, or always growing and changing...as i do.

I agree that we are co-creators, and our thoughts create our reality. We are spiritual beings living in physical bodies. I only wish I could get to the point of believing the physical pain I live with every day is an illusion. { fibromyalgia} Deep down I know it is, but the fact I still have pain and need to take prescription medicine is telling me I haven't reached that point yet.

Most of us haven't. and im on this whole kick lately about suffering, Id say someone like you should be thankful to have the understanding you do, just think of how many other people out there have fibromyalgia and have none of the hope and outlook you do. Soo many people get stuck in a viscious cycle of despair.

Its gotten easier for me to deal with the emotional issues, by reminding myself daily emotions are just reactions and are choices we make. I still have "buttons" that people press, lol, but if I have meditated and touched home with myself, I can react with understanding to most all situations. { I say most all, because I still have issues with patience, lol}

oh yeah I know exactly what ya mean :)

Its helpful to know we are all struggling in different ways, but yet still all headed to the same destination. The fact that we are not helpless beings, but actually have great power within us is a comfort.

Item7

well hmm sometimes I see people not struggling,,,,ever, and those are the ones I worry about. Maybe some of us are struggling more, overcoming things, and a bit more ahead of the pack.
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby sandra » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:28 pm

Dark-Samus wrote:My life has been a nightmare when it comes to the outside world for almost 90% of my entire life.
But as with everything else, the time to strike back is now. :twisted:

So is it fair to say you are part of the blessed? :mrgreen: ;)

"the time to strike back is now."-----oh how I get why you say that LMAO and I'm glad to see someone understood the depth of what I was saying. just because 90% of your life has been a nightmare in the outside world does not mean you are saying your life has been a nightmare as soo many ppl will read that as so. Its their life thats the nightmare. ;) :mrgreen:
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby sandra » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:42 pm

Dark-Samus wrote:Further more, I know some traditions are good while most of them are bad, it´s just a pity that many from the old generation specially those with hate towards any other group that is not harmful in anyway passes on these traditions to the next generation and so the cycle of hate and ignorance continues today and will continue into the future.

SHABANG,,,LOL this is another thing I contemplate on a regular basis as I have found its been worth the time.

I believe at one time tradition was a good thing, like maybe when one time people were a good thing... ;) No really though, the reason I do not like routine nor tradition is because I do not believe many people are walking around right now with 'good' intent (or that they are even aware of such a thing as 'intent', and if you have a shyt ton of people doing the same thing over and over again day in and day out, I can't imagine their intent is going to change with the same physical actions....BUT it is not really HOW we do things, its the WAY, with what reasoning,,,,,for instance, I am half native american, the big talk in indian country right now is that we are losing our language and culture, (our traditions) and every one is in a panic and pointing fingers, yet if our own people werent soo ill willed to turn into corporate america, those same people would have the time to preserve the things they call sacred. Nothing is being lost, its being given up....and they are not fooling the people who preserve the real truth. What should really be tradition besides growing in love and compassion. on and on and on oh yeah thats a whole nother trip for me, thx for sharing ur thoughts.
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby sandra » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:50 pm

inja wrote:Sandra your post reminded me of a poem I just recently read by Rumi.

Trials, tribulations, darkness or hardships....what ever it is labeled...it is especially in those times where there can be found a divine force at work. It is what we do with those times that matter....not viewing ourselves as victims I believe is what matters most. Being a grape and having been ripened by rain and earth and sunshine....so that than the hand of life can trample you... ultimately knowing that in the end you can become nothing less than fine wine.....makes all aspects of life worth while....

BAM BAM ....emeril would say that LOL

YES, RIGHT ON, what comes after our darkest hour, and I like to remember something else-- sometimes hardships come so we may be humble enough to accept the greatest of blessings. I can see exactly why you would think of that poem, its like a more beautiful translation of what I was trying to convey, and you got it. ....that poem added a great happiness to me for the moment, I will luv reading it more than once.

awesome to see you around inja!! long time no see
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby Dark-Samus » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:51 am

So is it fair to say you are part of the blessed?

"the time to strike back is now."-----oh how I get why you say that LMAO and I'm glad to see someone understood the depth of what I was saying. just because 90% of your life has been a nightmare in the outside world does not mean you are saying your life has been a nightmare as soo many ppl will read that as so. Its their life thats the nightmare

Would be alot better if I was their main cause for their nightmare :twisted: :lol:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby inja » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:18 pm

sandra wrote:
inja wrote:Sandra your post reminded me of a poem I just recently read by Rumi.

BAM BAM ....emeril would say that LOL

YES, RIGHT ON, what comes after our darkest hour, and I like to remember something else-- sometimes hardships come so we may be humble enough to accept the greatest of blessings. I can see exactly why you would think of that poem, its like a more beautiful translation of what I was trying to convey, and you got it. ....that poem added a great happiness to me for the moment, I will luv reading it more than once.

awesome to see you around inja!! long time no see

Yeah I got what you where saying. Hold onto Rumi's poem....tuck it away....and while you continue on your path and things settle in your heart every so often pull the poem out....you'll find that the meaning does not change but the depth of the words will. :)

There are 4 words that I have found that have most meaning in my life.....course I had to find them first with a lot of kicking and screaming.

Self responsibility....serving....trust....joy

Yeah it's been a long time....glad to see you again as well. ;)
Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make sense.
inja

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts