The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

Helicopters crash. 14 Americans dead.

Discuss the War on Terrorism, Homeland Security, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea and other global terrorist concerns.

Postby inja » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:55 pm

mael wrote:Great news.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld ... 0197.story

That's 14 less fighting for Israel. :D

Should bring all the boys home, eh!

From your article

Eleven U.S. troops and three American law-enforcement officials were killed in two separate helicopter crashes today, one of the war's heaviest one-day losses for U.S. forces, military officials said.

I wouldn't call this great news. I wouldn't call it news at all. 2 days ago 160 Iraqi's died and hundreds where injured, 60 kids are still missing all due to 2 bomb attacks. This incident was bigger news abroad (and still is) but not here in the US. Even the BV didn't bother with saying anything about it.

While this might sound cold (so be it) I can't possible see why 14 American deaths would be news let alone great news if over a hundred Iraqi deaths aren't news.

Besides I find your logic to be flawed. 14 American soldiers dead doesn't even equal a grain of sand on a beach......and so these deaths don't change anything in regards to fighting for Israel.

Nope....if there is news here it is that you dangled out some bait with that crafty wordiness of yours and you promptly got a few fish to bite. ;)
Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make sense.
inja

Postby Cole_Trickle » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:15 pm

I wouldn't call this great news. I wouldn't call it news at all. 2 days ago 160 Iraqi's died and hundreds where injured, 60 kids are still missing all due to 2 bomb attacks. This incident was bigger news abroad (and still is) but not here in the US. Even the BV didn't bother with saying anything about it

Yes indeed 4 give me. I was going to lay that out but time led me astray. I have some great stuff on it and will post it ( probably early am )

best,

Bring Em Home Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby mael » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:19 pm

inja wrote:I wouldn't call this great news. I wouldn't call it news at all.

* Well OK, it is good news and it's bad news. The bad news is that some people are mourning, and the good news might be that many more will be against this war. I certainly thought the war was less worth it after hearing of those helicopter crashes and I didn't think I could think it could be any less worthy than I already thought. I hope others are of the opinion the war in Afghanistan is intolerable and unconscionable.

2 days ago 160 Iraqi's died and hundreds where injured, 60 kids are still missing all due to 2 bomb attacks. This incident was bigger news abroad (and still is) but not here in the US. Even the BV didn't bother with saying anything about it.

* I only heard rumours about it. You are right, it wasn't exactly broadcasted news. perhaps you could start a thread about it?

While this might sound cold (so be it) I can't possible see why 14 American deaths would be news let alone great news if over a hundred Iraqi deaths aren't news.

* Of course.

Besides I find your logic to be flawed. 14 American soldiers dead doesn't even equal a grain of sand on a beach......and so these deaths don't change anything in regards to fighting for Israel.

* Well if you want to be literal about it then yes. But the ramifications could potentially be far more destructive to the Godless tribes who profit from war.

Nope....if there is news here it is that you dangled out some bait with that crafty wordiness of yours and you promptly got a few fish to bite. ;)

* I also dredged-up a caelocanth, a megamouth goldfish and a hand-grenade. -- Looks like next time the pre-historic fish (which lives completely in the dark and does not know the light of day), and the fanged-goldfish stir up the waters and muddy the issues I'll land myself a bomb which will blow me off the beach.
mael

Postby frrostedman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:07 pm

I don't like it when anyone's death is celebrated and that includes Iraqis or anyone else. I didn't cheer when Saddam was executed. I don't much like it when anyone is killed.

But for anyone to waltz in here and celebrate the deaths of American soldiers, no matter the far-fetched long term goal, is truly what's 'unconscionable'. The reaction to said celebration should not only have been expected, but, much worse should have been and probably was expected.

Now--I hate to drag Obama into this but as he was elected to end the Bush anti-terror policies I would like to at least point something out. Obama said--and the entire Liberal crowd cheered in response--that the war in Afghanistan is the crucial, fundamental war. Now he's waffling and there is talk of pulling out entirely.

I will agree, if Obama doesn't intend on winning the war there for the right reasons, we absolutely should pull out. There's no sense in us just sitting around while the enemy emboldens and good Americans get killed.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Previous

Return to The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts