The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

I Am therefore I think.

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby screamzero » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:28 pm

Energy instigated the first move; maybe at once, maybe in a series of events-
that it may be or seems to be without a source is the question. This is what defies
our carnal brains. From this stance I say matter descended from energy...Spirit.
What It (energy) is is the new proposition. Nothing or real? I think therefore I am? (Renee
Descartes) NOT!

I ain't no famous philosopher like he is but I humbly disagree.
I Am therefore I think. One cannot be unless one first is
but then that's the part and parcel of G-d in me.

Spirit first (Humphreys argues this with a healthy skepticism; it really is so good
looking that it is hard to see.) - my subjective
experiences convince me Spirit is real; I need no argument for me, it has been made:
I am therefore I think.

The energy became and sparked the evolution of matter,
which eventually returns to energy.....you may have some.

Thanks for that little "brain scratch"! I've been wanting to coalesce that idea in the
physical for a while now...Thank you Humphreys and Item7.
screamzero

Postby Questioner101 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:52 am

All matter is conscious....so be nice to your toes.
"I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request."
Questioner101

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:17 pm

Hi,

I like that Screamzero.

Just like a thought comes before action, but there must be a person there to think that thought and then preform the action. Energy is key. I believe it was conscious spirit that the energy came from. A energy that always existed, still exists, and always will.

Its interesting that one of the names of God is I Am. Its almost as if every time we create we are co-creators with God. I Am could be referring to the God within each of us. Just saying this name..."I am" tells us in part who God is.

Item7

Postby sandra » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:56 pm

Item7 wrote: Its almost as if every time we create we are co-creators with God.

micro to macro

Although not all of our minds are able to maintain this awareness and use it consciously. Being cocreators with god is a no bs deal. You hear some ppl talk about climate change and that no way can humans have a large part of that, yet those are ppl that do not know more about their extent of free will, free will to work with god and creation as caretakers of mother earth. Some ppl are oblivious to thought creation.

I like your thought of 'conscious spirit' that the energy came from, many ppl believe that is the exact reason for the symbolism of the 'cross' the middle being the starting 'point'.
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:27 am

Hi,
Thanks Sandra.

I've never heard of that explanation of the symbol of the cross, but I really like it.

Even though the cross symbol is older than Christianity, many negative thinkers call the cross a symbol of death, and wonder why Christians use it. But Christians see it as a symbol of hope and overcoming. I've always thought of it as a positive symbol. Seeing it as energy radiating out is a wonderful idea!

Item7

Postby sandra » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:04 pm

Item7 wrote:Hi,
Thanks Sandra.

Cool.

I've never heard of that explanation of the symbol of the cross, but I really like it.

Yeah its not common knowledge.

Even though the cross symbol is older than Christianity,

Exactly. and who knows how old the symbol of the cross is.

many negative thinkers call the cross a symbol of death, and wonder why Christians use it.

I don't mind seeing the cross as a symbol of death, not at all. Jesus 'died' on the cross, and death is always rebirth in my eyes. Ive always thought when Jesus died on the cross his consciousness burst into life like THE BIG BANG lol He gave not an inch to any other will besides god, and I believe jesus knew exactly what was happneing.

But Christians see it as a symbol of hope and overcoming. I've always thought of it as a positive symbol. Seeing it as energy radiating out is a wonderful idea!

Item7

I see the cross as a 'bring it, bring it on' type a symbol LOL :shock:
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby screamzero » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:22 pm

'Bring It on'. I like it.
screamzero

Postby event_horizon » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:01 pm

screamzero wrote:Energy instigated the first move; maybe at once, maybe in a series of events-
that it may be or seems to be without a source is the question. This is what defies
our carnal brains. From this stance I say matter descended from energy...

This is the "Holy Grail" of everything. But the rest of what you wrote is uh...quite "instigative" to say the least... :lol:

Dang man! I didn't know you had it in you. You're actually on to something here. :shock:

So if "energy instigated the first move", doesn't that precede "God"?
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby humphreys » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:34 pm

You are, therefore you drink.

At least, that seems to be what happened in great quantity, before you made that post :shock:
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby screamzero » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:54 pm

event_horizon wrote:
screamzero wrote:Energy instigated the first move; maybe at once, maybe in a series of events-
our carnal brains. From this stance I say matter descended from energy...

This is the "Holy Grail" of everything. But the rest of what you wrote is uh...quite "instigative" to say the least... :lol:

Dang man! I didn't know you had it in you. You're actually on to something here. :shock:

So if "energy instigated the first move", doesn't that precede "God"?

..not if the energy is G-d. I can hardly find a better explanation for the the beauty and logic of any evolutions. It's just too fitting...self realizing beings, massive solar systems, cell to primate,etc.
screamzero

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts