The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

Remember that 650,000 dead in Iraq debate?

Discuss the War on Terrorism, Homeland Security, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea and other global terrorist concerns.

Postby MonarchSmile » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:36 pm

inja wrote:
hxxx wrote:
You people pretending to give a rat's ass about Joe Mohammad Iraqi :roll:

You care so much about the Iraqi people that you're willing to borrow billions but cannot afford to care for your own.

Actually I do care. And I was not willing to spend billions that are borrowed for a war I consider an invasion. And I find all the arguments coming from the far right about Obama's spending plan to be rather pathetic since they had no problem with the Bush Administration spending money that caused destruction but are loud mouthed about spending money on our own country internally.

Bump
MonarchSmile

Postby Cole_Trickle » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:09 am

The body count will rise for years and years after the Troops are gone,
That's of course, IF THEY EVER LEAVE

A Sharp rise of Cancer and BIRTH DEFECTS are a direct result of NATO Forces/American/Brits-others: Using depleted Uranium and other severely Toxic weapons.

Here's a link by one of Cyberspaces very very Best Journalists:

CAUTION
Not for the faint of heart!

http://breakfornews.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9911#59911

From the field:

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby gudskepteacal » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:24 pm

Any death caused by war is, of course, tragic. The growing numbers sensationalize the tragedy. Unless we, as a race of people, unlearn greed, aggression, and hate, there will always be some willing to sacrifice others for their desires. As it has always been ...
"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." - James Madison
gudskepteacal

Postby Wing-Zero » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:26 pm

gudskepteacal wrote:Any death caused by war is, of course, tragic. The growing numbers sensationalize the tragedy. Unless we, as a race of people, unlearn greed, aggression, and hate, there will always be some willing to sacrifice others for their desires. As it has always been ...

And as it always will continue to be.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Cole_Trickle » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:18 am

gudskepteacal wrote:Any death caused by war is, of course, tragic. The growing numbers sensationalize the tragedy. Unless we, as a race of people, unlearn greed, aggression, and hate, there will always be some willing to sacrifice others for their desires. As it has always been ...

SO now it's Most people DO NOT know right from wrong I understand now.

I've no problem with war, I'm not anit-war just anti fictitious wars, like Iraq and Afghanistan/maybe Iran.

Someone, anyone : Tell me WHY we are in those Countries? Convince me that we need to be there. Justify the dead on all sides!

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby Aquatank » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:43 am

I generally stick to the Iraq Body Count's numbers because of the methodology used in getting them.

That being said all war is is government sanctioned murder, and we cover our moral conflicts with it with weak excuses called "Justification".

I'm not going to compare conflicts. But I will point out the most troubling aspect of all this, even with ones "justification" in place that war is somehow necessary, WHY IS THE RATIO OF CIVILIAN DEATHS TO FIGHTERS DEATHS CONTINUALLY GOING UP? That is why with all the precision munitions and new tactics to guard innocent lives does each conflict kill more and more civilians than soldiers? Both sides of a conflict are responsible for this (including the USA.).

We the people of the world must get around "justifying" war and violence. We must stop idolizing Soldiers in all our entertainment mediums, schools, and toys. Because they do not truly "protect our way of life", they protect our "nations interests" and those interests are strictly corporate from factories to supply lines of materials. Industrial Materials & Exotic Foods are not a way of life they are simply the means fullfill wants. Our way of life changes all the time and that change is usually measured decade by decade, we aren't protecting anything our way of life isn't something static that needs protecting its fluid and continously undergoes change. If we tried protecting our way of life from one decade, then we'd be stuck there. I'm sure a few of our readers would like life to go back the way it was in 1850, but that way of life and others were changed and subsequently destroyed by time. So why waste valuable resources engaging in corporate pursuits that actually weaken a nations domestic viability. In the USA more taxes are spent on military related expenses than any other, over twice the military expenditures of our Cold War enemies at that, yet 1/2 our populace complains when the taxes are shifted to domestic needs. We are addicted to war as a species, and as nations. We are addicted to violence, and its about time we broke the addiction.
Aquatank

Previous

Return to The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts